Cabin Selection

Benita

For us on the PG, the room is only a place to bunk. Why would you stay in the cabin when you have all of French Polynesia to see from on deck? Not to mention, all your NEW best friends (right Emdee?)! We only used room service a couple of times when we had an EARLY excursion.

We have been on deck 4 almost all of our sailings. The one time we were on six, we missed the easy access to Reception, the Tour Desk and the Marina.

Jospace: You mentioned you had a balcony cabin on deck 7, were you under the pool or Le Grille, or other?? Any noise issues?? What cabin were you in?? Any problems?? We are booked for deck 7 for June/2013, we live out in the country so we are used to quiet so when we travel we try to find a relatively quiet location if possible. We stayed on the deck below the pool on a Celebrity cruise and we did have the early morning noise of deck lounges being moved so we thought we would try under Le Grille for this cruise, we're just wondering if it could be noisy early morning or late at night. Thanks, GG

Sorry for the delayed response - we stayed in 703 and it was below other cabins on 8. It was dead quiet and peaceful. We would definitely stay in 703 again.

....We have been on deck 4 almost all of our sailings. The one time we were on six, we missed the easy access to Reception, the Tour Desk and the Marina.

The one time we were on deck six, we were in a cabin next to a couple going by "MotuIslander" on Cruise Critic (hello :)) and only got there thanks to a free upgrade.

On our next trip, we will be back on deck three which is where we were on our first PG cruise. Although we enjoyed the balcony, we can't justify the added expense from the non-balcony cabins given how little time we actually spent on the balcony. The savings are enough to go a long way toward another trip on the PG and there are several areas around the ship where one can go and enjoy the scenery.

Isnt it funny that the bulk of the pG repeaters like the 3rd and fourth decks.

Actually its so we can travel more often on PG.

That is exactly why we do it! Plus low and midships is much more stable!

On our current reservation, we didn't even bother doing a GTY. I don't really want to be upgraded.

Hi Motu, We have been assigned 420 for the 10 day June 2013 good cabin?

Hi! We are in the same cabin on the opposite side of the ship in 419. They are exactly the same.

If this were a '3rd person in cabin sails free' sailings, I would recommend starboard over port as those ending in 6 and 8 are setup for three passengers. For our sailing, they should be fine (chances are, they would be fine regardless).

As I am sure you have read, I really don't worry too much about cabins as we only sleep there. For that reason, I like the lower decks better.

Archived