Towel Test FAIL

JAMESFALLETTA

Ewww why would you wipe urine up with a towel?!! Surey you would use tissues or toilet roll for that and then dispose of it rather than something that would be re-used??? Gross!

Because that wouldn't be 'green'. :) Reduce, reuse, recycle! Also, the paper is thin, and dependant on who the culprit was it may need something with more substance! Just saying.........experience with 4 boys.:eek: The girls are fine.

teajak- I'm sure I will laugh about it someday too!

You know, I'm just evil enough to have summoned the cabin steward and requested fresh towels explaining that the ones left in the room were used and you know this because a spot was left from the prior use. It would just make him/her aware that you are watching. It could have been done in a non-threatening way and you would have been assured of fresh towels going forward.

Just saying, that taking care of the problem would have been more satisfactory then knowing about it and still having the problem. BTW, used that trick for any number of things (marking something to make sure it got cleaned, replaced, etc).

OMG are you serious...again I pose the question...who are you sharing a cabin with...I would certainly hope that the towel on the floor was used previously by you or your other half...you act like the towels were used by some homeless person - more than likely it's the person you're sleeping with, do you find them disgusting?

If my towel is on the floor, I want it replaced, no matter who used it. I don't care if it fell there unused. There's no 5 second rule for me. And sometimes, yeah, even the most fabulous man (or woman, to be fair) will have hygiene issues that defy belief.

And I've sailed with friends - I prefer to keep my germs in my family and would appreciate their doing the same.:p

On our Azamara Journey PC crossing in 2009, we had a Sky Suite, so three people in and out of our cabin at cleaning time. Not one of them could be bothered to change the water glasses in the bathroom. I didn't notice for a day or two, then realized that there were lip marks all over my glass (in my shade of lipstick; I suppose I should be thankful for small favors). I put the glass in the cabin, and it vanished with no replacement. So I called the head butler to ask him to ensure that we had clean glasses daily. It happened, but I don't think I should have had to ask. I'd have been happier with the plastic glasses that come in a seal. The energy saved by not having to wash the glasses might offset the landfill.

For those who are not aware, OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) can be a serious psychological condition, affecting some people's ability to function in everyday life. The OP made it clear that this was a one-time experiment, not a compulsive behavior pattern. I'm not trying to accuse anyone who innocently does this of being insensitive, but referring to OCD in this way is akin to referring to someone as retarded. I'm sure no offense was intended.

To clear up any misconceptions, it's not like someone placed a large, indelible mark on the towel, forcing the steward to do extra work to try to clean it. The whole idea was to leave a mark that would not be seen by anyone unless they were looking for it. And it was on the label, not the towel itself.

Thank you for saying this. I have an immediate family member who truly suffers from OCD and the key word is 'suffers'. People joke about this frequently and use the reference of OCD for little quirks and the like. I also believe no offense was intended, but like you, I try to keep educating people that this is in fact a mental illness and as such should not be trivialized whether on purpose or unwittingly.

I have never, ever had that experience on Celebrity. If we even touch a towel, it is replaced. And we don't normally throw them on the floor.

Until our last cruise we've always found the towels replaced even if we've just dryed our hands. This last 7 night cruise on the Solstice was the extreme opposite. The towel were only replaced once during the entire week. I know this because the towel I used has a nasty mark in the corner. It didn't matter where I left the towel, wet or dry it was folded and put back on the towel rack.

Archived