Latest issue of Currents.

suseg

I had a gold card on the Triumph last week and when I checked in the woman made a point of commenting that I was previously on the same ship BUT I have not gotten the latest issue of Currents.

Oh well.

Hey, I read that article last night. I didn't know that "Randy" and "Graham" were you guys! There was no mention of cruise critic :( I think there was another CCer quoted in the article too (Norman maybe - not sure).

What I don't get about the Currents is my BF took his first cruise last year and is getting it, and I did my fifth last year but don't get it. So I just hijack his copy!!!!

I think there was another CCer quoted in the article too (Norman maybe - not sure).

Yep-- that would be StorminNorman from down under.

Both my SO and I get a copy--so three days ago we got two currents in the mail. Shame that some get 2 and some get none. ALl three of my kids get a book too. (3 copies to the same house-- a little bit much dont cha think

I have found both the Carnival Currents and RCI's magazine to be lacking a lot in content. For a publication that is only printed a few times per year you would think that they could make them a little more interesting with more articles. I would even be willing to pay a small subscription rate if they would improve them. At least my new Cruise Travel arrived today to read.:)

After my cruise next week on RCI I will be moving up to Platinum. I like the fact that booking a suite gives you two cruise credits. Won't be long before I am Diamond. I love those perks. Especially the credit for booking a balcony. I know darn good and well that Carnival could do something like that if they wanted.

I just got my issue this weekend and got home from camping to see my name in print. Considering that I spoke with the writer for nearly 30-45 minutes, that was the only "pearl of wisdom" that she got is interesting to me.

As far as mention of Cruise Critic, I of course worked that into the discussion, as I do with any discusssion that is even remotely cruise related...no luck on seeing the site in print in Currents.

On my last Carnival cruise, I was talking to our waiter, he was telling me about all the ships he'd been on. I mentioned that I used Cruise Critics and he looked at me with a smile. I said, "you know of Cruise Critics board?" and he smiled and said "yes." I mentioned that I posted on the board, he looked kind of nervous. I ask him if anyone had ever posted anything about him, he smiled and said "no". I smiled back and said, "I'm sure it was only be good." Bottom line, some crew members know about this board and they read it.

I had to call them to start mine coming to me again. I got my copy this weekend! It is rather light reading. But loved reading about some people that I've enjoyed reading messages from on CC!

June

Then would you still have to show your invitation to get into the Past Guest Party? Wouldn't your Sign and SAil card pretty much signify that you are a Past Guest and should be allowed admittance?

I can see it now . . . .

"Want to go to the past guest party? FREE drinks for an hour or so. Here, give me $20 and take my Sail'n'Sign card."

:D :D :D

Archived