Legend or Dream?

drog

We are planning a family cruise for January 2013 and we are looking at two cruises with pretty much the same itinerary, one is on the Dream and the other is the Legend. It will be my wife and I (40's) and our children and their friends all early 20's. I know the Dream is a little newer and much bigger and the only other difference is the Legend stops in Grand Cayman and the Dream goes to Costa Maya. Any feedback/opinions plusses and minuses would be most appreciated!

We have been on the dream last fall and will be going on the Legend this fall. We loved the Dream... It is a bigger ship and yes bigger isn't always better but we enjoyed it. We enjoyed the big screen tv they had by the main pool deck and also enjoyed the water park on the Dream... legend is an older ship and doesn't have these amenities but It wouldn't make or break us from going on either one. I guess it would depend on the debarkation port and the price.... Don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

We just sailed the Legend last Dec. Will be sailing Dream this Nov. For a 20 something group I would think the Dream would have more to offer. Itens are very similar, Legend has 2 tender ports while Dream has trouble getting inot Roatan due to her size. We did enjoy the Legend, but want to try the Dream class for it's amenities. Either way- both are good choices. Legend may be a bit less expensive, if that is a factor. Tampa (Legend) is a very smooth embarkation IMHO. I have not sailed out of Pt Canaveral yet, so don't know about that. If I were choosing I would do a +/- list & let everyone going with you cast a vote. I will say we loved all the ports on Legend, especially Roatan. Loved her pax to deck space ratio. Dream-- we are looking forward to a cove, the water park, bbq on lanai, pasta & burito bar. Hope this helps, have fun whatever choice you make.

We loved the Dream and are hoping to sail on her again later this year. We especially liked the Club 02 for the teens, the many hot tubs and the extra deck space. The Dream is my favorite Carnival layout so far.

If you do choose the Dream, plan to take a private excursion in Costa Maya to the ruins. Even tho we haven't done this, I understand that they are relatively untouched and quite memorable.

We love the Legend! I was OK with the Dream, hubby really disliked it. We love the Spirit class ship.

I would rather go to Costa Maya than Grand Cayman, but not if it means the Dream ...

We've been on both - when it came down to picking a 2nd time we went with the Legend again. Love the layout of the ship, love sailing out of Tampa, didn't like the TV at the main pool on the Dream, both have a Serenity deck, but the Legend has a pool while Dream doesn't (and the Dream's Serenity deck was HOT, not much air circulation. We're thinking about a 2nd family Christmas cruise - on the Legend.

We did the Dream in Dec 2011 and the Legend in Dec 2009....we LOVED the Legend by far.....the Dream does have the Cloud 9 Spa which was FABULOUS....but we didn't make the BBQ...and I did not like the Serenity area up front with no pool...

When we were on the Legend, the aft-pool was already Adults only, but not serenity.....MUCH prefer that area with a pool....which is another thing,.,,,the Dream only has 2 pools while Legend has 3.....

We also really liked Costa Maya....you MUST get out of the port area wherevre you guy, IMHO, because they are all fabricated to some extent...some are just older.....but we went to Majaual ( I know I spelled it wrong.....but the old section) for $3pp taxi...the beach was great!

We hated Grand Cayman....

Archived