Help what do I do

Carcarmat

How far from the GA line are you? I doubt they will take the paper you were given. Maybe you can turn around and make to the border.. what port are you driving to?

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

Just lost my drivers license on my way to port. I was speeding. I have no photo Id now what do I do I sail today at 4 and I live in GA not FLA:(

Did the police give you a receipt for it? Hopefully, the shoreside agent will accept that......but you could be watching sailaway from the pier....

I'm sorry that this happened.......all the more reason to scan all of your important documents into a computer that can be accessed from anywhere.

A friend of mine lost his passport the morning of our cruise and didn't have a BC with him and even though he has sailed with Carnival several times they wouldn't let him sail.

If have a passport the paper I would think would be fine. Give Carnival a call.

If the OP has a passport then they wouldn't need their DL, so I'm thinking that they don't have a passport.

Also try calling GA DMV. Maybe they would be willing to fax something.

Where did you get the ticket? Call them. See if you can pay it and get your ID back.

OP, I wish I had something positive but without a photo ID I don't see much hope of them allowing you to board. Now that I know that the police will actually take your license down south I will make sure I stay under the speed limit.

Also thanks for the warning. If I get pulled over on the way to port in FL, pretend I can't find my DL and give them alternate ID.

OP, I wish I had something positive but without a photo ID I don't see much hope of them allowing you to board. Now that I know that the police will actually take your license down south I will make sure I stay under the speed limit.

Ga doesn't. Trust me. I know :)

If the OP has a passport then they wouldn't need their DL, so I'm thinking that they don't have a passport.

For those of us who don't want a passport, tthis is another reason to get the card that everyone keeps calling "useless". It serves as an extra ID ANYWHERE in the event you lose your state ID.

OP, if there is any way that you can go pay the fine right away, you will get your license back. But be prepared, it could be several hundred dollars depending on how far over the limit you were going.

In the meantime, call the DMV in Georgia right away to see if they will fax something. If you are at the pier, go inside and talk to somebody to see if they have a fax number.

You have several hours - with luck and hard work, you can still pull this off! We'll be wishing you well.

Most states in the US will take your drivers license if you are out of state and get ticketed. I live in FL, so if I got a ticket here, they wouldn't take my license. They do it to be sure the fine is paid - at which time you get your license back. It happens all over the country. I'm thinking the OP still has time to go right to the Courthouse and pay that ticket!!

Go ahead and begin the embarkation process.

There is a Carnival employee available to put out fires like this.

Have seen them get a copy of a passport faxed from Germany once.

Ask for this person as soon as you get to the port.

Good luck!

mimi

Yes they do I know they did

In Ga? You said Florida took it. I have lived in Ga all my life and they haven't kept my license for about 10 years. I just got another ticket the other week and kept mine.

Most states in the US will take your drivers license if you are out of state and get ticketed. I live in FL, so if I got a ticket here, they wouldn't take my license. They do it to be sure the fine is paid - at which time you get your license back. It happens all over the country. I'm thinking the OP still has time to go right to the Courthouse and pay that ticket!!

Ah that could be true and why GA hasn't kept mine lately.

My dad is at the dmv now they just dont wont to help but he will keep at them

Ga DMV people are generally rude and unhelpful. I think your best bet is trying to contact the county where you got the ticket and see if they will fax it or if you can pay it. I would do it asap though, you don't have much time.

Makes sense and I'm glad I know that this is a possibility, I'll pay much more attention to my speed.

It’s hard for me to understand that they would take your license from you and then let you drive away.

The only time I have been stopped in Georgia I actually paid the officer in cash at the point of the stop. But that was some time ago.

A good reason to have a driver’s license and a state issued ID. The ID cannot be taken away like a driver’s license.

Another good reason to have a passport.

I hope the OP is able to take their cruise.

It’s hard for me to understand that they would take your license from you and then let you drive away.

The only time I have been stopped in Georgia I actually paid the officer in cash at the point of the stop. But that was some time ago.

A good reason to have a driver’s license and a state issued ID. The ID cannot be taken away like a driver’s license.

Another good reason to have a passport.

I hope the OP is able to take their cruise.

They give you a price of pape with your info that says you can drive, but you license is being held in lieu of bond.

The problem is it has no picture on it.

OP, any word yet?

Archived