All Things LEGEND

EMc&DrS

It has "Urns" all over it...the decor. Nothing scary at all! I'm "back" on it on the 7th for the TA...we'll get all the kinks out of it before your Baltic cruise. ;)

Look thru this pictorial review and you'll see some of them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270

Hi, I am booked on the Legend in June (med)

With the Izapod issues she has been having , I will feel better after her crossing.

I wish a great TA....... can you please come back and post after your TA and let us know how it went.

Thanks

I have recently put together a video of our memories onboard the Carnival Legend.

The Carnival Legend is decorated in a "legend" theme. Throughout the Legends 12 decks are creative custom-made pieces and artwork depicting historical, legendary and mythical characters and stories . . . and since it is decorated in an ornately neo-classical design, Greek-style urns are everywhere!

To see our photos and video clips of the Legend, click on the link below:

(Length: 15:34)

Nice! Thank you!

Hi, I am booked on the Legend in June (med)

With the Izapod issues she has been having , I will feel better after her crossing.

I wish a great TA....... can you please come back and post after your TA and let us know how it went.

Thanks

Will try to remember to get back here. We have a very active roll call, so I imagine there will be plenty of posting when we get home. :)

The urns are throughout, i was a little worried my Mom might not like the decor, she never mentioned the urns but loved the theme of the ship, as did I.

At the Steakhouse...

DSC00335-vi.jpg

Mom checking out some legends...she knew who most of the legendary actors were.

DSC00374-vi.jpg

Planning to book tomorrow. Been looking at deck plans, pictures and you tube. I can tell the legend has the serenity adults only pool.

Does it have flat screen TV in the cabins yet?

Does it have any of the new food places such a guys burgers?

I called carnival and the phone answer-er did it had the big screen by the pool. Didn't see it in any pictures I found.

Trying to decide on mid ship or aft balcony. Hubby likes to make a quick coffee run when the mood hits him.

I have recently put together a video of our memories onboard the Carnival Legend.

The Carnival Legend is decorated in a "legend" theme. Throughout the Legends 12 decks are creative custom-made pieces and artwork depicting historical, legendary and mythical characters and stories . . . and since it is decorated in an ornately neo-classical design, Greek-style urns are everywhere!

To see our photos and video clips of the Legend, click on the link below:

(Length: 15:34)

Really enjoyed your video! Thank you for making it and posting!

Just booked the Legend for August with the friends and family promotion. For our cruise, the balcony and the extended balconies on deck seven are the same price. Our carnival agent told us to take a regular midship balcony vs the extended because he said the extended are pushed back into the ship and the sight lines are not as good from the extended. Is it true? Is the view from the regular balcony better? I would think an extended balcony would be better. They are usually more money. Do they have lounge chairs?

Planning to book tomorrow. Been looking at deck plans, pictures and you tube. I can tell the legend has the serenity adults only pool. Yes and it is wonderful, whirlpool and shower, too.

Does it have flat screen TV in the cabins yet? No

Does it have any of the new food places such a guys burgers? No, only new thing is Taste Bar, open 4 evenings on a 7-night and located next to Satchmo's Lounge

I called carnival and the phone answer-er did it had the big screen by the pool. Didn't see it in any pictures I found. No outdoor large screen TV at pool

Trying to decide on mid ship or aft balcony. Hubby likes to make a quick coffee run when the mood hits him.

Mid would be convenient to go up to Lido for coffee. We were more forward but close to the elevators and it was pretty convenient, too.

Just booked the Legend for August with the friends and family promotion. For our cruise, the balcony and the extended balconies on deck seven are the same price. Our carnival agent told us to take a regular midship balcony vs the extended because he said the extended are pushed back into the ship and the sight lines are not as good from the extended. Is it true? Is the view from the regular balcony better? I would think an extended balcony would be better. They are usually more money. Do they have lounge chairs?

We are booked in 6234. It is an extended balcony and was the same price as a regular balcony. We were in this one in Jan. '12 also. LOVED IT! The balcony was looooong, had 2 lounge chairs plus little tables and regular chairs. We booked this cruise a year out to have that same cabin.

