Bringing fresh flowers on board – okay or not?

SB007

I later picked up a smaller inexpensive one from a bin in Office Depot of all places, so you might find one in a local store.

Have also found mine at Office Depot bins and the Dollar Tree.

Thanks for the tips about the flat (collapsible) vases; I picked some up yesterday at Office Depot!

Also if you want to make things a bit more convenient and not have to shop for flowers, carry them with your bags, etc you can order (at least a week in advance) nice roses or arrangements through NCL at quite reasonable prices. I looked up the link for you:

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

Thanks for the link. Everyone raves about the bouquets available at the Pike Place market, so I’ll try selecting one there. The flowers will make a nice, inexpensive souvenir of Seattle (and won’t collect dust when we get home).

Just to add to the thread, you can more than likely get a real base from your cabin steward. All those vases from flowers ordered through the cruise line have to go somewhere.

Just to add to the thread, you can more than likely get a real base from your cabin steward. All those vases from flowers ordered through the cruise line have to go somewhere.

I always assumed they washed them and reused the florist's vases.

Before I found the collapsible vase, I asked for a vase on Carnival. The steward stammered and said he'd try...he later came back later with a narrow pitcher, saying it was the best he could do...he was a very good steward and I believe it was indeed the closest thing available to him....it worked. The collapsible vase adds essentially no bulk or weight to my luggage, so I always have it. If a steward offered something prettier, I would happily accept, but having the collapsible means I can get the flowers into water without a fuss, whether in a hotel or stateroom.

Archived