A Tip For My Time Diners

MomofBoyz

Just thought those of you who enjoy the "entertainment" part of cruising in the MDR would like to know this one:

On our last cruise we learned that in the MDR where My Time Dining takes place, the entertainment was once per night, at 7:00. So, don't eat too early or too late if that's a big deal to you.

We really like that aspect of cruising so we tried to be seated by about 6:45 once we found out.

Of course, might not apply on all ships, but though it might help.

Just thought those of you who enjoy the "entertainment" part of cruising in the MDR would like to know this one:

On our last cruise we learned that in the MDR where My Time Dining takes place, the entertainment was once per night, at 7:00. So, don't eat too early or too late if that's a big deal to you.

We really like that aspect of cruising so we tried to be seated by about 6:45 once we found out.

It won't bother me to miss it but thanks for the heads up.

Thanks this is helpful. As silly and corny as it is, my DDs and I really enjoy the entertainment. I don't want to miss it if I select YTD. What ship were you on?

Good Afternoon Mom. Thanks for info will be sure to avoid that time and night. Dancing is lame, rather have the time spent on better service training.

Good Afternoon Mom. Thanks for info will be sure to avoid that time and night. Dancing is lame, rather have the time spent on better service training.

Exactly.

Now I know what times to eat in order to miss that Dog'n'Pony Show with the waiters dancing on the food stands. More time practicing serving is an excellent idea.:)

We were just on the Dream and had YTD and would go to dinner about 830 to 900 each night and each night during our dinner we got a show. I wish we didn't but we did. An issue was depending on where we were seated, we could not see the show. If I have to hear them singing while trying to enjoy a subpar meal, I want to be able to see the show.

The 7:00 show was on the Ecstasy so I'm assuming that would run across all of the Fantasy Class ships.

I figured this would be a helpful tip for those who like the show AND those who don't! To each his own, that's the cruise motto, right?

Your information is incorrect. The "entertainment" is done twice each night, once for each main seating. If you are in a dining room that only has ATD, there may be only one show, but on ships where ATD shares a dining room with traditional seating there are always two shows.

Wow, that is disappointing because when I asked the waiter if they would be doing the show again, he and his helper both said "no, only once a night".

Oh well, sorry for the bad tip. I thought it was correct.

For Fantasy class ships, you are correct. Fantasy class ships only have single level dining rooms, so there is probably one MDR designated as YTD and one MDR designated as traditional dining.

My biggest beef with the entertainment is then I have "Apple Bottom Jeans...boots with the fur" stuck in my head for the rest of the cruise.:D

hahhahaha As soon as I saw this thread that song started running through my head.

Inspiration is also a Fantasy class ship. Would that mean that the entertainment for YTD is also at 7pm?

We would like to see the entertainment but don't want the food to stop coming for too long while the servers are performing as we have little kids with us.

Maybe getting there at 6:15 to be seated around 6:35 (if not too crowded) might have our entrees out by the beginning of the show at 7pm?

They may only participate once a night, but there are still 2 "shows" a night, once for each T. seating.

Wonder if the difference was that on Ecstasy (at least with our sailing) there was one dining room for YTD and one for the two regular seatings? Most likely, the one with the two seatings proceeded as usual and the one that was dedicated to YTD performed at 7:00 in order to hit both crowds?

I thought it odd that the entire MDR was dedicated to YTD but it was. Maybe that's why the one show at 7:00.

Inspiration is also a Fantasy class ship. Would that mean that the entertainment for YTD is also at 7pm?

We would like to see the entertainment but don't want the food to stop coming for too long while the servers are performing as we have little kids with us.

Maybe getting there at 6:15 to be seated around 6:35 (if not too crowded) might have our entrees out by the beginning of the show at 7pm?

Yes they start the entertainment after dinner (& possibly right before) dessert is served. You may be lucky and get dessert with the show, but more likely it will be delayed until after the show. Bring your video camera!

On the Legend, is this every night, or just a few times per week?

I know 2 -one on each formal night and another on Saturday- "leaving on a jet plane" thing.

Ya know I am gonna say 4 nights.

When we sailed the MDR was full by 7pm for anytime and the people waiting -- for people to get done.. usually many people left before the shows started. (right after dessert) and then had to wait til the tables were set again.

If wanting to see that show I suggest going before 6:15.

It really is not something --less then 3 minutes>

Archived