Small Hotel for precruise Amsterdam

lulutoo

We will have 2 nights in Amsterdam pre cruise and would prefer a small local hotel to a chain- perhaps near the train station as it sounds well located for both sightseeing and the port. Any moderately priced ideas?

Lovely family owned hotel, located in the Musem district. One street over from Amsterdam's Rodeo Drive for shopping, and a very short walk to the canal boat tours, as well as the Hop-on-Hop-Off stop. Breakfast is included in your room rate. Try the pancakes , a special treat,

Marilyn

It's not by Station Centraal, but I stayed at Hotel Prinsenhoff right on one of the canals. It's a lovely canal house and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. It's located just a couple blocks from a tram station that's an easy ride to Station Centraal. I walked all over, including to Museumplein.

There are a lot of B&Bs to choose from. Enjoy!

In June 2012, we will be spending 3-nights pre-cruise at HOTEL FITA which is ranked #5 on TripAdvisor. It is also a TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice 2012 Winner as #8 of the "Top 20 Hotels for SERVICE in The Netherlands" and #5 of the "Top 10 BARGAIN Hotels In The Netherlands." HOTEL FITA is a 15-room, family owned and run hotel in the Museum District and is located near the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum and a tram line. Our reservations were made 10 months prior to our cruise and were made directly with the hotel at hotelfita@gmail.com. Happy planning! Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...
In June 2012, we will be spending 3-nights pre-cruise at HOTEL FITA which is ranked #5 on TripAdvisor. It is also a TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice 2012 Winner as #8 of the "Top 20 Hotels for SERVICE in The Netherlands" and #5 of the "Top 10 BARGAIN Hotels In The Netherlands." HOTEL FITA is a 15-room, family owned and run hotel in the Museum District and is located near the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum and a tram line. Our reservations were made 10 months prior to our cruise and were made directly with the hotel at hotelfita@gmail.com. Happy planning! Hope this helps.

We will be there next June. How was Hotel Fita? as advertised?

Donna in SC

Archived