Carnival Magic review with pictures!!!

stacycakes1

Thanks for the feedback all! I can't wait to take our next cruise so I can get on here and write again:)

As for the Winery we toured, it was called San Michele A Torri. They gave us a tour of the vinyard and winery and olive oil production. After we got to taste a bunch of wine and foods. It was great!

Thanks for the feedback all! I can't wait to take our next cruise so I can get on here and write again:)

As for the Winery we toured, it was called San Michele A Torri. They gave us a tour of the vinyard and winery and olive oil production. After we got to taste a bunch of wine and foods. It was great!

I've just found this and have read all 16 pages ! Wonderful stuff from start to finish. Thanks for the hours that went must have gone in to putting it together,

Tony

Awesome review,,,,,thank you !!!

Just spent 2 1/2 hours reading it, couldn't stop. Loved every minute. Your photos were absolutely amazing.

We will be on the BREEZE in Sept and I am a bit worried about how port intensive this cruise will be for us. We r used to the relaxing caribbean cruises :cool:

My DH was born in Italy and came to Canada when he was 6yrs old, so this cruise is a dream come true for him, since he has never been back. We have 5 stops in Italy alone. Have already booked with RIL, we have decided to really spoil ourselves and are taking a *private* tour {just the 2 of us} in Rome and Livorno. Have not booked our other ports as yet, but after reading your review has helped a lot in my planning thoughts.

Wishing you both a wonderful first ♥anniversary♥. My DH and I will be celebrating our 36th and this will be our first trip to Europe. A trip of a lifetime for us both.

Looking forward to more of your reviews.

Happy Cruising......

DonnaF :D

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your review. My DH and I were on Magic in October "11. Our ports were a little different than yours, we didn't go to Monaco, but went to Venice. I enjoyed all your wonderful pictures and going along on all your tours through them.

We are returning to the Med next fall on the Sunshine, and I am going to take the Taormino on your own tour thanks to your photos. I am also considering Rome in Limo, and will put something out there on our roll call to see if anyone else is interested.

Thanks again, you and your DH make a great couple, enjoy your life together!

Paula

Awesome review,,,,,thank you !!!

Just spent 2 1/2 hours reading it, couldn't stop. Loved every minute. Your photos were absolutely amazing.

We will be on the BREEZE in Sept and I am a bit worried about how port intensive this cruise will be for us. We r used to the relaxing caribbean cruises :cool:

My DH was born in Italy and came to Canada when he was 6yrs old, so this cruise is a dream come true for him, since he has never been back. We have 5 stops in Italy alone. Have already booked with RIL, we have decided to really spoil ourselves and are taking a *private* tour {just the 2 of us} in Rome and Livorno. Have not booked our other ports as yet, but after reading your review has helped a lot in my planning thoughts.

Wishing you both a wonderful first ♥anniversary♥. My DH and I will be celebrating our 36th and this will be our first trip to Europe. A trip of a lifetime for us both.

Looking forward to more of your reviews.

Happy Cruising......

DonnaF :D

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you and your DH:)

Don't worry about the ports being so intensive, you make it what you want to make it. We chose some heavy sightseeing but you could easily just take your time strolling along the streets shopping and enjoying the culture and cafes. RIL is great with being flexable to your needs also so your driver will listen if you need to slow down a bit also. No matter what you end up doing you will be in Europe and will most likely enjoy every moment:)

Congrats!!!!

Loved your review, loved all of your pictures. But most importantly- where did you get that dress? I need!

Ha! Love it:)

I got almost all of my dresses at New York and Company (that is where this one is from) and Victoria's Secret (there clothes are available only online). They both have dresses that fit a curvier gal as well as the slim ones:)

I am not sure if you will find the exact dress but they have quite a few simular styles agian this year. Victoria's Secret ships quickly and if it doesn't fit you can get a return label and exchange it or return it.

Happy dress shopping!!!!

Stacy, like many others, I clicked on this just to get an idea of what the Magic was like. Needless to say, I have just spent 2 hours reading your AMAZING review. I have been toying with the idea of taking a cruise to see Italy versus a land based vacation and you have me sold!! I just texted my fiance and told him we are going next year. :D

Thank you for the time and energy you spent on posting this. This is the best review I have ever seen. You and Paul look so happy together and what an awesome start to your marriage.

Stacy,

Congratulations on your marriage. Loved your review and photos. We did a similar cruise last summer and went to the same winery. I loved it. I bought a few bottles to enjoy on the ship and still have the dessert wine and the Muertas (sp?) in my cabinet--holding on to the memories.

