Ways for others to gift excursions and OBC?

I know RCI has the "honeymoon registry" but as this is not BF and my honeymoon that feels awkward. BF and I are going on our cruise this summer in celebration of my completing my doctorate. My mom just suggested that I give her some options for small gifts people might be able to give me for my graduation. I don't really need much and I really don't do well with physical gifts so the best thing someone could give us would be an excursion while we're on our cruise or OBC so we can do more (or heck, an upgrade to the balcony we want, but that's real wishful thinking as that's $1000!). But is there a way for someone to do that and let us know they did (card in our cabin or something)?

Thoughts?

Your mom can go out to RCI's "Gifts and Gear" page and get you gift certificates, or order virtually any gift directly from that site. As long as she knows your ship and cruise date, she should be able to find a variety of gifts. If she doesn't kno wthe sail date,Gift Certificates can be applied to any cruise.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/landing.do?pagename=gifts_and_gear&cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=8

Our kids have gravitated to just giving us RCI gift certificates for B-days, Holidays, etc., because they can never get us to tell them what we want, and they're never sure when we're sailing.

Cruise Vacation Gift Certificates

s.gif

The Gift of Adventure: Purchase a cruise gift certificate for a friend or relative to be applied toward the cost of a cruise or onboard credit for spa treatments, gift shop, bar, specialty restaurants, and more. Amazing new places, unforgettable experiences, innovative onboard activities... Be ready for a giant bear hug and a slew of thank-yous.

If you would like to purchase an On-board credit for an existing reservation, please call 800-722-5443. (Gift Certificates cannot be applied to sailings within 10 days.) "

debrycruise, the RC gift certificates are sold in USD increments of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $1500, $1700, and $2000. They cannot be redeemed onboard, so be sure to redeem them at least 10 business days prior to the sail date. OBC (item #651) can be purchased in any amount by calling (800) 722-5443. Congrats on the doctorate! :)

• 3 months later...

The simplest way is for your family & friends to order Onboard Credit for you...no gift certificate to be redeemed..and there will be a card waiting in your cabin informing you of the giver & amount...

If I have the correct web site, my wife and I are booked in 1630 for 3-3-13.

This is to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary.

Congrats...but I don't think you are on the right web site...

• 1 month later...

I don't know for sure, but I think I read where you can get an actual certificate that can be redeemed for payment of the cruise or for OBC once you are on the ship. I looked on the web site for that option (as well as just the OBC), and I couldn't find it.

If you purchase a gift certificate do they mail it to you? Or is it sent by email? How long does it take if sent through mail?

The email it for free or they can mail a certificate. I don't remember the exact cost but it was a couple of dollars. It should be listed on the website on one of the above posts

The can be used towards the cruise price or for OBC. Like stated above they MUST be applied prior to sailing.

Archived