Frustrated with Norwegian

Sov1

Why don't you post something on NCL's Facebook page? Many of these big companies have someone get in touch with you real fast when you post on the companies FB or Twitter page. If you know for certain the phone was turned in to the Service desk, there is really no reason for it not be have been found. Especially since it appears from tripgirls post, they KNOW the person turned the phone in to Guest Relations.

There are exceptions of course - I am sure that room stewards find items left behind and maybe they have a different path to try and get these items back to their owners.

Don't be too sure of that. My friend left her jewelry on an NCL ship when she disembarked. She left it in a nighstand drawer and knew she left it there when she got home, unpacked and realized she forgot to take it out of the drawer. Once she realized it when she got home, she contacted NCL who contacted the ship and said nothing was turned in. She posted on FB, and she even e-mailed Andy Stewart (yes, she has his private e-mail), who also contacted the ship crew on her behalf and the jewerly was never turned in. NCL claims they questioned the room steward and he found nothing. The cabin she was in was not occupied on the sailing after hers - so who else could have found it but someone who was in the cabin cleaning?

Luckily her home owners insurance covered the loss, but one of the items she lost was her mothers wedding ring, so the sentimental value couldn't be replaced. But I can't figure out why people take good jewelry with them when they travel anyway. I have no one to impress that I feel I need to bring good jewelry with me.

Sorry it took so long to get you an answer. DS checked with Reception and your son's phone was on the ship until Miami where it was off-loaded prior to the Spirit going to Europe. Your best bet now is probably to write to the main office at: NCL, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126

I would also write on the envelope "Lost & Found" and fully describe the phone in your mail. Hopefully they can track it down for you there.

Sorry it wasn't still on the Spirit. DS could have just brought it back with him today and we could have mailed it to you. I hope you are able to get it back.

Sorry it took so long to get you an answer. DS checked with Reception and your son's phone was on the ship until Miami where it was off-loaded prior to the Spirit going to Europe. Your best bet now is probably to write to the main office at: NCL, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126.

This is so incredible! Only on CC can you get this kind of help!

Sorry it took so long to get you an answer. DS checked with Reception and your son's phone was on the ship until Miami where it was off-loaded prior to the Spirit going to Europe. Your best bet now is probably to write to the main office at: NCL, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126

I would also write on the envelope "Lost & Found" and fully describe the phone in your mail. Hopefully they can track it down for you there.

Sorry it wasn't still on the Spirit. DS could have just brought it back with him today and we could have mailed it to you. I hope you are able to get it back.

Is there such a thing as a post-cruise S.T.Y.L.E. card because your DS deserves one!

Crew mom, thanks for your effort in getting the OP his cellphone back. This is what CC is really all about.

OP: In your letter to 'lost and phone' include an imagine of the model of phone you are looking for. Might make it easier to find that way. I did this with a suitcase once and Delta airlines. Not only did they find the case but delivered it to my door. Good Luck!

So sad this thread turned a little nasty but at least it's still here and maybe there still is hope for the OP.

I don't make phone calls with my camera, I take pictures. I also don't take pictures with my phone, I make phone calls. .

:D Not too often you and I see things the same way, Seashark. But I do have to say I can totally relate to this statement. ;)

This is so incredible! Only on CC can you get this kind of help!

Glad to help whenever possible.

Is there such a thing as a post-cruise S.T.Y.L.E. card because your DS deserves one!

LOL! Sure is! Kevin Sheehan, C/O NCL, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126 :D

Crew mom, thanks for your effort in getting the OP his cellphone back. This is what CC is really all about.

OP: In your letter to 'lost and phone' include an imagine of the model of phone you are looking for. Might make it easier to find that way. I did this with a suitcase once and Delta airlines. Not only did they find the case but delivered it to my door. Good Luck!

So sad this thread turned a little nasty but at least it's still here and maybe there still is hope for the OP.

No problem and I agree with your comments.

Now that's cruisecritic in action! :)

It's a shame that this thread turned so ugly. I've really learned a lot from these boards, and I am truly happy to be a part of the CC family for the most part, however there is a definitive lack of respect and a need by some to always be the opposing voice (almost a dependancy really).

It really is nobodies business that your son has a cell phone, however unnecessary one may feel cell phones are. There are far worse vices one might have ... gambling, drinking, smoking, bullying to name a few. As for cell phones being necessary...are televisions and computers necessary? Nope, yet it seems like some CC members have a full time job on their computers patroling these boards for anyone who will say anything against NCL.

OP - I'm glad to see that you did get some caring responses. I hope you find your son's phone. I think everyone has lost something at one point in their life.

Archived