Future Cruise Vouchers (Questions)

Baileygirls

I have an open passage booking with a $250 OBC and it is NOT COMBINABLE with the current Captain's Club offer...I have called several times and I cannot combine it with any other offers. The price for my cruise is $2252 per couple for a cat 2B so subtract OBC and it is $2002 per couple...when I booked my cruise on the Eclipse in January (after final payment) I paid $1728 for a 1C...subtract OBC of $80 and I paid $1648...so I will be undecided (until closer to final payment) about whether I made the right decision in booking onboard.

Did you call the Passages Desk or Celebrity? You can combine it with the CC offer - all 4 of the cruises that I have booked have been combined. What cruise are you trying to do? Is it one of the "specified 2013/2014" sailings?

This is what Celebrity's site says: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=captains_club_deployment_offers

With up to $600 onboard credit on new 2013/14 sailings

Captain's Club

Take advantage of your exclusive Captain's Club New Sailings offer by simply booking the destination of your choice between March 14 and May 18, 2012. And, your Captain's Club New Sailings offer is combinable with one other offer, including Celebrity Passages, so you can experience new destinations at an even greater value.

We are having a difficult time at the moment. We booked 2 cabins for 2013 and are able to combine the open FCC we bought on board a couple years back. The issue we have is that one went through just dandy but the second one? OY! I kept faxing and faxing the booking transfer form but my TA was getting nothing back. The first one was sent to her the first day. I called Celebrity and .....

1. The reservation # the fellow at the passages desk put on it was invalid. We got that fixed.

2. I could not transfer it from Celebrity to the TA because the fellow at the passages desk assigned it to a TA already (but not the second one we bought). Celebrity told me who - although I have never heard of them.

3. TA he assigned it to? Called her and her company has no record of it.

4. Celebrity's 'resolution department' cannot override this - even though it was their mistake!!!

5. Assigned TA has to assign it back to Celebrity who then assigns it to new TA. If Celebrity appointed TA ever finds it.

ok, they told me I could not use it. It was an open passage, I bought it last May and wanted to use it for my April 2013 cruise that I just booked. I am going to call them and try to get this over to my TA. I wish the people at Celebrity knew what is going on. Thank you for all your info, I will let you know what happens.

I have an Open Passage booking that I Purchased on my 3/17/2012 cruise on the Eclipse, it cost me $200. I had too choose my cruise by May 18th. I chose my cruise and booked it last week, it clearly states on both my Open Passage receipt and the flyer that was put in my cabin that this is NOT COMBINABLE with any other offer...I tried to combine it with the current Captain's Club offer because people here are saying that they did combine theirs. I have called the Passages Desk and Celebrity's regular number and I am getting the same answer at both places. I was on hold for 28 minutes to find out that I could not combine the two offers. If someone out there knows who to call, I would love a direct number...thanks in advance!

Did you call the Passages Desk or Celebrity? You can combine it with the CC offer - all 4 of the cruises that I have booked have been combined. What cruise are you trying to do? Is it one of the "specified 2013/2014" sailings?

I called both numbers...my cruise is one of the new deployment cruises...The Reflection on 3/29/2014....not combinable..they told me that I already have the $150 Captain Club OBC added in with my $100...my booking confirmation says ADV- $100 then JARE $150...what cruise did you book?

I have an Open Passage booking that I Purchased on my 3/17/2012 cruise on the Eclipse, it cost me $200. I had too choose my cruise by May 18th. I chose my cruise and booked it last week, it clearly states on both my Open Passage receipt and the flyer that was put in my cabin that this is NOT COMBINABLE with any other offer...I tried to combine it with the current Captain's Club offer because people here are saying that they did combine theirs. I have called the Passages Desk and Celebrity's regular number and I am getting the same answer at both places. I was on hold for 28 minutes to find out that I could not combine the two offers. If someone out there knows who to call, I would love a direct number...thanks in advance!

Did you book your cruise with the Confirmation/Booking number on your Passages Certificate? Did you book a cruise on your own (or with a TA) and have a separate booking number? The number on your Passages IS your booking number with the relative OBC attached. You may have two reservations.

For example as with my bookings,you can't get $300 for Passages and $500 for the promotion - they just bump up your OBC to total $500 (combined). It is the same OBC you would get just booking from home but the best benefit is the reduced deposit.

my coding is:

ADV7 $300 ONBRDCR - Passages

JARF $200 ONBRDCR - CC promotion

Did you book your cruise with the Confirmation/Booking number on your Passages Certificate? Did you book a cruise on your own (or with a TA) and have a separate booking number? The number on your Passages IS your booking number with the relative OBC attached. You may have two reservations.

