Nachi or Mr. Santos

alexieb

We've been to Nachi once and enjoyed it, but I have just read loads of great reviews on trip advisor about Mr. Santos now that they'be done their renovations.

So I am wondering what your opinions are. We will be cruising there on the Liberty in May.

I wish I had a recent review, but if they got better since my visit in 2010, then that's saying a lot. I had been to Nachi the year before and Mr. Sanchos beat them hands down. IMO the main attraction to Nachi is the following here on CC, not stepping out of the box.

Go for it:)

We were at Nachi the first week of Nov. and had an excellent day. Enjoyed our lunch and as many beers as I wanted. However, read a thread just today complaining NC has gone downhill in the past 6-12 months. Only red-flags from the thread were complaints about watered-down drinks along with complaints hot-tub not up to snuff. I had bottled beer so the drinks could be an issue. Mr Sancho's has the water toys and is a little more hoppin' so its a toss-up. I liked NC but I'll have to decide what to do before Dec.

When we were in Cozumel in Feb. we went to Nachi for the first time and loved it. Very laid back and quiet and beautiful. Our waiter was awesome and the food delicious. We could look down the beach at Mr. Santos and also looked very nice but was packed with people.

I've chosen Mr. Sanchos for my cruise coming up.

I read lots about both Nachi and Mr. Sanchos before making my decision. Nachi was the IN AI for a while on CC. I thought hands down thats where I wanted to go. The recent reviews have been less than stellar. I can't even count how many times I've seen the word "downhill" in reference to Nachi. The photos of the beach area are beautiful and serene but a bit boring for me...Mr. Sanchos looks lively, gorgeous and fun. Also one of the main attractions of Nachi is that they only allow 100 people in daily and its quiet and relaxing, which sounded nice to me at first but I realized I wanted a more fun, lively crowd.

Also I thought Nachi was adults only? Recently I've read many people talking about how much their kids enjoyed it? Has this changed? Doesn't matter to me either way, I'm just curious.

Anyway, I'm excited about going to Mr Sanchos. The reviews from here and Trip Advisor really solidified the decision for me.

I've chosen Mr. Sanchos for my cruise coming up.

I read lots about both Nachi and Mr. Sanchos before making my decision. Nachi was the IN AI for a while on CC. I thought hands down thats where I wanted to go. The recent reviews have been less than stellar. I can't even count how many times I've seen the word "downhill" in reference to Nachi. The photos of the beach area are beautiful and serene but a bit boring for me...Mr. Sanchos looks lively, gorgeous and fun. Also one of the main attractions of Nachi is that they only allow 100 people in daily and its quiet and relaxing, which sounded nice to me at first but I realized I wanted a more fun, lively crowd.

Also I thought Nachi was adults only? Recently I've read many people talking about how much their kids enjoyed it? Has this changed? Doesn't matter to me either way, I'm just curious.

Anyway, I'm excited about going to Mr Sanchos. The reviews from here and Trip Advisor really solidified the decision for me.

It's not adult only because last time I brought my them 3 yr old son.

DW and I went to NC this last January and had a great time. The food was great! They only allow 100 people a day and It is a little more laid back that Mr. Sanchos. If you want more water toys go to Mr Sanchos. Nachi has some and also has other things to do. We chose to go para sailing (our bucket list) and had a wonderful time and definitely got our moneys worth. The drinks were plentiful and definitely NOT watered down! You can also go to the bar either in the pool or walk up and have what ever you want. We had several generous shots of top shelf tequila. I cannot speak about the hot tub because I never got in, but there was always someone in it. The beach was beautiful and we all got beach lounges and had the little thatched hickeys to sit under. I enjoyed it greatly.

