May 5th 2012 Explorer of the Seas

bday in bermuda

Leaving from Bayonne NJ to Bermuda....From upstate NY [Catskills] and so looking forward to cruising....will arrive in bermuda on my birthday which makes it even more fun and exciting! Have a beach day planned for Snorkel Beach....anyone ever been?

Might go over to the ports of call Bermuda board and see if anyone has any thoughts.

Leaving from Bayonne NJ to Bermuda....From upstate NY [Catskills] and so looking forward to cruising....will arrive in bermuda on my birthday which makes it even more fun and exciting! Have a beach day planned for Snorkel Beach....anyone ever been?

JMHO, but if you want to spend time at a Bermuda beach, don't waste your time at Snorkel Park Beach. Again, JMHO, but the only thing that SPB has going for it is the closeness to the cruise ship. SPB is atypical of Bermuda beaches; it is man made and you won't get pink sand between your toes.

I would suggest taking the bus and spending your beach time at Horseshoe Bay Beach; it is absolutely beautiful.

video; now compare that to a
video.

SBtS

I second that motion. Snorkle Park is OK if you want to stay near the ship but Horseshoe is the better choice for a Bermuda beach. There is an express bus that takes you right to the beach right off the ship. Invest in the Transportation pass for the day. Is it a one day stop in Bermuda? Still a better choice to go to Horseshoe.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I agree with others. Snorkle park is a man-made beach and now that they charge to get in and for everything else in there, it is so not worth spending any time there.

Thank you all for the review of SPB....$120.00 may be well spent at the bar having a few island cocktails....will have to rethink this one....I researched further and of course, I found paying the bus on land is like half the price than buying it as an advanced ticket.

First, happy birthday! We're going to be on the same sailing, and it's my birthday on Sunday :) It's the second time we've chosen to celebrate the day in Bermuda via a cruise!

We're doing Horseshoe Bay the 2nd day in Bermuda. We figured that we'd get up early that morning, since it's so close by and spend a few hours there and then do a bit of shopping at Kings Wharf - I want to hit up the Glassworks again, they do stunning work there. Since we've both been to Bermuda before (me 2x, him once before) we're not in any hurry to go nuts chasing around the island - we've seen quite a bit of it already. We saving the first full day for things which require more time; going to head out to the caves since he's never been there (I have but do want to go back) and I think we'll probably hit another beach on the way back although not sure which one yet.

Weather can be hit or miss early May so we're not going to necessarily swim; it's more to just hang out and relax and take photos and such. Although last time we were there was in 2010 and the weather was unbelievably gorgeous; went on a snorkeling tour to a private island (this was on NCL); such a perfect day and we were there for 3 days since it was a week cruise that time.

Sivyaleah,

Thanks for the b-day wishes and a happy birthday to you as well....It sounds like you have a great itinerary going on. I'm hoping for some nice weather. It snowed just two days ago and It's the end of April. I want sun and fun and I will have to test the waters out for sure. My sister will just work on her tan.

I am re-thinking snorkel park beach for sure and I just may cancel that and check out the others as suggested. All I know is that whereever I land, I have a cocktail in hand! Salute and here's to a great cruise and a happy birthday to us!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thank you all for the review of SPB....$120.00 may be well spent at the bar having a few island cocktails....will have to rethink this one....I researched further and of course, I found paying the bus on land is like half the price than buying it as an advanced ticket.

Wait a minute, what exactly were you paying $120 for? Please, please tell me it wasn't a ship's excursion to snorkle park!!!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Lover my Boxer, is there any beach where I can rent a beach chair that isn't a low sand chair? I know I can't do it at Horseshoe. Any place else? Also, can I contact you off this board?

I don't remember seeing any chairs that aren't low at any beach. I'm trying to remember if Clearwater beach had any, but I don't think so. Sorry! What about one of those folding chairs that fit in a bag and you can carry over your shoulder??? You can e-mail me at daysend13 @ verizon dot net.

I don't remember seeing any chairs that aren't low at any beach. I'm trying to remember if Clearwater beach had any, but I don't think so. Sorry! What about one of those folding chairs that fit in a bag and you can carry over your shoulder??? You can e-mail me at daysend13 @ verizon dot net.

They had really nice affordable Tommy Bahama ones at Costco last week.

They had really nice affordable Tommy Bahama ones at Costco last week.

Thank you. Those look very nice, but are still too low, I think. I already have a higher one with a carrying case and will use that. Lovermyboxer, check your email.

Archived