Grouper Fingers from the Red Frog Pub

spoiledkraut

I would be surprised if this is really grouper. Retail price here at port canaveral is over 20. per pound, so maybe half that wholesale. Don't see how Carnival could sell grouper fingers for 3.33. Maybe you only get one?

Sure they buy in bulk, lots of pounds. There overhead costs are different from a seafood shop or restaurant.

Sure they buy in bulk, lots of pounds. There overhead costs are different from a seafood shop or restaurant.

I doubt it's real grouper, sorry. I don't care how much you buy it's very expensive and very overfished. A lot of restaurants here in Florida SAY they are serving grouper but are really serving a cheaper type of fish.

With all the cutbacks in Carnival's food you think they're really serving grouper? LOL :rolleyes:

I doubt it's real grouper, sorry. I don't care how much you buy it's very expensive and very overfished. A lot of restaurants here in Florida SAY they are serving grouper but are really serving a cheaper type of fish.

With all the cutbacks in Carnival's food you think they're really serving grouper? LOL :rolleyes:

Unlike NCL, at least Carnival still has lobster.

Edited by Out to sea!

Doubtful they would be serving overpriced Florida grouper More likely caught and processed in some other part of the world, like their shrimp are.

Silly question, but if it's not grouper how can CCL call it grouper? If I order a steak, I'm expecting beef.

Just call 'em "fish fingers", "fish tenders", "crispy fish strips" ....

The same way they can call "Patagonian toothfish", "Chilean Seabass". From the article:

The name "Chilean Seabass" was invented by a fish wholesaler named Lee Lantz in 1977. He was looking for a name that would make it attractive to the American market.

Patagonian toothfish

Edited by LostPuppy