What to pack in carryon?

kwagmyre

I'm trying to decide what to put in our carry on luggage, and what to leave out. Here's what I have so far:

Docs (including passports), wine (required in carryon), basic toiletries, sanitizing wipes (for initial wipedown of cabin), hand sanitizer, small first aid kit (mostly for basic OTC medications), prescription meds, cameras/nooks/netbook/mp3/electronics, girl products, sunscreen, eyeglasses, cell phones and chargers, rainjackets/ponchos, small towel, snack bars, 2 water bottles (we're going in June, it will be hot).

Anything else I'm missing, or can afford to trim out?

I'm trying to decide what to put in our carry on luggage, and what to leave out. Here's what I have so far:

Docs (including passports), wine (required in carryon), basic toiletries, sanitizing wipes (for initial wipedown of cabin), hand sanitizer, small first aid kit (mostly for basic OTC medications), prescription meds, cameras/nooks/netbook/mp3/electronics, girl products, sunscreen, eyeglasses, cell phones and chargers, rainjackets/ponchos, small towel, snack bars, 2 water bottles (we're going in June, it will be hot).

Put all jewelry and make up in your carryon...jewelry because it can be valuable to replace, makeup incase one of your suitcases gets lost...

And all of the above is assuming you are not flying, or you can axe some of that list above.

If this were my list I would not put my rainjackets/ponchos, small towel, first aid kit or snack bars/water bottles in my carryon...If it is raining, you could always stay inside. Once you get on the ship, there is plenty to eat/drink so you don't need to bring anything...security usually won't let you bring open bottles of water through anyway...if not open, fine, but the terminals are air conditioned and usually provide water...first aid kit...I think a band aid and an alcohol pad would be sufficient in a purse just in case...

Personnally, I would remove the toiletries, first aid kit (but not the prescriptions), chargers, rainjacket towel, snack bars, and water bottles. Then I would leave all the electronics at home other than the camera, and my cell phone would be turned off.

I definitely wouldn't bother with ponchos and rain coats. Definitely take makeup. No girl wants to be without that :p.

I am so thankful I don't wear make up. I don't know how you girls do it, it seems so tedious!

Extra packing space for me! :D

Will you have luggage other than your carry-on? If so -- you don't need the first aid kit,rain jackets/ponches in your carry-on. Along with the rest of what you listed, the carry-on should be packed with stuff you'd need for the first few hours on the ship until the rest of your luggage gets to your cabin...and perhaps a change of clothes if you have any doubt about the rest of the luggage showing up.

We probably need to clarify whether we're talking about ship carry-on and/or flight carry-on. For those of us flying, we have to acknowledge the possibility that checked luggage might not be there - having enough to get by in the carry-on is good practice; also, the most costly or difficult to replace in port.

my airplane carry on

-docs.

-passports

-IDs

-meds

-valuables

-cameras

-Ipod

-Ipad

-treats (gum to help with ears)

-sunglasses

-cellphone with hotel # programmed in it for shuttle

-cruise folder with all important papers, #s, reciepts, etc.

3 boys will have

-handheld games

-treats

-books

-ipods

-jackets

Cruise carry on (backpack for hubby and boys) Hoping to only need 2 bags. Purse for me rolling bag for 5 12 packs of water and pop

-water, pop

-docs.

-passports, IDs

-cameras

-meds

-bathing suits (and goggles for kids)

-handheld games for kids

-makeup

-sunscreen

-valuables

-sunglasses for all

-cruise folder

We have 3 boys 12 year old twins and a 3 year old. we will all have a carry on for the plane (backpacks) but for the ship we will limit it due to the pop and water.

we are cruising with 21 people all together. Thank goodness I only have to pack for us 5.

Fo

Power Strip

If you are taking a power strip and/or extension cord (as I plan to), does this HAVE to be in the carry on? What I mean is, is there some sort of "rule" about this, like for the wine? I was planning on putting this in the checked luggage, but I have heard different things about power strips/extension cords being confiscated. (I am assuming that's usually a two vs. three prong issue, but that's only an assumption on my part.)

Archived