Traditional or Anytime Dining...

MsSoCalCruiser

I did switch to the Anytime dining. This way, I can sit with others or I can sit alone (well with my Kindle). This is only my 2nd solo cruise but it is with a different cruiseline than my first solo cruise. I'm looking forward to it and I will let you know how it goes.

Actually have a back to back booked with Princess next Feb in addition to our annual Dreamers cruise in Jan. That is a super fun group!

We have group rates if you'd like to check into it, hit me up on facebook if you like.

I thought my signature would be annoying if I put all the cruises in there

I have to admit, I find long lists of past cruises annoying. Takes up a lot of space. The way you listed your cruises is succinct & fine. ;)

I tried looking you up on fb but wasn't sure what to look for. Is this group young, old, middle or a mixture?

Beth

It's a mixture, we have a 24 yr old, and a 77 year old, with many in between

See my signature and msg me, I can add you if you like

My name is Brad, and I'm a cruiseaholic, it's been 41 days since my last cruise (but I'm fixin' to fall off the wagon real soon ;))

It's a mixture, we have a 24 yr old, and a 77 year old, with many in between

See my signature and msg me, I can add you if you like

My name is Brad, and I'm a cruiseaholic, it's been 41 days since my last cruise (but I'm fixin' to fall off the wagon real soon ;))

Hi Brad, Are you packed and ready to go? It's almost time for your next cruise! Lucky guy!!! If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a great time!

Hi Brad, Are you packed and ready to go? It's almost time for your next cruise! Lucky guy!!! If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a great time!

Hey thanks!

Yup, I UPS'd my luggage to the hotel Monday so it will be waiting for me.

Was less than United gets plus I get points, and don't have to wait at the carousel!

I'll have my carryon and laptop so will get off the plane and head to the rooftop pool, LOL

Sounds like a great group on this next one too!

I did traditional dining on my first 2 solo cruises, but I will do anytime dining on the next one. I felt on my last one I was almost forced to go each night as my table was made up of 2 elderly couples and a middle aged couple with their son. I felt awkward and skipped a couple nights, but they found me and I was back in the MDR the following night.

If they weren't some of the nicest people I met, I wouldn't have gone back. When I'm traveling alone, I like to do my own thing, including the time I eat dinner, so MyTime dining is what I will be selecting next time.

I've done 4 solo cruises and 3 were on Princess. I have my 5th one coming up in November. It's a 14 day cruise to Hawaii on Princess. I choose Anytime dining so I'm free to go when I want and not worry about anyone else. The whole joy of solo cruising to me is that I can do whatever I want whenever I want. I often go to the Horizon Court and just grab a salad for dinner because I don't like sitting in the dining room every night. I bring a book/kindle and just read. I love it. I hope you have a good time.

Just wanted to add: I just noticed you're going on the Sapphire Princess. She's a great ship and even better after drydock. I love the Sapphire and chose her for my next cruise.

I did traditional dining on my first 2 solo cruises, but I will do anytime dining on the next one. I felt on my last one I was almost forced to go each night as my table was made up of 2 elderly couples and a middle aged couple with their son. I felt awkward and skipped a couple nights, but they found me and I was back in the MDR the following night.

If they weren't some of the nicest people I met, I wouldn't have gone back. When I'm traveling alone, I like to do my own thing, including the time I eat dinner, so MyTime dining is what I will be selecting next time.

That would be awkward. It's not like going to a restaurant when you usually don't see the people again. It doesn't matter how many people are on a ship, I always seem to run into the same people over and over.

I've done 4 solo cruises and 3 were on Princess. I have my 5th one coming up in November. It's a 14 day cruise to Hawaii on Princess. I choose Anytime dining so I'm free to go when I want and not worry about anyone else. The whole joy of solo cruising to me is that I can do whatever I want whenever I want. I often go to the Horizon Court and just grab a salad for dinner because I don't like sitting in the dining room every night. I bring a book/kindle and just read. I love it. I hope you have a good time.

Just wanted to add: I just noticed you're going on the Sapphire Princess. She's a great ship and even better after drydock. I love the Sapphire and chose her for my next cruise.

I will have my Kindle with me at all times. Do they have tables for 2 in Horizon Court? If they have a booth, that would be even better.

I am excited for my Sapphire Princess cruise. I saw some of the after drydock pictures and the Sapphire looks beautiful. When is your Sapphire Princess cruise?

• 3 weeks later...

Just went solo on the Glory. Asked for fixed late-seating-dining and a table for 8 - was assigned to a 4 person booth with just one other person, who, it turns out, also lives in my state. This was not someone I would have chosen and we didn't spend time together outside of the dining room. Tablemate was there every evening, as was I. That's what I hoped for; I didn't want to end up sitting alone at dinner. The fixed dining time did not seem to interfere with other activities.

Archived