Rsvp 2013

sej67

Should RSVP ever get into that market, we will stay home. The Caribbean Princess was not our style.

I actually liked the Caribbean Princess! Now there were only about 2,500 people on a ship with a capacity of over 3,000 passengers and it may be more crowded at full capacity, but I liked the variety of pools, the party location etc.

The Caribbean Princess was our first cruise ship and we did get on with the 2-for-1 special, but it got us hooked.

Both Atlantis and RSVP are sailing next February and I am kind of torn between the two. Although I have never sailed with RSVP, I have done Atlantis cruises and although I had a good time, I figure I may be a closer match with the RSVP cruise.

I find the Caribbean ports that Atlantis is going to more appealing than NOLA and Key West, but I am concerned that the winter Atlantis cruise may be more of a party than I am quite ready for?

Suggestions?

If its late summer......

I sailed to Alaska in 2002 the second week of september on the Radisson Navigator...the weather was perfect. Sunny, warm, and only one day with rain. The rainy day turned out to me probably the best as I took a kayack tour up a small river to a blue glacier. The only sound was the rain, the water was still and the water was filled with chunks of broken ice. The experience was mystical.....

For comments made on the size of these ships....I agree. Smaller is better ( not being a size queen):D But smaller ships are becoming very rare. I was fortunate enough to have sailed RSVP back when the small ships were available, even if they were buckets like the Odysseus or the nasty Regent Spirit. But the experience was like being in gay camp........everyone could fit into the show lounge for the evenings activities. That was when they had costume contest.......and pool games where everyone watched. You really got to meet more people and enjoy the fellow passengers and not the ships diversions.

Maybe Azamara (used previously by Atlantis) could be used by RSVP.

This is one time smaller is better........:cool:

So I will wait to see what the 2013 schedule brings (currently boked on the maiden crossing of the Breakaway on April 30th 2013.......so a late summer RSVP or even fall cruise would suit me just fine. I'd even go back to Hawaii!

To all the nice guys I have met through RSVP......happy sailing this year!

Tom

Patrick, I think the crowd on the February cruise is going to be more mixed than previous years as Atlantis is only offering one Caribbean cruise next year. The March cruise tended to attract a more mature audience. We are preliminarily booked on is cruise, and a bonus of an extra day is great. I wonder why RCL allowed such modification to regular itinerary? Drydock coming up?

If its late summer......

I sailed to Alaska in 2002 the second week of september on the Radisson Navigator...the weather was perfect. Sunny, warm, and only one day with rain. Tom

From what I have read about experiences in Alaska weather-wise it can be warm/dry/cold/wet at any time, there is no consistency or predictability.

The Nieuw Amsterdam didn't sail full for RSVP in February either. I'm not at home right now, but I think the cruise log showed it to be around 200 under capacity.

158 under capacity. I am guessing they still made money.

158 under capacity. I am guessing they still made money.

As a contract employee of RSVP, I have to get a little defensive here. You're making it sound like we weren't full. ANY penalties assessed to RSVP are based on empty CABINS, not lack of capacity. While we may have been under capacity, that only means that there weren't the MAXIMUM number of people in every room. Some people had their own rooms, some rooms built for 3 people only had two, etc.

There is enough crap going around out here about BOTH companies, let's not make it any worse. :)

Respectfully,

Paul J. Williams

As a contract employee of RSVP, I have to get a little defensive here.

There is enough crap going around out here about BOTH companies, let's not make it any worse. :)

Respectfully,

Paul J. Williams

No need to get defensive Sister. Most of us here have been on enough RSVP cruises to understand what is going on. I was just quoting numbers from the cruise log.

Well I was hoping to go with RSVP in 2013, but the Atlantis Caribbean destinations (St. Maarten, St. Kitts) won out over NOLA and Key West. Coming from Toronto I am looking to go somewhere hot in February!

It will be HOT in NOLA on Fat Tuesday. :D:D

• 3 months later...

I received an e-mail from my TA a couple of days ago that the itinerary has been changed to Aruba/Curacao, we're still on board for that since we're in Florida that time of year to leave anyway, just wonder what gives?

I received an e-mail from my TA a couple of days ago that the itinerary has been changed to Aruba/Curacao, we're still on board for that since we're in Florida that time of year to leave anyway, just wonder what gives?

Plain and simple. New Orleans just was not selling. That ship should have been half filled after the February 2012 cruise. No improvement after Europe. Hopefully, Mardi Gras in Curacao can salvage the cruise with six months left to sell it.

Our travel agent sent an e-mail the other day saying the itinerary had been changed from NOLA/Key West to:

9 Feb Depart Ft. Lauderdale 5pm

10 Feb at sea

11 Feb at sea

12 Feb Curacao 8am - 1am Feb 13

13 Feb Aruba 8am - 4pm

14 Feb at sea

15 Feb Half Moon Cay 9am - 4pm

16 Feb Ft. Lauderdale 7am

We haven't heard anything from RSVP confirming this.

For anyone flying out of SFO, Virgin America has direct flights to FLL.

The fare I got was lower than Southwest but a bit higher than United. It's worth it for a direct flight IMHO.

Virgin is awesome! I used to take the red eye to avoid the hotel stay, but I found I arrived just too tired for the first day onboard. I usually wait for a Fare Sale - the last couple of years I spent about $125 each way for Virgin, and about the same for JetBlue which also has SFO to FLL service (I love having inflight satellite tv, and I could not imagine taking a trip that long on SWA)

Virgin is awesome! I used to take the red eye to avoid the hotel stay, but I found I arrived just too tired for the first day onboard. I usually wait for a Fare Sale - the last couple of years I spent about $125 each way for Virgin, and about the same for JetBlue which also has SFO to FLL service (I love having inflight satellite tv, and I could not imagine taking a trip that long on SWA)

Virgin is the only way to fly. However, I wish they had a larger route network.

Archived