Eclipse S1s 2151 and 2146

jaspersmommy

I’m currently booked in an S2 (1665) for a Southern Caribibean cruise in April 2013. I’ve decided to switch to an S1. I’m leaning toward 9374, but 2151 and 2146 on the Resort Deck are also both open. I’m thinking that either 2151 or 2146 would be very convenient for the pool, spa, etc. However, I’m worried about the two things: noise from the Oceanview bar/café above, and the large overhang above these suites.

I’ve checked the sticky about Solstice-class cabins and I’m no further ahead. The Eclipse reviews on these staterooms are not too bad. The review on 2151 on Solstice is awful. So I’m wondering if anyone has stayed in either 2151 or 2146 on Eclipse recently. If so, can you answer the following:

1) Was there any noise from above? If so, was it frequent and how bad was it?

2) Did the large overhang spoil the deck experience for you? I haven’t done a Caribbean cruise before, so I don’t know if the full shade would be a blessing or a bad thing. Opinions?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I've had 2146 on Eclipse, Equinox, and Solstice as well as other suite cabins.. The noise was never an issue for us from the outdoor oceanview seating from above. Yes you could hear the guitarist in the late afternoon playing at the bar if you had the balcony door open. We had no problem with chair scraping above us. Sometimes on the balcony, you could hear the people talking if it was a boisterous crowd. We have cruised the Caribbean and the Med in these cabins. Yes, it is shaded, but it was great on extremely sunny days and on rainy days. If I wanted to sit out there in the full sun, it would only be a limited portion of the deck for use. This S1 has a bigger balcony than the lower Deck S1's, and the room feels spacious.

The overhang did not bother us at all, and I would definitely book it again.

If we wanted to get several hours of sun a day- we just went to the pool. It is a long walk to the elevators, but with all the food and drink choices, that was definitely not a bad thing:D

The corner aft S1's are great if they are at a price point that you like.

Have a great cruise.

Hi,

Although we have not stayed in the S1's on the Resort Deck...we have stayed in C1's 2157 and 2152...so can provide some feedback.

I for one LOVED the complete overhang....I used to be a sun-worshiper, but no longer...so the vast amount of shade through most of the day was perfect !...and as kk99 said, on extremely HOT days, or rainy days, that overhang was a blessing !

As far as noise from chairs etc above...I never heard it...but that being said, I am an early riser and was up and in the gym in the early morning...My wife on the other hand is a light and late sleeper, and she sometimes would hear some noise from above. It was never a real bother...and never completely interrupted her sleep or relaxing. During the day/evening hours we never noticed it at all.

Enjoy !

Woody

We stayed in 7356 (Aft S1), just like 9374. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Ok, so the hike to the elevators was just a tick long but the stateroom made up for it big time.

Luved the "wrap around balcony" & the large porthole window. All around the room felt much larger than described.

Hi stayed in 9374 FANTASTIC so quiet as you have big space before entering your cabin so no noise from people passing in the corridor would love to stay in S1 again but prices far too much this year almost double what we paid two years ago

have great holiday

Catherine

We were in 2151 on Eclipse. We enjoyed the room. There was some noise from above, but not extreme. And, it wasn't very far from the waffles. ;)

Come to think of it 2151 is just underneath the aft part of Oceanview Cafe AND those waffles are made right behind the Oceanview Bar. In a calm wind you could probably smell them cookin. :D

Come to think of it 2151 is just underneath the aft part of Oceanview Cafe AND those waffles are made right behind the Oceanview Bar. In a calm wind you could probably smell them cookin. :D

Absolutely! :)

Archived