Spa packages on the Westerdam

Charlie'sPet

I'll be going on my first cruise with my mom to Alaska in May. Her birthday is a month before we set sail and my sisters and I want to get her a spa package she can use while on board. Do you know the best way to go about doing this?

Any recommendations on the best services?

My husband and I cruised the Westerdam last May. Upon embarkation, we immediately walked over to the Spa and booked the week for the both of us. They are also giving tours at that time so this would also be a good time for her to see what is being offered.

We'll be on the Westerdam to Alaska in September

Go to the HAL main page. On the top right, click "Before you go" then select "Book shore excursions, spa and indulgences". Have your booking number ready to sign in. Click on the spa tab. There will be pdf to download that will have all the details of various packages. once you select what you want, click back on the spa tab and click book. you can book the package you want for the specific guest, the day and time range you want. you can also book shore excursions, make pinnacle reservations, and under "indulgences" order drink cards, alcohol for you cabin, snacks like hors d'ouevers and chocolate dipped strawberries, flowers and balloons etc. Be sure to check it all out :)

oh, another tip, the HAL website is horribly unfriendly to ipad users. I have a very difficult time clicking the "book shore excursions, spa, ad indulgences" or "my account" under the "before you go" pull down menu. The screen changes too fast before you can actually click on one. I have to get on my laptop with a mouse to use these pull down menus.

Is your mom a spa person? Does she do the mani/pedi, massage thing? or aren't you sure. You can also get her OBC that she can use as she wishes. Personally, I would prefer to pick my own spa indulgences, rather than have someone else pick them and make my appointments. Just my thoughts -- as a Mom.

Elaine

The Spa reduces many of its prices at embarkation. On port days, there are specials. Definitely decide what you want before you go. We've saved money and had no problem booking once onboard. Make the spa one of your first stops if you choose to buy services onboard.

Is your mom a spa person? Does she do the mani/pedi, massage thing? or aren't you sure. You can also get her OBC that she can use as she wishes. Personally, I would prefer to pick my own spa indulgences, rather than have someone else pick them and make my appointments. Just my thoughts -- as a Mom.

Elaine

My mom usually gets her nails done before leaving on vacation so we were thinking more along the lines of a massage of some sort. But I could definitely take her to the spa on embarkation day and she could decide on what she wants. :)

Wait and see what she wants, but do consider the Thermal Suite. On an Alaskan Cruise that would be welcomed.

I just purchased it on the Westerdam last week and it was $200 for 2 people, unlimited use. Lovely and quiet and warm and pampering. We went at least once every day; we figure we used it about 10 hours each over the week. That works out to $10 an hour for some great amenities.

You can pre-purchase on-board credit, so if you want to space out how you spend your money, buy some OBC. I pre-paid for the thermal suite ($250) and they sold it day one for $199 and they credited me the difference without my doing anything. Pretty good system. But next time, I will simply buy on-board credit for us, so I can pre-pay for tips, etc. in my budget.

Have a great time!

Archived