Viking Air Booking

chef1943

I have booked my River Cruise with Viking which includes Air which they will arrange. Has anybody had any troble with Viking Booking the air, or, should I Pay to upgrade to Custom Air to better control our flight arrangments?

Here is the link to the Christopher Elliott column mentioned above:

http://www.elliott.org/blog/did-viking-offer-enough-for-my-missed-connection/

Here is the link to a previous post with some discussions regarding the column:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1598072

I am scheduled for my first river cruise this May with Avalon. We booked out air through Avalon because their flights were a better price than I could do on my own. That being said however, I worked with a travel agent and we had our choice of flights to book and picked the ones that worked best for us.

We have not taken our cruise yet (October 2012 - Grand European Tour) but we purchased the custom air option and as far as we can tell at this point, it seems to be worth it. We were able to select flights that worked for us. Time will tell for us but I'd go for it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This was my first river cruise, and we used Viking Air, but we did pay the extra to be able to choose our own flights. It will be nice to have non-stop coming and going. :) Also, in talking with the Viking Air agent, who was very nice, my TA was on the phone as well, to offer her assistance if it was needed. So I felt very comfortable with the process.

Archived