We went to Mr. Sancho's this time last year. It was not crowded at all, I would say less than 100 people were there, the AI area wasn't packed at all. We had a nice table under an umbrella and there were plenty of loungers available if we wanted to use them and get some sun. Our group of 4 pretty much stayed in our seats the entire time, ordering drink after drink. They were not watered down! We got several food items also and everyone loved everything. Our waiter ran his butt of for us and did a great job. The only thing negative (not really a negative) was that after quite a few drinks I decided to buy a water toy pass...but even though I consider myself in decent shape...I could only pull myself up onto ONE of the small water trampolines. The rest of the time I just kept struggling and falling. NOT worth the money and definetly frustrating and not fun! lol anyway I highly recommend visiting there.

We just got back from our Legend cruise on Sunday and we went to Nachi Cocum last week and we loved it. The service was great, the food was really good and we really liked the beach. My DH took out the jet ski and had a blast. The water and beach were clean and clear. I haven't been to Mr Sanchos but we were very happy with NC.

We were at Mr. Sanchos in Jan. I really liked it and the service was great.

We have been to Nachi, paradise and a couple other beaches. We are still trying to decide what our favorite is. Our goal is to try all the area beaches.

To me I do not think you can go wrong with any choice you make.

Haven't been to Mr Sanchos. Never a reason as NC is probably one of our all time favorite places to spend a cruise day. We have been there 5 times over a five year period and consistency has been the key. It's almost like you never left. Service, food and beverage always solidly good. Adults only? Not in our experience. Always lot's of families.

If you are looking for loud music, partying and tons of activities NC won't be for you. If you are looking for a great beach, peaceful surroundings, great food and never ending top shelf bevs then NC will be your pick.

i think it starts at page 6, we have a couple pics from mr sanchos from our oct 2010 cruise. we had a great relaxing day. ate, drank (all inclusive) had a massage (reasonably priced) we can't wait to do it again one day.

We went to Mr. Sanchos in November and we LOVED IT!!! We bought the AI passes (online, saved $5) and were practically the only 3 there, I think there were just two other couples on the AI side. The place is beautiful, beautiful new swimup pool, loungers, beds, and hammocks as well as Palapas for shade at the tables and loungers at the beach. Our waiter was very attentive, continually bringing us drinks, and the food, AMAZING, we must've had 3 plates of coconut shrimp each!!

Basically, I think what it boils down to is if you want peace and quiet and solitude, go to Nachi. If you have kids (or yourselves) that want to jump around on water toys, play vollyball in the sea, snorkel, or kayak, definately go to Mr. Sanchos!!

It's all perception...

If you haven't been to NC before, what is your baseline to consider a downhill experience.

We have 2 kids under 4, so we will do NC until they are old enough to do the "toys."

Bottom line, peoples experiecnes will be different, bc their point of view is different. Will you have a great day at iether place? Absolutly, that's what they are in the busines to do.

My Dollars vote for Nachi in May, reason, we want a quiet more adult experience. Mr Sanchos looks like a great place for kids and adults to play. I hoping for a QUIET day on the beach. Therefore Mr Sanchos looks like complete trainwreck to me.

My Dollars vote for Nachi in May, reason, we want a quiet more adult experience. Mr Sanchos looks like a great place for kids and adults to play. I hoping for a QUIET day on the beach. Therefore Mr Sanchos looks like complete trainwreck to me.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on here.

We went to Mr. Sanchos a few weeks ago and it was amazing. There were very few kids and only one group of young ladies that had a bit too much to drink. There was hardly anyone in the AI pool so we essentially had our bar tender to ourselves the entire time. The cabanas are free (first come first serve) and are a nice escape from the sun/heat if it's really hot.

While the drinks we're flowing plentifully, we had a great relaxing day and met some fellow cruisers who we hung out with the rest of the cruise. We have a lot of pictures from the AI side in our Liberty review so feel free to check out (link is in my sig).

It's all perception...

If you haven't been to NC before, what is your baseline to consider a downhill experience.

We have 2 kids under 4, so we will do NC until they are old enough to do the "toys."

