All Things LEGEND

EMc&DrS

Ah yes.. The great guy in the lobby who pushed a button and attempted to sing along. No one paid him any attention that I saw either. I said to my daughter that he needed to retire - I guess we think alike!

We had Kirk a few times as our CD when we sailed the Pride. I did like him. The shows were new to us - Jazz Hot and The Big Easy. We thought they were very good.

We liked the Jazz Hot show as well. The piano player in Billies was good as well but the place was always empty. Too bad he didnt get the atrium. WWe went to see him several times.

We had Kirk as a Cd on our June 3 cruise. We liked him well enough but TJ ( I think he was asst. CD was very good!)

Edited by Malinger

We need to know what's on the menu the first night in the MDR.

We have never sailed under the Skyway Bridge and have early dining.

If it's the same old, same old, we will skip the MDR and stay up on deck.

I don't remember the main course BUT it is the only night they have creme brulee:D

dot

The 1st night I got sweet and sour shrimp. It was very good. My hubby and boys came to dinner late after watching the bridge. We had only family at our tables so it did not affect others. It seemed that on the 1st night many other people were late also.

Thanks for starting this thread. My husband and I will be on the Legend for the Baltic intinerary in July 2013. We sailed on the Miracle a couple of years ago so are familiar with the ship's layout, but it's great to see photos, especially since Carnival's web site has changed and you can't get the virtual tours anymore. I'm delighted that there's a Serenity area on this ship. We've never experienced that before. I hope it's enforced. It's nice to have someplace to get away from kids.

Thanks for starting this thread. My husband and I will be on the Legend for the Baltic intinerary in July 2013. We sailed on the Miracle a couple of years ago so are familiar with the ship's layout, but it's great to see photos, especially since Carnival's web site has changed and you can't get the virtual tours anymore. I'm delighted that there's a Serenity area on this ship. We've never experienced that before. I hope it's enforced. It's nice to have someplace to get away from kids.

Might want to get that out of your system.

On two summer cruises with lots of kids on board, we've never experienced a problem with kids in Serenity--even with both being close to the water slide area.

Malinger, Thank You for the comments re: the piano player in Billies - the PB simply does not get pushed on the Legend as much as the other venues on the ship, but I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Alan is into his last fortnight on the ship now, as yet no word as to who replaces him. For any PB enthusiasts I will post that info as soon as I have it.

Hellen x

I have really enjoyed this thread. We will be cruising on the Legend for the 4th time in Oct.

Legend is our favorite. I don't know why but it just seems to be the friendliest of all the Carnival ships we have been on.

And I am glad to hear where to find the sushi now. If I hadn't read the thread I might have missed it.

Here is a video I made today of our Jun 3 cruise. It is my first attempt at video and editing so be kind. Hope you guys like!

A link to the full review for those who missed it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1621665

Hi Nate,

loved the video

Funny because I have 2 upcoming cruises booked with Carnival.

Feb 2013 - we are on the Glory but are doing a similar Itinary that you had.

The in May 2013- we are on the legend.

Loved your underwater stuff........ what kind of camera are you using for that ?

Malinger, Thank You for the comments re: the piano player in Billies - the PB simply does not get pushed on the Legend as much as the other venues on the ship, but I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Alan is into his last fortnight on the ship now, as yet no word as to who replaces him. For any PB enthusiasts I will post that info as soon as I have it.

Hellen x

Hellen : I'm sorry we'll miss Alan in 2 weeks. Please let us know where Alan lands. We really enjoy the piano bars and hope his replacement is as talented as your husband.

We need to know what's on the menu the first night in the MDR.

We have never sailed under the Skyway Bridge and have early dining.

If it's the same old, same old, we will skip the MDR and stay up on deck.

You sail under the Sunshine Skyway at exactly 6:30pm.... half hour past early dining. We go up to the mini golf deck to watch... awesome sight.

Hi Nate,

loved the video

Funny because I have 2 upcoming cruises booked with Carnival.

Feb 2013 - we are on the Glory but are doing a similar Itinary that you had.

The in May 2013- we are on the legend.

Thanks!

Loved your underwater stuff........ what kind of camera are you using for that ?

I am using a canon S95 with Canon under water hoousing. I did a lot of research and it got great reviews by Scuba guys and Photo guys. I shoot a Canon DSLR for many of the pics in the vid but the underwater stuff was with the S95. The S100 is out and has been for awhile so you can find the S95 alot cheaper than it used to be. The S100 did not get great reviews BTW.

I will keep an eye out for your review!

Edited by Malinger

Sorry for the double post guys but I have the Funtimes from our June 3rd cruise scanned available by email. If you want a copy let me know your email address and I will send it to you. :D On second thought send me an email request and I will send it out to you. That way this thread doesnt get cluttered with requests. My address is panhandle@hotmail.com

Edited by Malinger

I just booked the Legend for February 24, 2013, and I must say, after looking at all these posts, I am getting SUPER excited! I look forward to reading the reviews of those who are sailing before me. Thank you to the OP for starting this thread! :D

We sailed on the Legend earlier this year and are scheduled to sail again on the Legend in early 13. We were excited to find the new serenity deck this year and saw this as a quantum leap forward in the on board experience for adults.

Unfortunatly we shied away from the area as the maintenance of the deck equipment was deplorable on this most recent cruise. Primarily the cushions were filthy, stained and often poorly maintained. Many were torn and stains were everywhere making it a nicely developed but undesirable location to hang out.

Has anyone been on that deck recently and observed the condition of the equipment? Has maintenance improved? We'd like to hang there but would prefer a cleaner and more sanitary exerience than what we ran into. It left a dissapointing memory.

Thanks for any updates.

We were on the Legend early May of this year. Visited Serenity a few times, but only briefly. The only attraction for us was the hammocks which were always in use. I noticed no cleanliness or repair issues. I found the entire ship clean and well maintained. Late in the cruise someone vandalized the ship by scratching graffiti into the mirrored surfaces in some elevators and that will likely not buff out.

Edited by BeneClone

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this was posted on this thread, but if you are interested in seeing the Legend in Tampa, check out the live Tampa Webcam.

http://cam01.hillsboroughcounty.org/user/JViewer.html

I have been checking it out today and it is very exciting to see the Legend docked in Tampa--especially knowing we will be on it in a few weeks. I want to be sure to watch the 4:00 sailaway!

Edited by dz63