beach in St Maarteen

We've been to Orient Beach a few times, and the nudity if ok with us - but I agree with the above post about the crowds. It has become more built up and more crowded over the years.

It is a long, narrow and winding road from the port to Orient with frequent accidents and break-downs that can hold up your return to the ship in a timely manner. If you go to Orient, plan ahead and allow extra time for traveling back to the ship.

So many other beaches to choose from, unless you particularly want to visit Orient, I would choose one of the others.....

We went to Maho beach to watch the planes come in. Very interesting. I had looked at some photos/videos before we went on our cruise, but didn't realize how SMALL the beach was. Seriously, it is very narrow strip of beach. Tons of people there, so very crowded. We ate in a restaurant there and then spent some time on the beach. I do have a few photos of the this day in my Victory review in my sig. The thing is though, I was so fascinated when the big planes came in, I didnt get photos of those. We had rented ATV's that day, so we didn't stay very long, we went on to more sightseeing then. We did get some beautiful photos of St. Martin overall though. It was a nice and memorable day.

Funny story!! When my daughter was 5, she was invited to swimming party by a little French girl at her school. Her mom sent me a couple of pics later. The friend had just her bottoms on and my daughter told me "That's her French bathing suit".:)

We thought Maho beach was exciting to watch the planes and get some pictures, but Orient beach was beautiful.

If you can be ok with your kids maybe seeing some nudity, I'd go with that, otherwise just go to the ports of call boards and see what they say for family beaches, they had jet skis for rent too on Orient beach.

Carole

Funny story!! When my daughter was 5, she was invited to swimming party by a little French girl at her school. Her mom sent me a couple of pics later. The friend had just her bottoms on and my daughter told me "That's her French bathing suit".:)

That is perfect. At 5 your daughter got what some people 10 times her age haven't gotten yet. :D

Archived