One last question before we cruise: Can I use my own cup with the soda card?

wework2play

My son wants to get a soda card, and wants to use his own sport bottle..Will they allow that? Thanks!

wework2play,

No. Some bar servers may fill it though it's not allowed. He can always fill it with the glass they serve it to him. They even have signs up now at the self serve drink dispensers that say no personal cups should be used.

you will get a can of soda....so he can pour it into whatever he chooses

With the soda card, the bar tenders fill the cup, you do not get a can, and usually you have to use their cup.

We had our own insulated cups on the Miracle a few weeks back with a soda card (sticker), and the folks at the bars never hesitated to fill it. All they required was that we take off the lid first, which was interesting. Perhaps a hygiene thing...

• 1 month later...
wework2play,

No. Some bar servers may fill it though it's not allowed. He can always fill it with the glass they serve it to him. They even have signs up now at the self serve drink dispensers that say no personal cups should be used.

'The "no personal cups" is a health regulation. You may however dispense it in their cup and then pour it into yours (I know, that seems very wasteful , but it is what health regulations require.)

We had our own insulated cups on the Miracle a few weeks back... All they required was that we take off the lid first, which was interesting. Perhaps a hygiene thing...

They also do this at our county fair when refilling the souvenir cups.

Archived