For example as with my bookings,you can't get $300 for Passages and $500 for the promotion - they just bump up your OBC to total $500 (combined). It is the same OBC you would get just booking from home but the best benefit is the reduced deposit.

my coding is:

ADV7 $300 ONBRDCR - Passages

JARF $200 ONBRDCR - CC promotion

Yes, my confirmation # is from my Passages Certificate...I am a part time TA, so I booked it myself....on my passages certificate it says $100, the special flyer I got while on the ship says $250...so they put the $100 and then they add $150 to make it $250 and then it looks like you already have two offers...and yes it is the same as if I had booked at home. The advantage of the reduced deposit is nice but I have a feeling it would have been less if I had waited...not a big deal but just a little annoying.

Was that from Celebrity or from the Passages Desk? If you booked a specific cruise on board then yes, you have 60 days to tsf. But if you purchased an Open Passages and at a later date booked a specific cruise, that is when the 60 days time-clock kicks in. An Open Passages does not expire and you can book a cruise 3 years from now with it and still tsf to a TA within 60 days.

I just want to thank you for making me not believe the first person I spoke to at Celebrity. I called passages and was able to transfer my booking. I learn so much from all of you. Thank you.

Just to reconfirm to all, when using the open passage voucher, your cruise must be booked under this "reservation" number. I was not aware of this when recently booking a cruise, and Celebrity will not now honour the deposit or onboard credit. Although the terms and conditions on the back of the voucher do not state this, the email confirmation apparently does. Celebrity will not allow you to cancel and rebook, or transfer your booking to the voucher number, after you have booked.

Just don't wish anyonelse to be caught out by this technicality.

Hello Christine, I see you are booked for Auck - Perth and Perth - Sydney in 2014. We are doing Panama in Jan. 2013. Do you think I should wait and book while onboard in Panama to do the NZ and Australia cruises, or book now with TA. My question really is..will I get a better deal booking onboard or not? Thank you

If my Confirmation page doesn't show my Passages Certificate OBC of $300.,

does that mean it was not applied to my account?

I understand OBC with all the other cruise lines, but "X" drives me bananas with all their fine print about what is or isn't combinable. Why offer it if you're just going to make it so confusing and upsetting to folks?

Thanks for any insight you can lend.

Hello Christine, I see you are booked for Auck - Perth and Perth - Sydney in 2014. We are doing Panama in Jan. 2013. Do you think I should wait and book while onboard in Panama to do the NZ and Australia cruises, or book now with TA. My question really is..will I get a better deal booking onboard or not? Thank you

I would book now to lock in the price and select your cabin. When you are onboard in Jan I would compare prices - hopefully they are close to the same. If so I would book on board, mindful of the category upgrades. and end up in the same cat cabin as you have previously booked. You will now be paying for a lower cat cabin, have OBC and low deposit. If you booked your original cabin with a TA he can work with X to drop the cabin you booked on board and switch it to your original cabin choice and if you booked directly with X they will do all that for you on board. At that point you can cxl your original reservation and get your large deposit back:D Tsf to a TA within 60 days and get more OBC:) Life is good! All this will work well as long as the cabin price has not increased over your OBC offered by X:eek: You would still win because then you can pat yourself on the back for booking early.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier as I missed your post:o

If my Confirmation page doesn't show my Passages Certificate OBC of $300.,

does that mean it was not applied to my account?

I understand OBC with all the other cruise lines, but "X" drives me bananas with all their fine print about what is or isn't combinable. Why offer it if you're just going to make it so confusing and upsetting to folks?

Thanks for any insight you can lend.

Is your "confirmation" from your TA or is it from Celebrity? On the Celebrity Booking Confirmation my OBC is shown under "Cruise Fare" (mid page, left hand side) as:

ADV7=$300 ONBRDCR

If you are unsure, phone the Passages Desk or Captains Club with your res # and ask them they can see it.

I too am having trouble with our Open Passages and the current Captain's Club OBC.

Like others, whoever helped us book the certificate did not know what he was doing.

Only wrote $100 on the certificate, did not give us anything for the Friends and Family offer. We did transfer it to our travel agent and their confirmation showed the $200 deposit.

We booked a cruise on April 15 using the reservation number on the certificate and as of today there is no OBC posted. TA has talked to them and they said we will get it. Since we are approaching the May 18 date, I want to see it posted. Our certificate does not have a passages phone numer. Could someone please provide it for me.

Thanks,

Mary

We usually sail on Royal Caribbean and have a cruise booked for June. While onboard I'd like to buy a next cruise certificate (?called open passages on Celebrity) for a cruise in September. Celebrity is a possibility but we'd be hoping for an "Exciting Deal" - would an "open passage" Celebrity certificate be valid for this? Thanks:)

Archived