What do you drink your smuggled alcohol in?

DaveG99

additionally, i'll do the 12 pack of coke and replace with cans with beer except for where you can see into the box.

Oh, you're pretty cagey!! ;) We've never cruised before and I'm worried about what our bar bill is going to look like at the end of the cruise, so find this a VERY interesting thread!!

Oh, you're pretty cagey!! ;) We've never cruised before and I'm worried about what our bar bill is going to look like at the end of the cruise, so find this a VERY interesting thread!!

Just booked our 1st cruise and yes we are worried about running up a large bill. Travelling on the Princess Carribean and just read that they don't scan luggage so perhaps we will be able to "smuggle" more than the allotted 2 bottles of wine.

I used to work on a cruise ship. All cruise lines scan your bags, and believe it or not, they are not looking for alcohol. With safety in mind, they are searching for anything that can be used to harm fellow passengers on the ship itself. Knives, guns, other weapons... dare i say it this day in age.. bombs..

If security spots alcohol, they will undoubtedly confiscate it as it is against the rules of the ship to bring on alcohol. If you are creative enough, they will not spot it.. as their goal is not to rip apart you bags to make sure there isn't an ounce of liquor.

If you do somehow manage to bring alcohol aboard, then as long as you keep it hidden in your cabin, your are home safe. The crew, apart from maybe security and the bartenders who are losing out on commissions, doesn't care where your alcohol came.

We usually just hide in the bathroom and drink straight out of the bottle that way we can get are alcohol fix faster:eek: OH my smuggling booze on board What cant afford a couple drinks? Or just have to be drinking all the time?Seems like a silly thing to do but to each their own I guess if you have to drink so much and cant afford to go to the bar and relax and enjoy the ship then smuggle away:eek:

I don't smuggle liquor aboard, I bring it aboard in Rum Runners in our checked luggage with the full knowledge that it may be removed from my luggage. We like two martinis in our cabin while preparing for dinner so I have my Grey Goose on the rocks and DW has her Blue Sapphire on the rocks...the rocks and glasses provided by the cabin steward.:)

Did I mention that I love cruise critic because everyone is so friendly?

We usually just hide in the bathroom and drink straight out of the bottle that way we can get are alcohol fix faster:eek: OH my smuggling booze on board What cant afford a couple drinks? Or just have to be drinking all the time?Seems like a silly thing to do but to each their own I guess if you have to drink so much and cant afford to go to the bar and relax and enjoy the ship then smuggle away:eek:

Just got back from a Princess cruise and you're all right. They don't seem to care if you smuggle a bottle on in checked bag. Don't do as I did though....get pop FIRST then top with alcohol. I was asked if I wanted my cup dumped before pop refill....uhhh nooooo. Then they smelled it and smiled. I can understand as it's taking away from their gratuities but I also did spend about $200 on bar bill for 4 days. Can't imagine what it would have been had I not brought some of my own :eek:. I got a pop sticker and used the souvenier cup for my drinks the whole trip.

• 4 months later...

[ GET YOUR SELF SOME RUM RUNNERS FLASK, works every time ,store in luggage , and enjoy. We bring a total of 8 bottles of mix liquors . Plus the 2 bottles of wine we are able to bring on the carry on. We never spend a cent on the ship , well the first cruise we did, the bill came to over $900.00 for a 7 day cruise......We said never again will that happen , that's when we were introduced to the rum runner flask.....

QUOTE=allykatt72710;33857411]has any one smuggled alcohol into the carnival cruise? how did you or how do you do it? we sail sunday. do they scan your bags there?

• 2 weeks later...
...you can. No one will stop you, inspect your drink, or even pay attention. (Note: Just like you, we learned an expensive lesson...a $520 bar tab many moons ago.)

I previously posted this and got a few comments and smiles:

* If you're sailing on a ship that serves sorbet...ask for it in a glass instead of a cone. :) The strawberry sorbet is great with rum.

* At breakfast, order extra glasses of orange juice...great with vodka.

* And the best...have you ever had that "cold soup" for dinner? I've asked my waiter to deliver a few of those pineapple/coconut soup to our cabin. Mix it with rum or vodka...best drink you'll ever have on the ship! :) Happy Sailing!

Lovin your creativity!!!

Archived