Help what do I do

Carcarmat

Why can't they fax the complete ID? My DH applied for a new GA drivers license bc of a change of address. He applied online & they sent him a brand new one, with the same picture as the old one. They may not "want" to do it, but I have no doubt that they could, especially being in the situation that you are. I'd be calling & talking to everyone that I possibly could. Talk to a supervisor or something. Gees, I cannot stand the DMV. They must loathe their jobs. :mad:

It makes me mad. Ga could do so much better! OP I hope it works out. Please let us know.. When do you sail?

Ga doesn't. Trust me. I know :)

They dont take the DL down here in FL either. I am guessing they only do it to out of state folks.

ETA 5mph over? Thats insane. 75 in a 70 is SLOW down here. 75 is average and 85 is normal for left lane. That cop was pretty eager.

Ga DMV people are generally rude and unhelpful. I think your best bet is trying to contact the county where you got the ticket and see if they will fax it or if you can pay it. I would do it asap though, you don't have much time.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

That's DMV employees in any state. I think IL is the worst, but GA is the least organized (of the states I've lived in).

OP, good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

The dmv will fax a copy but there in no photo .rrrr!!!! I just doing 75 in a70 RRR

the cop has not done his paper work at time so i cant pay the fine

You got a ticket for 5 over?! For real?! That stinks! Good news is that it will most likely get tossed if you contest it (even if you pay it in full now). I was a WI resident and got a ticket in IL. The officer said he could take my license or I could pay it. I didn't have enough cash on me, so he took my license and I followed him to an ATM. Got the cash, gave it to him, then got my license. All was well. I was with my friend when she got pulled over in MI as an IL resident. She was given the option to pay then and there, which she did. I'm surprised you weren't offered that option.

THE fine is $300.00 Now if I can get them to fax a copy of my DL with the photo the (cort house) the Dmv no help #### thay say my on falt slow down and it wont happen (dmv)

$300 for 5 over?!!!! Um, yeah, thanks for the tip DMV...a little late for that now.

They dont take the DL down here in FL either. I am guessing they only do it to out of state folks.

ETA 5mph over? Thats insane. 75 in a 70 is SLOW down here. 75 is average and 85 is normal for left lane. That cop was pretty eager.

The cop probably needed to make his quota. Hope everything works out. I got that useless card, thank goodness.

Go to nearest DMV for a simple photo ID. STAT!

He can't get a Florida State ID if he doesn't live in Florida.

Georgia is too far now. If he's gone early this morning when he posted, he could have made it but it's way too late now.

THE fine is $300.00 Now if I can get them to fax a copy of my DL with the photo the (cort house) the Dmv no help #### thay say my on falt slow down and it wont happen (dmv)

Something doesn't sound right for a fine to be $300.00 for only 5 over the limit. My DS:cool: was given a ticket on I-75 here in FL for doing 102 in a 70 (Luckily the car is in my ex wife's name) and his total cost was less than $500.00. Maybe was in a work zone where fines are doubled?

Gregg

$300 does sound a bit steep, unless he fell under the new super speeder law. I don't kno.. I think that's only in GA. I feel really bad for the OP if he was only going 5 over. I'm so guilty of that. My DH (who is a cop) says, normally he wouldn't pull someone for doing 5 over. It's just not worth it, but 10, 15, or 20, he kinda has too:o. I still say the DMV should be able to do something. What a bunch of bunk! :rolleyes:

Apparently, he/she doesn't have a passport?? Ohh gees. :confused::(

This is making me so nervous, I can't get my work done. I keep coming back to check on the OP. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you will get this worked out and enjoy your cruise.

Same here!! I keep checking back hoping to see that they made it on! This just sounds like something that would happen to me. I think I am going to get an ID made... just incase!

I might have missed the post, but did you contact Carnival and explain the situation. Maybe they can give you a solution?

Do you have an alternative ID at home? Maybe someone can fax a copy of that to the port....I really hope this works out for you.

In all my years (yes many), I have never heard of your DL being kept because you got a ticket:eek:. When the OP said she 'lost' her license I thought she meant just that 'lost' (didn't know they kept them).

Here in IL they keep them even if you are a resident of the state. Out west they did not when I was collecting tickets (expensive hobby that I've luckily avoided lately)

EDIT: By the way, my fingers are seriously crossed for OP. What a crappy issue to deal with!!!!

Archived