Weight loss surgery cruising?

stepha06

I have had weight loss surgery....  

79 members have voted

1. 1. I have had weight loss surgery....

• Yes
    • No

I am bored outta my mind and my babies are sleeping and my husband is at work and I am sitting here wondering....

Have you had weight loss surgery? How much did you lose? Do you still cruise even though you have had surgery?

My answers: yes, I have had weight loss surgery I had gastric bypass Rny on 02/25/2010. I have lost 172 pounds. I am now 118 pounds, my lowest ever. I just had a baby 4 months ago also. I cruise even more now that I have had surgery.

If I could figure out how to post pictures from my iPad, I would do before and afters.

before2010.jpg.104d0c5f24f0212560dc0915d2f3be80.jpg

203589796_after2011.jpg.bd70fb411198157cd83e136359e01bc7.jpg

I am bored outta my mind and my babies are sleeping and my husband is at work and I am sitting here wondering....

Have you had weight loss surgery? How much did you lose? Do you still cruise even though you have had surgery?

My answers: yes, I have had weight loss surgery I had gastric bypass Rny on 02/25/2010. I have lost 172 pounds. I cruise even more now that I have had surgery.

If I could figure out how to post pictures from my iPad, I would do before and afters.

I did in 2004. I lost 240 lbs. I gained a little back but I'm happy where I am.

Pictures here

Food doesn't control me anymore. I control food, so I have no issues cruising.

I had "mini" gastric bypass with Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas. Im not sure why they call it mini when its full on bypass- just different than RNY.

I had mine Jan 2007. My husband had his March 2009.

I've lost a total of 100 lbs, but did gain some back. At my lowest I was down to 135lbs and Im now up to about 160 again- and working to lose a few.

I love cruising. The portions in the MDR are perfect for me and Im not tempted to overeat.

I had "mini" gastric bypass with Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas. Im not sure why they call it mini when its full on bypass- just different than RNY.

I had mine Jan 2007. My husband had his March 2009.

I've lost a total of 100 lbs, but did gain some back. At my lowest I was down to 135lbs and Im now up to about 160 again- and working to lose a few.

I love cruising. The portions in the MDR are perfect for me and Im not tempted to overeat.

I had my surgery in Phoenix, dr Juarez. I agree about the mdr portions.

I did in 2004. I lost 240 lbs. I gained a little back but I'm happy where I am.

Pictures here

Food doesn't control me anymore. I control food, so I have no issues cruising.

Awesome before and afters! You look good!

You guys are an inspiration. You all look fantastic!! I'm trying to lose weight the regular way right now. Been working on it for several years. I have about 20 lbs to go until my goal weight.... I can hardly wait to get there. I do find cruising hard while trying to lose weight. We cruised in December and I gained 7 lbs in one week! :eek:AAH!! I did a horrible job of actually trying to eat well while on the ship though. I'm hoping that I'll do better next time. BTW, when I got off the ship in December, I was 172. I am now 152. It's coming off SLOWLY but SURELY. :)

You guys are an inspiration. You all look fantastic!! I'm trying to lose weight the regular way right now. Been working on it for several years. I have about 20 lbs to go until my goal weight.... I can hardly wait to get there. I do find cruising hard while trying to lose weight. We cruised in December and I gained 7 lbs in one week! :eek:AAH!! I did a horrible job of actually trying to eat well while on the ship though. I'm hoping that I'll do better next time. BTW, when I got off the ship in December, I was 172. I am now 152. It's coming off SLOWLY but SURELY. :)

Congrats!

I did not have a surgery, but from what I know the key is eating right, eating often, a little at a time - yes or no? So on the ship it's very possible with lots of veggies. And you don't have to have a cake for dessert with all fruit abound.

Congrats to you all who have been successful with your weight loss and were brave enough to do the surgery. I have a friend who is nearly 300 pounds and was offered surgery from her MD and thinks it will destroy her enjoyment of life. I hope your personal stories will inspire her. I am a size 10 or 12 and am always watching what I eat even on cruises. Food is great but diabetes and heart disease are not worth it.

Surgery is not for everyone and I never recommend it. I will talk if asked, though.

I have a metabolic disorder which prevented weight loss, even with a 1200 calorie diet and exercise. I had little choice and I would do it again.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

No, never had to. I have maintained my weight for years. Love meats (seafood) and vegetables more than the potatoes and rice. I am not a big eater so I guess that helps. I think you all are doing a terrific job losing all that weight and you should be very proud of yourselves.

Great results! I think about having the surgery myself. I'm just a big old fraidy cat.

These days the complication rate is low IF you stick with the lifestyle change. Recovery was as easy as my gallbladder recovery.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

I may look at it again in the future. My girls are kicking my a$$, and I have to get this weight off so I can participate in their lives. What scares me about the surgery is giving up control, not the potential complications. I don't know if that makes sense.

For anyone considering WLS, including lap band, and especially for those who have to self-pay check out Dr. Rutledge at www.clos.net I know his website is crazy and it makes him look like a nut job, but I swear hes legit LOL

Ive had the surgery with him, my ex husband has, and my current husband and we all had amazing results.

To the person who said that their dr thought surgery might ruin their enjoyment in life, my response is that obesity ruined my enjoyment in life. Im so much happier now that I eat healthy, exercise and can be more active.

WOW stepha! AMAZING, you were gorgeous before AND after!!:)

Kayhold, I couln't view your pics, but I don't do facebook so maybe that's why.

Anyhow, congrats to all for being brave enough to have the surgery and make that change!

I have never had such a surgery, but I fight the fight everyday just to stay at a weight I can live with and be healthy. It's so hard, and some days are better than others, right?

So thanks for being such an inspiration! Way to go:D

I had surgery in July 2010. I've lost 120 lbs and have been at the same weight for over a year now. I still need to lose about 30lbs. Unfortunately, I still struggle with food everyday. But I have a lot more control now. And I do plan to enjoy the food on the ship in moderation and you will probably catch me in the gym a few days! Lol!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150767729134926&set=a.10150105414099926.279856.656604925&type=3&theater

I lost weight but not by surgery. I have lost 120 pounds due to working out and eating right. About 20 more to go!

Wow! Awesome! Congratulations!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Archived