Any just off Freedom yesterday?

We sail in 2 weeks and we keep getting conflicting answers from RCI on wether the ship stays on ship time while in port or goes by local time. The only one who would know are those just off yesterday because daylight savings just went into effect and that is what creates the difference in ship vs island time

My parents were on the March 3rd Navigator sailing (a week before DST). They said that they flipped the clocks forwards on the first day, so that they were already on "island time" by the time they got there. I would assume that ship time and island time will be the same, but I'm not positive.

I have sailed Freedom class before and we always stay on ship time. So you need to be aware of the time different in the various ports so you can adjust accordingly.

I believe Cozumel is Central so they will be an hour behind the ship.

We sail in 2 weeks and we keep getting conflicting answers from RCI on wether the ship stays on ship time while in port or goes by local time. The only one who would know are those just off yesterday because daylight savings just went into effect and that is what creates the difference in ship vs island time

we just got off yesterday.

The excursions and islands go by ship time. their main income is tourism, they want to make us happy. And they did a good job!

My understanding is that you always stay on ship's time to determine sailaway time and any ship sponsored events. Now, ship's time might change, but usually for me it is always the departure port time. I'm sure ship's time would change if the final port is not the same as the departure port (a repositioning cruise). If the time changes, I've found it is very well documented in the daily newsletter.

I'm not sure if you book your own excursions. These might be based on local time.

Archived