Greetng from the Grand Princess - Mon 3/19

lovezepplin

On the Grand now. The cruise has been really really nice.

Alfredo's is free. The pizzas are quite good with very generous toppings. They will also accomodate requests to change the toppings, i.e. mix and match so you don't have to stick precisely with the what's on the menu.

Leaves Tea Room and Library is open and there is a charge for the tea. Serving times are listed daily in the patter. We've seen people in there drinking tea every day, however most of the people are in there to use the library for games and reading. The server is there at the times listed.

Did they offer the Wine Packages on the Grand?

On the Grand now. The cruise has been really really nice.

Alfredo's is free. The pizzas are quite good with very generous toppings. They will also accomodate requests to change the toppings, i.e. mix and match so you don't have to stick precisely with the what's on the menu.

Leaves Tea Room and Library is open and there is a charge for the tea. Serving times are listed daily in the patter. We've seen people in there drinking tea every day, however most of the people are in there to use the library for games and reading. The server is there at the times listed.

Thanks for answering my questions and info!:D

:confused:I do have a few more questions I forgot to ask before:

1.) Are the new pillow-top mattress on the beds on the Grand?

2.) Do they serve any pastries/desserts in the Leaves Tea Room? If so do they charge for those. Do you think it would be alright to bring a 'sweet' from the buffet or IC in there to enjoy with my tea?

3.) Concerning the new balcony furniture on the Grand: I have seen photos of the Caribe deck--with those dinky tables on the balconies, but do they have these same tiny tables on all the other non-mini suite decks too?

Thanks!

Monakayk, there is no charge for pizza but you can't take it with you either. The IC has these little cup cakes, a diffetent flavor each day, and they are yummmmmmmy. The library is more opened and is combined with the tea room. Sorry I do not know the cost of the teas since I don't drink it but I will try to get some info for you before Saturday

Curacao is a gem. Only in port until 1:00 as the HAL Westerdam was right behind. There is only one pier that the locals refer to as mega dock so only one ship in port at a time.

Off to find something to eat

lovezepplin,

Thanks for your post and info too.

1.) Are the new pillow-top mattress on the beds on the Grand?

2.) Do they serve any pastries/desserts in the Leaves Tea Room? If so do they charge for those. Do you think it would be alright to bring a 'sweet' from the buffet or IC in there to enjoy with my tea?

3.) Concerning the new balcony furniture on the Grand: I have seen photos of the Caribe deck--with those dinky tables on the balconies, but do they have these same tiny tables on all the other non-mini suite decks too?

Thanks!

1) They have new mattresses (according to the steward) but they are not pillow top. I still had to have a foam topper added for comfort.

2) I just saw them serving tea. I didn't go in. It shouldn't be a problem to take food C into the Library or bars.

3) Yep...the little tables are on all balconies except minis & suites.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but am still trying to get reoriented to life on land. Got back yesterday and it was truly difficult to return to reality.

1) They have new mattresses (according to the steward) but they are not pillow top. I still had to have a foam topper added for comfort.

2) I just saw them serving tea. I didn't go in. It shouldn't be a problem to take food C into the Library or bars.

3) Yep...the little tables are on all balconies except minis & suites.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but am still trying to get reoriented to life on land. Got back yesterday and it was truly difficult to return to reality.

Thanks for this additional info!

BTW...:mad: GRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: to PCL on those dinky/teeny tiny tables!

Very limited pastry, tonight we walked through. 4 small pastries and a Pineapple upside down cake. So you might want to bring your own.

Thanks!

Very limited pastry, tonight we walked through. 4 small pastries and a Pineapple upside down cake. So you might want to bring your own.

Archived