Los Angeles Disembarkation Questions

T739

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has disembarked in Los Angeles. What time were you able to get off the ship? How long to clear customs and get to LAX?

Thanks.

You should take your airline itenarary to the pursers desk at the last night of your trip, and explain and show him your paperwork for your air travel and then maybe that can make arrangements for you to be one of the first off the ship... That's what i'm gonna do

The big hold-up appeared to be people waiting for baggage claim. We just walked off the ship (with all our stuff in hand), stood in a short line (2 families ahead) for immigration, walked past the people waiting for their stuff and handed our declaration form to a bored customs official. Ten, twelve minutes from the gangway until we were out of the dome and at the shuttle stop.

I forgot when we left the ship, but we were in the Valley by noonish. That was taking the Metro Blue and Red Lines.

Last Spring did self-assist debarkation off the PRIDE. Rolled off the ship around 9:30, in parking garage by 9:45 and home by about 10:30.

Had I been taking a bus or cab to LAX would have been a tad sooner.

With the new pier Carnival has in Long Beach, embarkation and debarkation is a breeze in my opinion, although there have been some posts when every now and then the crew has to pass thru immigration and everything is delayed for hours. :(

Taking your plane tickets to the purser sometime during the cruise will give them a headsup on your requirements and this will allow you to be among the first to leave the ship when debarking.

With the new security requirements at our airports, I wouldn't book a flight out of LAX any earlier than 1:30, but that's me. :)

Archived