Help what do I do

Carcarmat

This is just incredibe. I would be climbing the proverbial "walls". It would really be such a shame for the OP to miss their cruise, just because someone else in a "higher" position wouldn't be willing to be helpful, or go a second mile.

A lesson learned for me as well tho... Make doubly sure to have at least 2 forms of ID ALWAYS :eek: and make colored copies as proof for those too!

Anxiously waiting. I would hope someone at Carnival might try to do more to help him, don't know what that might be, but just hoping:o. I wonder who the OP is traveling with??

REALLY hope he gets it all worked out. Not sure boarding is the only issue though :o!

Can't help but wonder if he has any ports that require photo ID to reboard AND what about when he disembarks back in Florida AFTER the cruise and customs requires ID!

How will THAT work :confused:

This is just incredibe. I would be climbing the proverbial "walls". It would really be such a shame for the OP to miss their cruise, just because someone else in a "higher" position wouldn't be willing to be helpful, or go a second mile.

A lesson learned for me as well tho... Make doubly sure to have at least 2 forms of ID ALWAYS :eek: and make colored copies as proof for those too!

Anxiously waiting. I would hope someone at Carnival might try to do more to help him, don't know what that might be, but just hoping:o. I wonder who the OP is traveling with??

Another lesson....dont speed!! Especially to something this important!!

Well he would already have to have one, obviously. Just saying if he/she did it wouldn't matter if his DL was taken or not.

Obviously too late for the OP, but this thread should be referenced every time someone asks if a passport is necessary. It could happen to any of us (and to those that say just don't speed, none of us is immune from causing an accident).

REALLY hope he gets it all worked out. Not sure boarding is the only issue though :o!

Can't help but wonder if he has any ports that require photo ID to reboard AND what about when he disembarks back in Florida AFTER the cruise and customs requires ID!

I would think as long as OP gets to cruise he can deal with Customs on once home...they have ways to look these things up...May not be able to get off at one of those ports but atleast they won't lose their cruise...

Another lesson....dont speed!! Especially to something this important!!

I think most of us would not consider 5mph much of speeding...they won't even look at you in NJ for this...that is a waste of their time...

Exactly. Well, this is at least how my DH explained it. This must have been the case for the OP. Either way, a complete catastophe :(

I dont think I could ruin a familys vacation like that if I had the power to. He has to be heartless :(

I would think as long as OP gets to cruise he can deal with Customs on once home...they have ways to look these things up...May not be able to get off at one of those ports but atleast they won't lose their cruise...

The lady at the courthouse is still at lunch but now I did not think of custom at the ports:(:(:(:(:mad:

Disembarkation was a problem for my SIL a couple of years ago. Apparently, no one has every noticed (including the embarkation folks) that her birth certificate only has her last name on it!! The first name was left off. It took her a while to get through customs. Again, we have never noticed it before nor has anyone else as she had cruised before using the same birth certificate. LOL (now).

Call your employer. You should have an I-9 on file. If you are lucky enough that they made copies of your attachments on a copier copier, they should be able to scan a copy of it to you.

the DL on file at work:)

Call your employer. You should have an I-9 on file. If you are lucky enough that they made copies of your attachments on a color copier, they should be able to scan a copy of it to you.

Yes, but lets hope that he has not been there so long that it is now an expired license as they won't take that...I know the DL they have on file here for me has been renewed 2 times since then...

At this point I would go to the State of GA...not sure where to start but it doesn't hurt to have as many people working on it as possible...

Archived