Bottom line, peoples experiecnes will be different, bc their point of view is different. Will you have a great day at iether place? Absolutly, that's what they are in the busines to do.

Good point. We went to NC based on so many great reviews. We had a great, laid-back beach day. One of the "downhill" posts I read complained about the weeds in the unkempt parking area. Do we really care what a parking lot in Mexico looks like? Watered-down drinks is a real red-flag complaint for an AI but really shouldn't be an issue if they give you free shots, too. Just order a shot with every drink if you need that much booze. APrime23, you'll probably love NC just like we did. Ask for Carlos, he gets all the best reviews for great service.

I've never been to Mr. Sanchos, but I was at Nachi in January and it was amazing. A few years ago, i went to Playa Mia, which is another AI on the same stretch of beach as Nachi and although it was a nice day and had all the beach toys/ drinks/food/pool/ etc...it was more of a party atmosphere. I personally prefer the laid back quiet beauty of the ocean and not the rowdy scene. I'm not saying that Sanchos is rowdy, again, i haven't been there, but i'm sure it's similar to Playa Mia in the atmosphere of music and fun. Nothing wrong with that in the least, but just not my personal preference.

I think that's what it comes down to---what is your preference? The beauty of the beach is the same. it's on the same stretch of sand. a pool is a pool/ a swim up bar is a swim up bar/ a hot tub is a hot tub. I enjoyed being on a beach with just a handful of people and not a mini mob.

Since i'd never been to nachi before, i don't know how much it has run down since the good ol' days, but it looked amazing to me and i didn't notice anything in disrepair or obviously in need of work (save the parking lot which as stated above...who cares)

anyway, that's my .02

I've been to both many times the past two years and I prefer Mr. Sanchos:

I have been to Nachi over 8 times in the past two years and I can verify that, IMHO, it has gone downhill, service-wise, not property-wise. It's the liquor... they consistently and conveniently "ran out" of white tequila and only had the stuff that would clean my car's engine. The other drinks were very tasty but also very watered down. The food is good.

The people are still awesome and fantastic but have slowed the service so much that we had to walk to the bar to get refills about 75% of the time. And the property only had about 50 people. We all thought that the servers were told to slow it down. I say all of this sadly because I was Nachi's biggest fan. They even know our group by name every time we arrived.

But, if you are looking for a quiet side of paradise..... go to Nachi.

Mr. Sanchos is where we have switched to the past three visits. It is more lively. My hubby likes that it is all you can eat (which Nachi is not... we have tried and were denied many times) to help prevent drunkenness. ;) There are more options for food and booze choices at Mr. Sanchos.

As far as kids and toys, we always bring some water & beach toys so either property works for my son. There tends to be more kiddos at Mr. Sanchos for him to play with. Mr. Sanchos has an optional waterpark (trampolines, iceberg thingy etc). If your kids are too young or don't want to play in that area, don't pay for that portion.

I *believe* that Mr. Sanchos is a bit less expensive if you reserve online in advance.

Either place will still be a better day than at work.

We have been to Nachi twice in the past and on our Nov 11 cruise decided to go with Mr. Sanchos and had a BLAST!!!! Would totally recommend it! My Dad did the all inclusive and LOVED it, while we opted to do the cooking class which was soooooo much fun not to mention Delicious! Then afterwards we did the horseback riding which was a lot of fun as well. We were totally happy that we decided to switch it up, plus it gave us a chance to go somewhere as a group and all experience different things within the same beach club, I highly recommend trying it out!:D

How does Mr. Sanchos compare to Paradise Beach as far as water toys, beach quality(I know paradise beach has some rocks off their beach), and food?

I haven't been to Mr. Sanchos but I have been to Nachi Cocum and Paradise Beach. I actually liked Paradise Beach Better. The food at Paradise beach was better than at NC.

The pool was nicer. There is no hot tub at paradise beach, but the NC hot tub is barely warm. The drinks at NC did seem to be watered down from what I remember. No such issues at paradise beach.

Archived