Linda

Ha! Love it:)

I got almost all of my dresses at New York and Company (that is where this one is from) and Victoria's Secret (there clothes are available only online). They both have dresses that fit a curvier gal as well as the slim ones:)

I am not sure if you will find the exact dress but they have quite a few simular styles agian this year. Victoria's Secret ships quickly and if it doesn't fit you can get a return label and exchange it or return it.

Happy dress shopping!!!!

I get ALL of my "teacher-clothes" from NY&C... I will have to look for a maxi dress like yours. It's gorgeous!

You and your husband are the cutest couple ever! I really enjoyed your review and pictures. I'll be taking a Mediterranean cruise this year and your review of the ports helped me out a lot. I'm so excited! I LOVE Italian food and think I might need to lose 10 pounds before I go. LOL Great job and thanks for sharing!

Stacy, like many others, I clicked on this just to get an idea of what the Magic was like. Needless to say, I have just spent 2 hours reading your AMAZING review. I have been toying with the idea of taking a cruise to see Italy versus a land based vacation and you have me sold!! I just texted my fiance and told him we are going next year. :D

Thank you for the time and energy you spent on posting this. This is the best review I have ever seen. You and Paul look so happy together and what an awesome start to your marriage.

So glad I could help!!! We debated the same thing and after researching it saw how much money we would save by cruising and it is so much more fun! Next time we will probably stay land based and spend more time in places we loved but it was a great way to get a taste of everything out there.

Enjoy!!!

You and your husband are the cutest couple ever! I really enjoyed your review and pictures. I'll be taking a Mediterranean cruise this year and your review of the ports helped me out a lot. I'm so excited! I LOVE Italian food and think I might need to lose 10 pounds before I go. LOL Great job and thanks for sharing!

That was the best part!!! Love the pic on the horse buy the way:) It makes me want to go to the Carribean right now!

For some reason, the link doesn't let me get to your review. Do you know if CC took it down?

You are here already:) This is the review, it isn't one that you put in formally through the site. Just start at page one and read through it.

Thanks!

Edited by stacycakes1

Lovinggg your review! Do you happen to remember the name of the place you had lunch at? Also, where did you book this Rome transfer or tour? I will be headed there in 2 weeks and waiting 4 hours in line just seems like that would be my whole time alloted in the city lol Even though my ship is docked for 12 hours, the drive to and from the port is 3 hours total which doesn't leave enough time to see everything so would like to make the most out of the day

Now it was FINALLY time for lunch!!! One of the benefits of doing this tour is they take you to a local restaurant for lunch with real authentic food rather than to a really touristy place in the middle of the chaos.

We went to a little place that had a great menu full of many choices. I wanted to celebrate our new friendships and toast the wonderful day we were having with our group by ordering an apetizer for everyone on Paul and I so I asked the waiter to bring an order of Bruscetta for the table to share. Well I had my first lesson in being more specific when ordering in Italy because he didn't bring out one order of bruscetta, he brought out eight bruscettas, one for each person! I almost had a heart attack but Paul said it was no big deal they were very inexpensive. It was a great lesson to learn though!

285528_2315557247908_1218764125_32926228_4818013_n.jpg

Paul and I wanted to try some pasta and pizza so we got both to share. I think this was possibly the best pizza I have ever had. I keep trying to recreate it or someone here in Chicago tells me about a place that has real Italian pizza that is compareable but it never measures up...

283947_2315557727920_1218764125_32926229_5076965_n.jpg

283943_2315558527940_1218764125_32926231_8152446_n.jpg

285587_2315558967951_1218764125_32926232_294654_n.jpg

And of course some vino!!!

284039_2315558047928_1218764125_32926230_8232325_n.jpg

If i continued reading I would answer my own question lol ROME IN LIMO. I'm def. going to look them up

Lovinggg your review! Do you happen to remember the name of the place you had lunch at? Also, where did you book this Rome transfer or tour? I will be headed there in 2 weeks and waiting 4 hours in line just seems like that would be my whole time alloted in the city lol Even though my ship is docked for 12 hours, the drive to and from the port is 3 hours total which doesn't leave enough time to see everything so would like to make the most out of the day

Wow, great review. I just spent the entire afternoon reading it. Glad RIL posted on their facebook page, and I found it.

I have used RIL twice in the past two years in several ports. Great people. I would highly recommend using them to everyone.

I do the same as you in keeping a blog to remember every place, every restaurant, every wine on my trips.

I blog every night from the ship so family and friends can follow along with us our daily experiences.

Enjoyed reading.

Yvette