Carnival Magic review with pictures!!!

stacycakes1

Absoluetly breathtaking!!!!!!

6414_Positano-fototeca9x12-22113006.jpg

After Positano we got back in the car and Diego whisked us away to Amalfi. All of the villages together, including Positano, make up the Amalfi Coast line and Amalfi is the main village. Paul and I decided to go down to the Mediterranean for this stop and put our feet in and relax a bit.

285334_2314553342811_2305800_n.jpg

284036_2314557182907_1218764125_32925118_453023_n.jpg

285007_2314557662919_1218764125_32925120_4416564_n.jpg

282769_2314563663069_1218764125_32925142_4765638_n.jpg

284586_2314561943026_1218764125_32925137_1289090_n.jpg

Your photos of the ports are outstanding! Looks like you're having a great time. What type of camera are you using?

It's the Nikkon Cool Pix! (I think Ashton Kutcher does the commercials for it)

Paul says it's his great eye though that makes the pictures so great (lol).

Thank you for this wonderful review...gorgeous photos. We haven't made it onto our first cruise yet, but you have me dreaming. :p I've never been to Europe but have always wanted to...never thought seeing it via a cruise ship would be the way to do it, but seriously re-thinking that! :)

It's the Nikkon Cool Pix! (I think Ashton Kutcher does the commercials for it)

Paul says it's his great eye though that makes the pictures so great (lol).

One or both of you definately has a great eye for pictures. Oh I bought spices from that same produce stand. The size of those lemons - OMGoodness

283445_2314561103005_1218764125_32925134_5735709_n.jpg

285285_2314561343011_1218764125_32925135_3956608_n.jpg

284757_2314559942976_1218764125_32925128_7582000_n.jpg

285257_2314564143081_1218764125_32925144_2343958_n.jpg

After Amalfi it was time to head home. The boys broke open the limoncello Diego had gotten us and bewteen that and our long amazinf day I was out like a light!

285341_2314575663369_1218764125_32925187_182704_n.jpg

When we got back to the ship we sat out on the balcony for a bit. Here is a shot of our view and the only time we got a look at Naples...

281479_2314576863399_1218764125_32925193_4628498_n.jpg

We were both SOOOO exausted by this day that dinner was taken on the Lido deck and then we went to the spa to relax in the hot tub and then back to the room to shower and go to bed super early. We felt bad that we really hadn't done much on the ship so far but couldn't help take advantage of the ports becaus ethey were once in a lifetime.

I know some of you are disappointed in the lack of ship stuff but it really is a whole different type of cruise when doing an itinerary like this. On other cruises we had so much more time to explore the ship and take naps and try out all of the stuff they offer. This truly is a real account of what we experinced and I hope that is okay. I do promise once again to get to some more Magic stuff on our sea day!

I am loving it the way it is! Your days seem so busy, I don't see how you would have had time for the ship at all! I have read so many reviews and seen pics of the Magic in the Caribbean. This is a nice change.

Keep the posts coming!

I slacked at work today trying to keep up with all your posts. Kept going back to see more!

2/20/2011 Carnival Conquest, Western Caribbean

9/30/2012 Carnival Magic, Western Caribbean

Edited by slm0285

I honestly couldn't care less about pictures of the ship. If they come great, if they don't, that's great too. There are pictures of the Magic all over CC. ZydecoCruiser.net has pictures of every single nook, cranny, spa and pool on the ship.

This review is special. I've yet to see a review of the European itinerary quite like this. I've barely seen a European review period! Your photos are beautiful, I love your style of writing and am thoroughly enjoying your review the way it. Thanks for taking the time to do this and PLEASE, don't feel compelled to change anything.

Edited by TheTravelista

Love your review!

Sorrento looks exactly the way I remember it, I was there 12 years ago in my senior year. Would love to see it again.

Your pictures are amazing, hope when we are on the breeze in June we can take some like yours, at least we have a cool pix too :)

What a remarkable story you are providing us with

Your desire to share your trip as you experienced it with the emphasis where you want to put it in order to convey the satisfaction you guys experienced is much more valuable than any random boat shots

You really have quite a knack for this sort of thing and I hope you have more opportunities as you obviously enjoy doing it

Thanks for the ride along...

Edited by Metacomet

Love your review!

Sorrento looks exactly the way I remember it, I was there 12 years ago in my senior year. Would love to see it again.

Your pictures are amazing, hope when we are on the breeze in June we can take some like yours, at least we have a cool pix too :)

I am really enjoying your review. It is getting me even more in the mood for our Breeze Mediterranean cruise coming up soon.

Don't worry ladies, our turn will be here before you know it!!

Stacey - thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this! It looks like you had such a lovely time :)

I know I keep saying it but thank you to everyone for all of the wonderful comments! I definitely don't plan on changing a thing. I really don't have that many pictures of the ship to change it even if I wanted to (and yes, if you want to see more of the ship zydocruiser has SO MANY great pics of everything to help you out).

I do plan on writing more about what my DH and I thought about the Magic when I get to the part where we actually spent some time on it. I hope that is enough for those of you looking for more on the Magic.

Like I said before, this is a very different type of cruise comparatively and I am posting it how it happened for those who plan on taking this adventure this upcoming year on the breeze. This is truly a review of our trip and not just a ship review.

Once again sorry to those expecting something different!

I know I keep saying it but thank you to everyone for all of the wonderful comments! I definitely don't plan on changing a thing. I really don't have that many pictures of the ship to change it even if I wanted to (and yes, if you want to see more of the ship zydocruiser has SO MANY great pics of everything to help you out).

I do plan on writing more about what my DH and I thought about the Magic when I get to the part where we actually spent some time on it. I hope that is enough for those of you looking for more on the Magic.

Like I said before, this is a very different type of cruise comparatively and I am posting it how it happened for those who plan on taking this adventure this upcoming year on the breeze. This is truly a review of our trip and not just a ship review.

Once again sorry to those expecting something different!

Don't apologize! You're doing a phenomenal job :)

Loving your review Stacy and all the beautiful pictures! I'm going to be booking a cruise for my daughters high school graduation in 2013 and this is giving me some great ideas of what to do and tours to take. Thanks for taking the time to do this!!

Susan

I am only on page one of your review,but I had to stop and let you know I love it already!! I am weirdly in love with the Eiffel Tower (been wanting to go there since I was about 9),so I am really enjoying all the pics you guys took of it!! Already back to reading and thanks for taking the time to do the review:)

Thank you for posting your review. It brought back some great memories from a land trip to Italy that we took back in 1999. I loved your pictures. We visited Rome, Florence and Venice. The Vatican ceilings really impressed me too. Your picture of the hall of maps is great. I've tried to get my husband to agree to have our dining room ceiling in a similar fashion painted but he just shook his head at me. I also really enjoyed seeing the Trevi fountain and making a wish. We ate some gelato from a shop that was on the right side of the Trevi if you are standing looking at it. Their pistachio gelato was the best we had in Italy. We ate at a restaurant near the middle of the Spanish steps. It was a fun trip. Thanks for helping me re-live it.