Quest April 24th Sailing - Information Thread

Andy

Thank you Bill for that good news. I hope it means that there is little left that could hold up the process.

JUJUJU2: 74 people flying out tomorrow! I guess that was a planned precruise holiday in India.

Peter, enjoy your bubbles! I have spent some time trying to find a site to see what is happening in the Singapore drydock but without success. Could you possibly post the address of the site, if it is one for general consumption.

Thank you.

I think I might book a couple more excursions and get the ports out of the wardrobe ready for filling.

Kayn

It's vesseltracker.com

Peter

Peter,

Thank you so much. That is a great site. I have just joined and have seen the position and speed of the Quest. I will monitor her progress.

Much appreciated....but please tell me...I have > 300 days cruising and am embarrassed that I don't know...what is the M & M...where we will all meet??

Peter,

Thank you so much. That is a great site. I have just joined and have seen the position and speed of the Quest. I will monitor her progress.

Much appreciated....but please tell me...I have > 300 days cruising and am embarrassed that I don't know...what is the M & M...where we will all meet??

Kayn

Towards the top of this page on the right hand side is a blue oblong box showing Azamara Meet & Mingle, click on it and then enter details asked for. Azamara (I understand) lay on a little do for CruiseCritic members who sign up with freebie drinks and nibbles. Your invite will be in your cabin and I expect it will be on the first sea day. Reading through quite a few of these threads I understand that it's quite normal for the Captain & Officers to be present. Azamara take CruiseCritic very seriously, which is why we have Bill Leiber, as far as I know no other cruise line do anything remotely similar.

Peter

According to vesseltracker Quest is on the move at 6 knots. That was as at 8 am UK time. It has left the dry-docks and is going round to the Straits of Singapore.

Great news.

Peter

Wow what a site. It is fascinating to be able to track the ships. I have set up for emails to be sent to me when the Quest and Journey arrive and leave each port so I will be able to follow their itineraries before I board both later this year.

Thank you so much Peter. Cruise Critic sure is a wonderful community.

Jeanette.

Peter,

Thank you yet again for helpful information.

I have followed your instructions and signed up for the M & M, so hopefully my husband and I will see you all there!

Have a safe trip.

Hello Azamara Displaced "Spice Route" Guests -

Shown below is today's update (Tuesday/April 17, 2012) as the Azamara Quest sails to Mumbai for its scheduled voyage on April 24!

Also, there is an update about our injured crew member's recovery which I understand is much improved - that is a blessing!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Travel Alerts / April 17, 2012, 5:00 p.m. E.S.T.

Today, Tuesday, April 17, Azamara Quest departed Singapore and is currently in route to Mumbai (Bombay), India. Azamara Quest is expected to arrive in Mumbai in time for its next scheduled sailing on Tuesday, April 24.

Guests who have any additional questions regarding Azamara Quest may call toll free 1.888.829.4050 from the United States and Canada. Guests outside the United States may call direct or collect to 1.408.916.9001.

We are pleased to report that the condition of the Azamara Quest crew member that was more severely injured continues to improve. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our crew member and his family. Azamara Club Cruises would like to thank everyone for their thoughtfulness and concern regarding our injured crew member.

Many of you have asked for a way to make a donation to assist our injured crew member. If you would like to make a donation, please make the check payable to Azamara Club Cruises, write "Crew Donation/Azamara Quest” on the memo field, and mail to the address below. One hundred percent of all contributions will go directly to the fund we have set up for our injured crew member.

Dorothy Aloma

Azamara Club Cruises

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

We are just back from our "Spice Route substitute" holiday at Lake Como and first thing I did was to log on to CC to see what is happening with the April 24th cruise!

I am so glad that you are all able to go and will be looking forward to details of whether Quest is back to her best. You are all going to have a lot to talk about at your M&M, that's for sure! :D

I hope you all have a great time - and have a Martini for me.

Ship is here! We can see it out our hotel window, from the 33rd floor of the Trident Nariman Hotel. Yay!!!

The group of 74 of us all booked through the same travel agent have been together for a week and all survived the India land tour. Besides our group, we have met Freodoc from our roll call this morning.

It has been a rough ride, but we are here!!! And can't wait to get on that ship. We leave in about an hour for the ship.

Juju

You beat me to it! I just got this email report (7 hr ago):

Name: AZAMARA QUEST http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Azamara-Quest-I5874.html

IMO: 9210218

Time: 24-04-2012 04:22:09 UTC

PORT: The vessel AZAMARA QUEST has moored at berth. ( Port: Mumbai Berth: Mumbai Port )

I'm glad for you guys. And glad that the ship got there in time. Hopefully they've got all the approvals so they can take on passengers.

As for us -- sigh -- maybe next year.

Ship is here! We can see it out our hotel window, from the 33rd floor of the Trident Nariman Hotel. Yay!!!

The group of 74 of us all booked through the same travel agent have been together for a week and all survived the India land tour. Besides our group, we have met Freodoc from our roll call this morning.

It has been a rough ride, but we are here!!! And can't wait to get on that ship. We leave in about an hour for the ship.

Juju

Hello -

At last - the moment of truth has arrived; your angst has come to an end; you're all at sea on the Azamara Quest and now it's the time to "let yourselves go!"

We appreciate your endless patience and I offer my best wishes for an Azamara shipboard experience on steroids!

Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello -

At last - the moment of truth has arrived; your angst has come to an end; you're all at sea on the Azamara Quest and now it's the time to "let yourselves go!"

We appreciate your endless patience and I offer my best wishes for an Azamara shipboard experience on steroids!

Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

We are now three days into the cruise and are all sublimely happy to be aboard and living the most excellent Azamara life.

The Cruise Critic Meet and Greet was just delightful, and the entire senior staff came out to welcome us.

As I knew they would, Azamara onboard crew have eased our angst with shoreside operations, and life is just plain good, as is the food, as are the cabins, as is the service. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Archived