All Things LEGEND

EMc&DrS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just noticed that the Legend is scheduled for Dry-dok in 2013 ( but there is no exact date). If anyone is sailing her soon, can you ask on board.

We are sailing on the Legend January 26th 2014. We sail on the last week before the drydock starts on Feb.2nd for 2 weeks.

This thread is great for all of us about to sail. Thanks for starting it!

For those Canadians out there who have sailed on the Legend recently, I have a question. When we sailed on her in 2011, we had to gather in the theater on the last morning to do a customs check ( for lack of a better description ). Do they still do this?

• 2 weeks later...
Describe the theatre, please.

Are you inquiring about a description of the actual theatre or the entertainment? If you are referring to a description of the theatre, I will go ahead and answer that.

The main show lounge on the Carnival Legend is called the Follies Lounge and is named to remember the day of theatre from the 1920’s.

IMG_4415.jpg

The Follies Lounge is 3 decks high and designed to mimic an Italian courtyard.

follieslounge.png

The staircase between the upper and lower levels of the Follies Lounge.

IMG_4416.jpg

The Firebird Lounge is the Legend's second show lounge and is located below the Follies Lounge. This is the lounge where the comedy shows are held.

The Firebird Lounge is decorated in a traditional Russian style.

IMG_4387.jpg

The Firebird Lounge depicts artwork found on Russian lacquer boxes.

IMG_4390.jpg

The Firebird Lounge gets its name from a Russian Legend, "The Firebird" and this story is depicted in photos.

IMG_4388.jpg

We are sailing on the Legend January 26th 2014. We sail on the last week before the drydock starts on Feb.2nd for 2 weeks.

This thread is great for all of us about to sail. Thanks for starting it!

For those Canadians out there who have sailed on the Legend recently' date=' I have a question. When we sailed on her in 2011, we had to gather in the theater on the last morning to do a customs check ( for lack of a better description ). Do they still do this?[/quote']

It's more the port, Tampa, then the ship. The Tampa port customs makes all the international people process out first.

For those Canadians out there who have sailed on the Legend recently' date=' I have a question. When we sailed on her in 2011, we had to gather in the theater on the last morning to do a customs check ( for lack of a better description ). Do they still do this?[/quote']

Yes, they still do this. We were on the Legend last summer and we're required to meet in the Follies Lounge at 7:30 am for a mandatory customs inspection.

Just booked my BFF and myself for an April 2014 sailing. We are trying to convince another friend to come along for a girls' cruise, mainly to help split the cost of our balcony (!) but either way, we're very excited to check out the Legend. It's still ages away, though, so luckily I have a December getaway on the Ecstasy to look forward to as well.

I just noticed that the Legend is scheduled for Dry-dok in 2013 ( but there is no exact date). If anyone is sailing her soon, can you ask on board.

They may have an idea of when it may be ....... or when it is DEFINETLY not going to be.

I am booked Europe - May 2013.

I actually e-mailed carnival regarding this last week because my fiance and I are most likely going to book the Legend for our honeymoon next year. The Legend will be in dry dock from 02/02/14-02/16/14 for 2.0 upgrades.

Yes, they still do this. We were on the Legend last summer and we're required to meet in the Follies Lounge at 7:30 am for a mandatory customs inspection.

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for updating us. We always wondered why this one port made us gather pre-debark? We have an earlier than normal flight ( 11:30am ), so we are kind of nervous about that. Hopefully all goes well with the customs inspection and everyone gets there on time. Once again, thank you!

I actually e-mailed carnival regarding this last week because my fiance and I are most likely going to book the Legend for our honeymoon next year. The Legend will be in dry dock from 02/02/14-02/16/14 for 2.0 upgrades.

Does this mean that the Legend will be getting Guy's burgers after it comes out of dry dock?

• 1 month later...
I have a couple of questions. Someone said on this thread you could order food while in the Serenity area. Have others experienced that as well?

Also, we are in an aft wrap. How close are the elevators?

I've seen signs that boxed lunches are available I think on sea days. Never had it when I went there.

Aft wrap is 13 cabins from elevator.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

• 3 weeks later...

My theory on the Legend Cheers discount is because it's still in Europe and when the ship returns to the USA the price will go up to be in line with the other ships. It's not verified, confirmed, or official. It's strictly my observation and theory. Sunshine is also said to be lower and is in Europe as well. So it makes sense, but I could be wrong.