Looking at booking the Breeze 1/13/13-hotels crazy prices?

cruzlovr75

Why are the hotel prices outrageously high in Miami?

The airport we would fly with only goes into and out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Can someone tell me an affordable hotel with a restaraunt near it to stay at for a night in Ft. Lauderdale and then a shuttle service to use the day of the cruise and return to airport? Thank you.

The prices are what they are due to January being high season in Florida. Read down the board for lots of comments on getting from FLL to port of Miami, and back, as that question is asked every day here.

As for hotels, there are many recommendations here. An even better spot to look is Cruise Critic's sister board, TripAdvisor, which specializes in hotels, and offers ways to narrow your search.

Why are the hotel prices outrageously high in Miami?

The airport we would fly with only goes into and out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Can someone tell me an affordable hotel with a restaraunt near it to stay at for a night in Ft. Lauderdale and then a shuttle service to use the day of the cruise and return to airport? Thank you.

It's a holiday weekend in peak season.

Try the Sleep Inn & Suites http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

and also the Best Western on Stirling. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/FL/Dania-Beach-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Fort-Lauderdale-Airport-South-Inn---Suites/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=10370

They both seem to be clean-decent hotels that also offer airport shuttles, free breakfast and resonable room rates.

SAS and Quality Shuttle seems to be popular on these boards. I think SAS is $15 pp from a FLL hotel to the port in Miami. It is $13 pp if you have

3 or more passengers.

:)

I'm trying to find one for the 18th, leaving on the 19th sailing and I wondered why they were so high. That explains it.

I was told by a hotel that the ING Marathon is also a reason for the high prices.

I was told by a hotel that the ING Marathon is also a reason for the high prices.

Are you flying in a day early? I've found a couple that look pretty reasonable. Should have made plane reservations for FLL instead of Miami, but, they're made and I don't want to pay a change fee.

The Miami Marathon isn't until Jan 27th... as I'm running it. I doubt that is the reason for the higher prices for the 18th. I actually found the Courtyard Marriott downtown Miami Jan 24-27 for $126.00 per night on LMT...

That's a deal for the actual Marathon Weekend!

Sue

Archived