St Thomas: Royal Carribean

Th3CruiseGuru

Me and DW will be sailing on the FOS on May 20th and I am trying to decide which excursion would be best. Does anybody have any suggestions?

if you like the beach check out magens bay they also have a web cam if you do a google search. I LOVED it there.

What kind of things do you like to do? Have you been to STT before? St Thomas is famous for sailing, so you might want to consider a day sail if this is a special occasion cruise.

Jet skis are also very popular, so if you want speed and thrills, you might want to consider booking a jet ski tour at one of the beaches.

Just some ideas.

We like a variety of things. In Coco Cay we are jet skiing and St Marteen we are doing the Rihno adventure. We have never been to St Thomas so we are trying to make the most of it. From reading various threads it seems like the beaches are very popular.

I would start with an island tour. You can book this independently after you get off the ship. (It would be a shame not to get a good overview of the island. It is so beautiful.

It takes about 2 hours and gives you a good overview of theeastern portion of the island. The tours are in an "open-air taxi." It is really a large open truck with multiple bench seats. (is covered) You can pick another activity for the afternoon. We have visited Megan's Bay Beach (they more famous) and Coki Beach. Megan's Beach charges an entrance fee. I think it was $4 each.

Shopping is interesting in St Thomas. You will need to take a taxi into Charlotte Amalie to have the best experience. There are shops on the docks--but, I feel they are little different than the shops on the ship. We bought severasl items along the tour route. (a men's collared polo **** with ST Thomas design for $12, etc) There were vendors at most of the stops.

St Thomas is famous for duty-free and jewelry shopping, if that's not for you then I would just grab a taxi to head for the East End of the island, perhaps Coki or Sapphire Beach for a couple hours then back to Havensight if you're docked there. You will find plenty of shopping at Havensight, as well as the tram to Paradise Point which is a great spot to relax after touring the island. You will find great views of the ships and harbor from PP and you can have a bite or a cocktail there. Justa nice place to end your day. You can also taxi toere rather than take the tram.

If you prefer shopping and history by all means taxi or walk to Charlotte Amalie, you'll find a historic area where Main St starts (google the 99 steps) and then you can walk Main St and enjoy the shops. A couple of places to stop for a bite include Coconuts at 10 Main St (best burger on the island) or the Green House for margaritas.

And a tour of the island can be very nice, many operators include the beach with the tour then you have a few hours on your own. But if you are not doing the beach thing on your other islands this is a good spot to do that.

Archived