Seattle Hotels

DragonMouse

We're going to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise in July 2012. We'll get there a couple of days early to explore Seattle.

Where to stay? I'd like a pool but I don't want to pay $200 for a room. I'm trying to budget maybe $100 and not more than $150.

Also...cars...do I get one or not?

We used the Seattle Ports of Call forum for researching hotels in Seattle, and it was extremely helpful.

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown a couple of years ago, and I believe we paid $150.00 for the room.

There is absolutely no need for a car in Seattle - they have one of the best transit systems in the nation, and everything is walkable in the Downtown area. Ride from Sea-Tac to our hotel ran us around $40.00, and we paid $25.00 from our hotel to the cruise port a couple of days later.

If you're a foodie, DO NOT miss the Savoring Seattle Walking Tour - 3 hours of the most incredible eats in Seattle, including Pike Place Market and a bunch of hidden gems as well!

We stayed at the Mayflower Park which is probably in one of THE BEST locations in Seattle. It's a boutique hotel...so it's a little older and a little smaller...but it's beautiful. We walked everywhere...it's just a few blocks from Pike Place, the rail from the airport, the monorail to the space needle, and lots of restaurants and shopping near by.

Regardless of where you stay, please do yourself a favor and google Savor Seattle Tours and take a tasting tour of the market. It was the highlight of our 3-day stay in Seattle before we left for Alaska. Fun...informative & delicious!

Hmmm...Savor Seattle. I'm going to have to check that out. I checked into what I "THINK" is the right Courtyard Marriott...quite reasonable. I'll have to check out Mayflower Park...sounds interesting.

Hotwire is just not working well. Hotels.com gives me a bit of an idea...But there are so many choices and not always "accurate"...all of them under $200 have a lot "negative" reports...makes me wonder what people are expecting out of a hotel...I'm figuring a lot of these people would not like some of the hotels I thought were perfectly fine. I'm going 3 days early to see "Seattle" anyway...I would like a pool and hot tub to relax in and have a few drinky's :D

Keep those ideas a-rolling...

I'm checking them all out. I can't get to El Gaucho for some reason...but maybe the sites just down. Red Lion looks nice but expensive.

So far the winner price-wise appears to be the Marriott. But please keep sending ideas. So many of these were not listed on Hotels.com. I will check out every idea. It's interesting finding out all the different hotels.:)

We used Residence Inn, Lake Union, last September. I think it was about $130.00 and it was absolutely fabulous. The water front hotels were much more expensive. You can get anywhere you want on at a resonable price on the their trolly system.

I live in Portland and visit Seattle a couple times a year for fun. I highly recommend staying at the Silver Cloud Lake Union hotel. We stayed there last year. Our room was big and had a nice view of the lake and the Space Needle. It also included free parking and a free breakfast which was quite good. Lastly, it has a free shuttle that takes you to one of three key points throughout the city: Pike's Market, Pioneer Square or the Space Needle. Both Pioneer Square and Pike's Market are good central downtown locations. You just have to call when you are ready to head back to the hotel and the van comes and picks you up again. These locations are all within a 5-10 shuttle ride from the hotel so although it is not right in downtown, it is still very close. It was a great way to see the city without having to pay tons of cab fares. I know that Silver Cloud also has 2 other downtown locations: Broadway and Stadium. I believe they both also offer shuttle service although I'm not sure about the breakfast.

This June for pre and post we took the Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown. Booked through hotels.com that way its already paid for and out of the way. Booked shuttle service to and from airport and paid that as well, now just need a taxi from hotel to ship.

We stayed at the Vintage Park hotel and absolutely loved it. It doesn't have a pool, but it does have free wine nightly as they recommend Washington State wines.

It is within walking distance of Pike Market and because it's a boutique hotel, all rooms are different. If we went to Alaska again, we would definitely stay there.

Excellent hotels. What I have learned is don't always depend on "Hotels.com". It's a good starting point but not ALWAYS perfectly accurate or necessarily the lowest rate...Sometimes Hotels.com adds for a third person (child) when the hotel's site does not. My advice always shop around. I tried Hotwire too...had a fairly good idea on the hotels offered but they were rather pricey.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on HAL Westerdam 7-day Alaska May 19-26. We are staying at Four Points By Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center 601 Roy St Seattle, WA 98109 With our AAA Discount it's a total of $134. There is a QFC 24-hr supermarket just a block away to pick up your wine, soda, etc.:)

Great ideas...I think I have a winner...It's weird how so many hotels don't have pools...not that it's that important but after a long day of touring it's so nice to sit and enjoy a drink in the hot tub.

The NW isn't a pool/ hot tub place. The weather is rainy/cold/overcast all year except for part of July and August.

Archived