Sunset View Cabins

shofer

Has anyone booked one of these on the new "S" class ships? I read somewhere on this board there were several complaints about soot and noise in these cabins. Is this the case with these. DH really wants to book one of these.

Sue

We weren't in a sunset veranda cabin but we were in a C1 aft on the Eclipse. We did not have an issue at all with soot and our cabin was very quiet. The view of the wake was so beautiful. Aft will always be our first choice from now on. mysticks1 put together a wonderful spreadsheet of cabins on the S class ships. There is a sticky at the top of the Celebrity forum for it. You can look up specific cabins and read other passengers experiences. Have a great holiday, whatever cabin you end up chosing. :)

We just sailed on Celebrity Solstice 2 weeks ago to Eastern Caribbean and had a sunset veranda cabin. We loved it. The view out over the wake is lovely, especially at night when lights illuminate it, and we also enjoyed being able to hear the sound of the wake at night when sleeping. Our veranda had only a small amount of soot on the floor, right near the railing, when we first left port... which was quickly washed away by ship's crew that evening, and a couple of times daily after that. We never noticed any soot buildup on the furnishings or decking of our veranda- and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the aft cabins. Unfortunately, we didn't have lovely sunsets on our cruise due to overcast in our sail area most days, but I'm sure they are spectacular when skies are clear. There was no disturbing noise of any kind in our cabin area - either from the ships engines or equipment below us, or from other cabins or restaurants above us. We'd definately not hesitate to book an aft cabin again! The only real disadvantage has to do with the overall placement on the ship- there is a lot of walking back and forth to the stairways and elevators... but considering how much we ate that week we needed the exercise!

We had an SV on the Equinox. We loved looking at the wake. There was a little vibration as there is with all aft cabins. We did have a little soot on our balcony. One day the cabin attendant left us a note warning us that they would be cleaning the baloney the next day.

We sailed on the Eclipse Feb 18..deck 7..and our group had 5 Sunset veranda cabins plus several other regular balcony cabins. Those of us on the back had our partitions open which made for a better view and more sharing time. The views were great, there was a very little soot which was promptly cleaned. Probably the thing I noticed most was the "hot deck" on my bare feet..but today I am wishing I was back there. The only deterrent was the looooonnnng walk from the elevator, because we are used to midship cabins. All in all...we are happy we did it.

We had a sunset veranda on the solstice and LOVED IT! :D

You have a million dollar view, in ports you are the only cabins that can see both sides of the ship, a very nice plus.

Soot happens, lol, but it is very minor - DO NOT base your decision on this minor issue. Noise and vibration were only apparent when docking. It is a longer walk to everything. Also the sun can be very hot if it is late afternoon and you are heading east.

But the view trumps all the rest, the bottom line is, I advise you to go for it!

There are plus and minus to every decision on your trip, but these cabins are "special" and you will not regret it. I recommend deck 7 or above if possible, the view is slightly better than deck 6.

Archived