Blu restaurant

markf

Many people in Blu let the maitre d' know the night before if they will be at a Spec. Rest the next night. That way they will know you won't be there. I've been in Blu on three cruises and on each one they are usually very busy between 6:30 and 8:00. If you arrive around 6 or after 8 you should have no problem as a suite guest....I've only seen one turned away and the restaurant was full that time....

Thanks, but I guess I'm really asking "by when do they need to know." When on vacation, we'd rather not have to necessarily commit to our dining plans 24 hours or more in advance. If we could just let them know that same evening without it causing some kind of inconvenience (though I can't imagine what that might be), that would be good to know. Though of course if we did happen to make alternative plans in advance for some reason, we'd certainly let them know.

Thanks.

Frankly, it never occurred to us to even mention it to the staff in Blu if we decided to eat elsewhere on a given evening. On our particular cruise (westbound transatlantic), there was no chance of getting a table before 7:30 and then it was wide open for the rest of the evening. The Maitre D' told us that there was always a line waiting at 6:00 p.m. and every table was filled by 6:10 p.m.

When we've used traditional dining, we've generally mentioned to the staff ahead of time that we would be elsewhere the following evening. Since Blu is open seating, we did not see the need.

Thanks, but I guess I'm really asking "by when do they need to know." When on vacation, we'd rather not have to necessarily commit to our dining plans 24 hours or more in advance. If we could just let them know that same evening without it causing some kind of inconvenience (though I can't imagine what that might be), that would be good to know. Though of course if we did happen to make alternative plans in advance for some reason, we'd certainly let them know.

Thanks.

I think the only way to answer that is when you know. There is no rule though and I'm sure they factor in people in the Spec. Rest. in their seating anyway. The biggest reason we did is because we liked one particular table and we didn't want them holding it for us unnecessarily. We sat at the same table for 10 out of 12 nights and they always held it, so we just thought they should know so they didn't do that needlessly.

Archived