2 food questions...

alexieb

1. Do they have A1 BOLD AND SPICY?

2. I've heard people order the cheese plate after dinner and then take it back to their cabin to have later. Will they pack you a doggie bag? Can we just walk out w the plate of food?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the A-1 sauce, I don't think so, but not 100% sure. If you have to have it, you can always bring it with you. About bringing food back to your cabin, they will give you the plate and put a cover over the top. No problem. My husband brought me my entire dinner that way, I wasn't feeling well enough to make it to the dining room.

I have heard people asking for doggie bags and the waiters can often be unwilling to and say it is not standard, but maybe as a favor they will do it.

Anything you ask for special like that if you tip, you can probably get .. but why not go to the buffet and make your own. I guess I am not into doing things I can clearly see the waiter does not want to do. It is a problem from what I have seen. Some waiters have even refused people at the table I was sitting at.

I would ask if you must, but if they say no, just let it go. The waiters even say the food in the MDR is to be eaten there.

I think in the above case of a sick wife .. that was one of the times the waiter made a exception to the rules. If you dont want to go all the way to the buffet, then order room service, thats what it is for and its free.

I am pretty sure you can order a cheese plate from room service.

As to A-1 Bold and Spicey, I didn't even think to ask!!! What is wrong with me, that is my favorite and I asked for A-1 got that, and didn't think to ask for the other. Lesson learned, I will ask next time. :)

On the A1: Sadly, no! I'm an A1 B&S guy myself, and I can't stand regular A1 (too runny and not enough flavor), so I ask for it everywhere I go. They didn't have it on Carnival nor Royal Caribbean.

As for the food in the MDR, I've taken plates with me to the room before. I didn't want dessert because I was too full so the waiter actually brought me a plate with cheesecake, chocolate melting cake, and fresh fruit, put a plate cover on it, and told me to have it as a midnight snack (this was of his own will, as I did not ask for it). I doubt he would've done that if he could've gotten in trouble for it.

As I said I know waiters who have done it .. and waiters who have refused.

I didnt mean they could get into trouble and did not say that .. but the ones who did not want to do it .. they said no, simple as that. I guess they know they are working for tips and usually try and please.

Yes to A1:) no to Bold and Spicy:(. Regarding the cheese plate, this is 5 small pieces of cheese with two or three small pieces of bread. I ask for it. I bring my own little plastic container, I throw it in the plastic container, I take it away and I eat it later. Problem solved:D.

We have ordered the cheese plate in the MDR after our meal, and, have just covered it with a napkin and taken it with us. Didnt ask, just did it. We love it with a glass of port before bedtime.:)

Dont think they have the A1 sauce, but no problem to bring it along from home.

Yes to A1:) no to Bold and Spicy:(. Regarding the cheese plate, this is 5 small pieces of cheese with two or three small pieces of bread. I ask for it. I bring my own little plastic container, I throw it in the plastic container, I take it away and I eat it later. Problem solved:D.

Yes, that's what I was thinking of doing.

Archived