Yes, it's set in a bit, but it didn't bother us. We looked (directly) down on a life boat; but sitting you looked out and saw ocean. You are a deck higher so your view looking out should be even better. The balcony to the left of us did set out, but the one on our right was even with us.

Personally, I'd take the extended...but that's because we love the long balcony with lounges. We'd order room service and spend many quality hours out there reading, napping, etc. It is a steal, imo. :)

Thank you danacat for answering my questions. We booked midship balcony near the atrium elevators.

We were on the legend in 2008 extended balcony in the very front and it was a hike to everywhere.

We are hoping for a fun piano bar and some good comedians.

It has "Urns" all over it...the decor. Nothing scary at all! I'm "back" on it on the 7th for the TA...we'll get all the kinks out of it before your Baltic cruise. ;)

Look thru this pictorial review and you'll see some of them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270

Thank you very much for your clarification message. I was thinking it may be because the passengers/clients were a shade away from the 'urn' accommodation.:o:o

Glad we got that one out of the way then.

Michael:D:D

Has anyone seen anything else about the propulsion problems...We are not on until Sept. 1 so I'm sure it will be fine by then..Dennis

Check out this thread. It's the latest update I've seen:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1817301

It says everything will be fixed before the TA. :D

We are booked in 6234. It is an extended balcony and was the same price as a regular balcony. We were in this one in Jan. '12 also. LOVED IT! The balcony was looooong, had 2 lounge chairs plus little tables and regular chairs. We booked this cruise a year out to have that same cabin.

Yes, it's set in a bit, but it didn't bother us. We looked (directly) down on a life boat; but sitting you looked out and saw ocean. You are a deck higher so your view looking out should be even better. The balcony to the left of us did set out, but the one on our right was even with us.

Personally, I'd take the extended...but that's because we love the long balcony with lounges. We'd order room service and spend many quality hours out there reading, napping, etc. It is a steal, imo. :)

You're describing one of the bowling alley balconies. Yes, they're long, but most extendeds aren't anywhere near that long. An extended balcony is usually the same width as a regular balcony and 18" deeper. There are a few, like you describe, but those get snatched up quickly because you get the huge balcony at an extended balcony price. I have one of those reserved for our upcoming Baltic cruise. Can't wait! :D

Did you post a thread about this? If so, I answered you there, but I'll answer here as well. Whenever we cruise on a Spirit-class ship--and our upcoming Baltic cruise will be our sixth time on one--we book an extended balcony. The only time the regular balconies disrupt the view is if you're one or two cabins from the bump out. Personally, I'd much rather have an extended than a regular--on a regular you have to crawl over anyone else on the balcony if you want to get past them (well, our family is tall, so maybe it's just us, but I love the extra room!).

It's weird to me that your PVP would tell you that. If that's really the case then why would people pay more for them than they pay for regular balconies? LOL

Did you post a thread about this? If so, I answered you there, but I'll answer here as well. Whenever we cruise on a Spirit-class ship--and our upcoming Baltic cruise will be our sixth time on one--we book an extended balcony. The only time the regular balconies disrupt the view is if you're one or two cabins from the bump out. Personally, I'd much rather have an extended than a regular--on a regular you have to crawl over anyone else on the balcony if you want to get past them (well, our family is tall, so maybe it's just us, but I love the extra room!).

It's weird to me that your PVP would tell you that. If that's really the case then why would people pay more for them than they pay for regular balconies? LOL

Thank you. The extended that he booked first was dead center of the extended balconies. I thought it was weird too. We are going on the Baltic cruise that departs 8/20. I will call back and change it.

Thank you! I'll call and change it!

Posted On Carnival's Facebook

Carnival Cruise Lines

"We have been advised that the Carnival Legend will be repaired before April 7th, and the vessel’s power, propulsion and back-up generator systems will all be fully operational for the Transatlantic voyage." – Mischelle

Edited by ShotoJuku

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

quick question.

Are there fridges in the rooms ? Yes.

ps - Legend has now started the TA to Europe. Hope the "power" issues are resolved.

Yes, we were in an OV room and we had a mini fridge.