What's the likelihood

So we have booked an outside view room on an 8 night cruise to Bermuda on Enchantment from Baltimore this June for $889 per person (resident rate). This is a decent deal but we're REALLY hoping the prices on a balcony or junior suite drop so we can upgrade. Right now, prices haven't moved since we booked 2 weeks ago, and a balcony is sitting at $1449 (resident rate) and a JS is sitting at $1699 (resident rate). We're really hoping that a balcony room falls to ~1200 to make it affordable for us to get a balcony room after final payment is due. What do you think the likelihood is of that? We will likely be getting engaged slightly before or on (!) the cruise so I want to make sure its extra special...

ETA -- is not having a balcony really that bad? We both tend to keep to ourselves more than socialize and although we will surely spend time up on deck it would be nice to just have some downtime in the room, too....

So we have booked an outside view room on an 8 night cruise to Bermuda on Enchantment from Baltimore this June for $889 per person (resident rate). This is a decent deal but we're REALLY hoping the prices on a balcony or junior suite drop so we can upgrade. Right now, prices haven't moved since we booked 2 weeks ago, and a balcony is sitting at $1449 (resident rate) and a JS is sitting at $1699 (resident rate). We're really hoping that a balcony room falls to ~1200 to make it affordable for us to get a balcony room after final payment is due. What do you think the likelihood is of that? We will likely be getting engaged slightly before or on (!) the cruise so I want to make sure its extra special...

ETA -- is not having a balcony really that bad? We both tend to keep to ourselves more than socialize and although we will surely spend time up on deck it would be nice to just have some downtime in the room, too....

Considering that the summer and school vacation months are the highest priced I would not count on it. It just depends how the cruise is selling. We cruised last year on thr Dawn from Boston to Bermuda and went from a oceanview to a mini suite for just 50.00 more, however that was in September. Hopefully it will happen for you. :)

The likelihood of a price drop for a balcony cabin on a cruise to Bermuda in June is very small. You are taking a cruise during peak season to a very popular destination. Keep watching the prices just in case, but I think you will find that the prices will be moving upward as the sailing date comes closer. Prices reflect supply and demand and in June the demand will pretty much equal or exceed the supply.:)

Schools around here (DC, MD, PA etc) don't get out this year til mid/later June. If you are going early June you may be more in luck for a drop (also make sure to check for residency discounts). Balcony or not really depends on you. With a lot of sea days, I want a balcony more than a port intensive itinerary. Keep a look out and hope for a drop. Enjoy your cruise with whatever you end up with.

Where I live school is out in mid May. Cruises in June will most likely be filled with families that wait to take a vacation when school is out. Prices could drop but probably not at that time of year.

I have a cruise booked for June and prices have only increased since I booked.

I'm sure you will have a great time anyway. Keep watching the rates...you may get lucky.

Looking at the availability of balcony cabins and suites on both June Bermuda sailings out of Baltimore, I would have to say your chances of a price drop are almost Nil. Both sailings look almost full and with more than 2 months until sailing, I would expect it will sell out. Sorry. :(

I've been on 12 cruises and only had a balcony once. For me, it's nice but really not a difference as I spend little time in my room. As long as I can look out and see water, I am happy.

However on my Med cruise from Rome this June, after months and months of watching the price stay high, it finally dropped and I got upgraded to a balcony on the hump. Nice for me.

Don't ever give up, keep checking every day. If I had not accidentally read a post about the one weekend rate drop, I never would have caught it. It never dropped like that again, except for new bookings. Be vigilant because you never know.

Slim to none and slim just left town, sorry...K.O. near Philly

Archived