Is there a secret way to get the cabin of my choice?

I realize it's an Alaska cruise question, but it's an RCI ship. I am looking to book on Radiance for Alaska on Aug. 30 of 2013. WAY LONG TIME FROM NOW! And I've had a cabin picked out, waiting for the itinerary to come out. It finally does, and my travel agent says it's unavailable, and the only ones showing on the website suck! Is there a secret code word to get my cabin or is it REALLY booked up already?

I don't know of a way to guarantee that you will get the cabin of your choice, but I do know that sometimes the itineraries are available for the folks at RCI to book before even the travel agents so you might want to be diligent about calling RCI when the itineraries are about to come out. Also, they have access to all the cabins that are available, not just the ones that show on the website. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion that I just call them directly. My usual Travel Agent quit anyway, and went to work for a credit card company, so I didn't feel bad about not going thru him!

I was able to book a cabin right next door to my #1 choice! Now I just have to wait another 16 months! :(

I realize it's an Alaska cruise question, but it's an RCI ship. I am looking to book on Radiance for Alaska on Aug. 30 of 2013. WAY LONG TIME FROM NOW! And I've had a cabin picked out, waiting for the itinerary to come out. It finally does, and my travel agent says it's unavailable, and the only ones showing on the website suck! Is there a secret code word to get my cabin or is it REALLY booked up already?

You can type in the room number on rc.com to check if it is available.

If this is a very coveted room it could be gone already.

Thanks for the suggestion that I just call them directly. My usual Travel Agent quit anyway, and went to work for a credit card company, so I didn't feel bad about not going thru him!

I was able to book a cabin right next door to my #1 choice! Now I just have to wait another 16 months! :(

Did you have them "waitlist" you for the cabin you really want? You can do that!

Booked as soon as the 2013 RCI Alaska schedule came out for May 17th.. couldn't believe how quick the JS catagory was going..got my second choice cabin (no big deal it's right next door) and now you can't even pull this catagory up online :eek:...Glad I got mine when I did...good luck !!

Archived