First night onboard specialty dining?

Charlie'sPet

New here and going on my first cruise with my mom to Alaska in May on the HA Westerdam. My question is we'd like to eat at the specialty restaurant Pinnacle Grill on our first night out but I read that our luggage might take a while to get to our room and we won't have the adequate clothes. If I have a dinner reservation @ 6:30 is that enough time for our luggage to find us or am I making a rookie mistake?

CP

I have never had a problem with my luggage arriving before dinner time. However, there is no way for us to know for sure when your luggage will arrive.

I usually pack a change of clothes and toiletries in my carry on just in case I want to freshen up before my main luggage gets there though. You can drop your carry ons off in your room at the time HA says that your rooms will be ready, so you shouldn't have to hang on to your carry ons for very long.

It has been our experience that our luggage almost always is delivered to our room by 2:00 p.m. We usually arrive at our room around 1:15. The one time it didn't was when we received an upgrade at the port and I called the front desk at 4:00 p.m and our luggage was at the desk. The luggage was in our room when we returned from the life boat station drill. We always cruise on Holland America ships.

I have always been sure to have our first nights dinner clothes in the carryon just in case the suitcases don't arrive in our cabin before we go to dinner. That's never happened, but I just know the first time I don't have the dinner clothes with it will be the first time the luggage isn't there.

I wouldn't want to go to the diningroom - let alone the Pinnacle - without freshening up and changing to clean, more appropriate, clothing. JMHO

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the Pinnacle. We eat there at least once on every cruise.

I have heard that it's easiest to get rez's at the specialty restaurants on the first night. Also, if your luggage doesn't make it, will they turn you away? I seriously doubt it. But, as others have said, take something nice to wear your first night. Easy enough to do.

Never had a problem with luggage before dinner on HA. Then again I have gone to Pinnacle Grill in the business casual I came aboard with without dressing up.

New here and going on my first cruise with my mom to Alaska in May on the HA Westerdam. My question is we'd like to eat at the specialty restaurant Pinnacle Grill on our first night out but I read that our luggage might take a while to get to our room and we won't have the adequate clothes. If I have a dinner reservation @ 6:30 is that enough time for our luggage to find us or am I making a rookie mistake?

CP

We always dress keeping in mind that we may not have our luggage before we go to dinner.

One time on HAL we got 2 suitcases before lifeboat drill and 2 after. We were hard pressed getting everything unpacked before we went to 5:45 dinner.

With your dinner time of 6:30 for the Pinnacle -- you will be fine.

Enjoy the Westerdam.

Archived