Does Cunard UK Do This Too

Leucothea

I've been booking in the US (and perhaps it may seem trivial to some) and on every statement, every form of correspondence you receive from them it seems that your age is always right there at the top, very visible and unforgettable. It smacks you in the face every time.

Now very few people like their age; it has the annoying habit of increasing every year. So why, why must Cunard (and so many companies and bureaucracies, in the US at least) be constantly, relentlessly reminding you of it?!:eek: Why this obsession with telling people "yep, this is how old you are!" at every opportunity? What is the reasoning behind that?

It would be so much kinder and more polite to leave people's ages out of the picture. Each time I receive Cunard's billing summaries, etc, I cringe with discomfort when I see that damning number (I know it's all relative...) and at that moment I ponder not sailing.:rolleyes:

on every statement, every form of correspondence you receive... it seems that your age is always right there at the top, very visible and unforgettable. It smacks you in the face every time.

In the UK the booking confirmation (and all other paperwork) says "Age at sailing... xx"... if you book far in advance (maybe over a year) as I have on occasions... that is even more cruel... :eek: :mad: :eek: .

Our ages are on the Booking Confirmation and the Booking Notification (not at the top) but not on Your Travel Summary or Your Voyage E-Ticket or the Pre-Voyage Documentation & Shore Excursions book.

Well Lucy, this is something up with which you should not put. Stop.

It's an outrage! Stop.

Cunard have absolutely no right to tell you how old you are! Stop.

Cancel Immediately!! Stop.

Shiny

Well, once upon a time, I hear, it was bad manners to mention a lady's age. Now it is mentioned all the time. My question is, why?

Well, once upon a time, I hear, it was bad manners to mention a lady's age. Now it is mentioned all the time. My question is, why?

Probably because they look so much better than their husbands. I'll get fried for this one, I'm sure.

Archived