Which is better: Cove balcony or Deluxe OV?

I was looking at cruises and I like these 2 options. The cove balcony seems nice, heard great things about it. Or I also like the deluxe ocean view room because it has the seperate small bathroom with mini tub and sink. What do you think?

We've been on the Magic twice... we had a Deluxe OV once and a Cove on our most recent cruise. We also had a Cove on our cruise on the Dream.

I'm a balcony lover so I have to say go with the Cove... they are seriously amazing!!!

:)

If the prices were the same, since I mostly cruise solo, I would always pick a balcony for the same price as a OV.

I never understood the big deal about having a bath tub unless you are in a cabin with a baby who cant shower. I only take showers, and not baths.

I never understood the big deal about having a bath tub unless you are in a cabin with a baby who cant shower. I only take showers, and not baths.

I don't think the bathtub is the attraction for most people. I think there are two main reasons people choose Deluxe Family OV Cabins.

(1) Families that want to share a cabin together and don't think they can survive a week with just one bathroom.

(2) Families of 5 who have no choice but to book this category or else pay more to get two inside cabins.

My family of 5 will be in a 6N on the Dream this September. Given the choice, I'd squish us all into an interior like I did on the Inspiration last year. It worked out just fine for us. However, absent that option on the Dream, we opted for the 6N.

But I can assure you, the choice had nothing at all to do with the bathtub.

What is the difference between Cove balcony and a regular bacony, we will be on the Breeze.

Cover balconies (7C) are normally at least $100 cheaper than the least expensive Category 8 balcony.

We have not had a balcony on Carnival before. If I can save $ on a balcony, we might change categories. We are presently in a 8D for a cabin for 4 on the Breeze Dec 22.

The Carnival rep. said the Cove balcony was more inclosed ( I don't know what that means).

What is the difference between a regular balcony and a Cove balcony beside the price?

We've been on the Magic twice... we had a Deluxe OV once and a Cove on our most recent cruise. We also had a Cove on our cruise on the Dream.

I'm a balcony lover so I have to say go with the Cove... they are seriously amazing!!!

:)

Mach-

Did you have any noise issues? Friends of ours were looking at coves on the Breeze but had concerns about the noise from above and decided to book an extended aft with us.

Did you have any noise issues? Friends of ours were looking at coves on the Breeze but had concerns about the noise from above us.

I'm very interested in this answer as well. On several websites it says that these coves are below bars, the disco, etc. Anyone experience noise issues on the Dream?

We have not had a balcony on Carnival before. If I can save $ on a balcony, we might change categories. We are presently in a 8D for a cabin for 4 on the Breeze Dec 22.

The Carnival rep. said the Cove balcony was more inclosed ( I don't know what that means).

What is the difference between a regular balcony and a Cove balcony beside the price?

I called Carnival and she said that the Cove Balcony on the Breeze is enclosed and with a glass in front so no fresh air.

This does not sound like the other Cove Balcony cabins on other ships mentioned here..

I wonder if they are doing something different on the Breeze.

I have never had a balcony but last Dec on the Magic we had a Deluxe OV and LOVED IT! We had 5 people in our room (3 kids) and the extra bathroom was great! The smaller bathroom does have a tub but it also has a shower so one of my kids could take a shower while one of the adults took a shower in the other bathroom. Also, my 3 yr old will only take baths so it worked great for us! I had even thought about booking another Deluxe OV on our couples cruise next yr but decided to go with an Inside Spa cabin instead since it will only be the 2 of us (hope I don't regret it!)

Archived