Shuttle Express or Seattle's Best Car Service?

kelfie

I have spent a lot of time on the forums and I haven’t really found satisfactory answers to my question. We will be on the Spirit June 12 (6 adults in our group) and will be spending a couple of days before in Seattle. I am working on getting transportation for all of us plus luggage from our hotel to Pier 91 and then back to the airport when we disembark. Our hotel is pretty close to the airport (Southcenter) and I have looked at Shuttle Express and Seattle’s Best Car Service as options. From what I’ve read here on the boards, it will probably be cheaper than getting a cab and we would all like to ride together. I really like the cruise packages that Seattle’s Best Car Service offers, but I haven’t seen many reviews of the company. I’m not as concerned getting to the port, but our flight leaves at 12:20, so I am concerned about promptness when returning to the airport. Shuttle Express seems to have hit and miss reviews, but I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with them transporting a larger group. Anyone? Seattle’s Best Car Service or Shuttle Express opinions?

I've used the shared airport service and the hotel service from Shuttle Express for years and have never had a problem. Don't know anything about Seattle's Best.

The following 2 companies have been highly recommended on this forum and the Alaska forum, so you might want to give them a call. I don't have any personal experience with them but have read MANY positive remarks on both:

http://www.seattleexpress.com/

http://alreadytheretowncar.com/index.htm

Our family of 7 used Shuttle Express from the hotel to pier and from pier to airport a couple of years ago and were very pleased with the service and their promptness, so have booked them again this year for a group of 6. We did the private booking rather than the shared ride. Because the trip is considered as a "round trip" we were given a special rate. I would certainly have not hesitation in recommending them.

B. Cole

Thank you for your input! I reserved with Already There Towncar and am waiting for my confirmation. They were very quick to return my emails, so I am already impressed. :)

We used Already There last year and they were GREAT! Just got an e-mail last week from Princess with wonderful rate reductions for June to Tracy Arms. :) Have been to Alaska five times, however, never to Tracy Arms. Am giving it much consideration. :confused: If I do go, I will certainly use Already There again!:)

Just returned from Seattle Monday evening. We chose Already There Towncar and were extremely pleased.

Our train was canceled due to a mudslide and we were transported by bus. Called Charlotte to let her know and she couldn't have been more accomodating. When we reached Seattle, we called and the towncar was outside within minutes.

We would certainly use them again. :D

I have spent a lot of time on the forums and I haven’t really found satisfactory answers to my question. We will be on the Spirit June 12 (6 adults in our group) and will be spending a couple of days before in Seattle.

Hi Kelfie,

I will also be on the Spirit on June 12. i just wanted to invite you to come over and join our Roll Call. 27 days until we sail away....Yahoo!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Wife and I are thinking of taking Light Rail from Seattle airport to downtown then cab it to Pier 91. Does this make sense or am I trying too hard to save a buck?

More than a buck, maybe $15.

Light Rail for 2 is $5.50, plus $15-$20 for the taxi, so a total of $25. Shuttle Express runs a service to the pier every 30 minutes from the airport for $21pp.

A taxi from SeaTac to Pier 91 will be about $50.

Can you easily manage your luggage? The Light Rail station is about a 10 minute walk after you leave baggage claim. I've done it with a wheeled case and it was fine; you take the elevator or escalator up one level, walk across the skybridge to the parking garage, then follow the signs to the station. The walk is covered but takes 10 minutes.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/cruises

We have done the same Light Rail to Pioneer Square and then walk to the Ferry but never have taken a cab from there to Pier 91. Hauling your bags if only one is okay but if each of you are hauling a couple then definitely take the shuttle and the shuttle for $21pp is cheap! or at least reasonable.

If you want take AlreadyThere car service it is $55 to the pier and it will be your car and driver.

Lou

• 1 month later...

DO NOT USE Seattle Best Car Service! I had reserved a pickup from the Seattle aiport a week in advance for 13 people to Pier 66. They called me 2 hours before the agreed pickup time to tell me that they are cancelling my reservation because they raised the price! RIDICULOUS!!:mad::mad::mad:

• 2 years later...
DO NOT USE Seattle Best Car Service! I had reserved a pickup from the Seattle aiport a week in advance for 13 people to Pier 66. They called me 2 hours before the agreed pickup time to tell me that they are cancelling my reservation because they raised the price! RIDICULOUS!!:mad::mad::mad:

Hi, we'd like to clear the air about this. We remember you well. You had a reservation for 10 people and a car seat. Our price for this was $220.

You called us just before your flight left Washington DC to tell us that you were now a group of 13 people. We told you it would be a higher price for 13 people than for 10 and you considered this to be unreasonable.

Also we didn't call you 2 hours before, two hours before the reservation you were on the plane and could neither have made or received such a call.

All businesses charge more for more work. You have been less than truthful about our way of doing business and we don't think it's fair.

Wife and I are thinking of taking Light Rail from Seattle airport to downtown then cab it to Pier 91. Does this make sense or am I trying too hard to save a buck?

You spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and probably spend several hundred dollars tipping the crew and you want to save $20 to $40 on transportation for yourself?:confused::confused:

This thread is from 2012 but resurrected by Seattle Car Service. Not a wise move to bring a negative thread alive, but their choice.

Thanks, I failed to notice the thread was a few years old. But I still feel the same about spending thousands of dollars for a cruise and hundreds of dollars for tip, and not spend a few extra dollars for class transportation.:):)

Great weather today, right?:)

Hi, we'd like to clear the air about this. We remember you well. You had a reservation for 10 people and a car seat. Our price for this was $220.

You called us just before your flight left Washington DC to tell us that you were now a group of 13 people. We told you it would be a higher price for 13 people than for 10 and you considered this to be unreasonable.

Also we didn't call you 2 hours before, two hours before the reservation you were on the plane and could neither have made or received such a call.

All businesses charge more for more work. You have been less than truthful about our way of doing business and we don't think it's fair.

Stop lying trying to save face for an incident from 3 years ago. Your service sucks along with your lies. I had 13 people in the original reservation for the car service AND the cruise. Do you think I would have just added 3 people at the last minute or hoping you guys couldn't count?!? Also, you did call 2 hours before the reserved time because we were waiting for a connecting flight. Would you like to see a copy of the itinerary or my call log from 3 years ago?!?!? STOP BS-ing for your BS service. You are so ridiculous to bring attention a thread from 3 years ago with your lies and BS! LOL