Same ship, same world voyage - varying food quality?

Whitemarsh

I believe and experience shows that if 10 people undertook the same trip, at the same time, on the same ship and were asked to give their overall impressions there would be about 4 different views. I was on a P&O ship at Christmas and was remarkably unimpressed with the food whereas some friends whose tastes are similar thought that it was wonderful. That, in some ways, demonstrates the folly of judging things by reviews which nowadays seems the norm. Far better to try it and make up your own mind.

Far better to try it and make up your own mind.

Never have wiser words been spoken!! :)

I also believe that it is wise to leave ANY expectations at home. That way you cannot be disappointed - but you can be pleasantly surprised! :)

Barry

Most comments about food are very subjective, I have been at a table on board and had exactly the same meal as another person, mine was fine but hers was cold and tough. This continued for several days so in the end I realised that she was just a very unlucky person who the chef and waiting staff had selected to give poor food and service to. There are others on this board who are also members of that same group.

Yes that is so true. never had complaints on QM2 food myself although personally I think HAL has the edge. We did a princess cruise as saw a lot raving how good the food was. We found it mediocre to say the least!:)

I've never had a problem with the meals in Britannia but I've had tablemates who complained. To each his own, just because I like something doesn't mean you have to enjoy that food.

I do however wish QM2 would learn how to make good pancakes which don't resemble rubber. A few months ago I asked the Executive Chef on the Grand Princess if he would go over to the QM2 and teach them how to make fluffy pancakes like his. With the exception of the pancakes I prefer the food on the QM2.

Archived