***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

Hope you've got your thermals, ST. We arrived home to the UK from Southern Spain yesterday - its still very chilly and breezy with it. Great to see you've extended again, looking forward to your comments on Northern Europe. Enjoy the Patio Grill - blanket and hot water bottles could be the order of the day!

DottieD

DottieD...yep got the thermal underwear and wind breaker and sweaters ready and on standby for Cobh, Ireland whereby apparently as we sail in the morning they are calling for a temperature of 3C.....bbbbrrrrr:mad:

Actually as I came back from dinner I couldn't smell it as much as before, don't know if this is because they did something about it or I can't smell anything due to amounts of wine I consummed during dinner?:eek:;):eek:

Could it be that you are in a cat-atonic state because of the booze? Probably no need for a mog-adon to get to sleep tonight. Or do you usually cat-nap? No more, I promise:) Unless, Fairbourne .....

Could it be that you are in a cat-atonic state because of the booze? Probably no need for a mog-adon to get to sleep tonight. Or do you usually cat-nap? No more, I promise:) Unless, Fairbourne .....

I will sleep like a ROCK tonight.

Nite night to all on CC.

More to come later tomorrow morning from the Sojourn at Sea in the middle of Nowhere enroute to Cobh, Ireland.:eek:

Hissssss terical:p:D - let's not take this any furrrrther tonight ....

We are of the same opinion we wouldn't think of booking less than 30 days as long as we can be a in postion to afford to do so. We also started cruising the little sisters and then now have been on the Big Sisters it will be hard to go back to the little sisters but I actually like them and now my partner prefers the Big Sisters.
I do love the intimacy of the little sisters but the amenities of Seabourn square etc. on the big ships is wonderful. Miss Martha goes back and forth and still loves the little ones just as much! After three trips on the big ships I am sort of ready for a small sister. We will see what you think. Also your great reporting on your India trip on the small ship made me want to do it so we did sign up for 30 some days, Singapore to Athens next March...on Pride. (P.S. My husband likes the big sips better too but he found a great price on the little ones so it won him over and I am glad!!)

Nancy

Yes, I do so loveeee the 'beautiful 'lit white sleek Castle Yachts! I started on the Pride 12 years ago ~with my Mother (bless her heart) at 89 yrs~ always Suite #232 ! Many precious memories were made.

We cruised until she was 95 ~usually 3 times a year. Perhaps I just decided "when it's not broken, why fix it?" I certainly enjoyed being on all the new ships ~absolutely gorgeous and so comfortable and I liked staying in Suite #746. Configured suite,more like the smaller vessels. And the food, service, etc., all 6*'s ~met new fabulous, great Sailor's! But, for me, the Pride, Spirit and the Legend will always be "Home Sweet Home" ~ it's where my heart is.:p

Have a wonderful week!

Miss M

Day 12: At Sea Enroute to Cobh, Ireland

Good morning from a very sleepy and rocky Seabourn Square this morning. Just poor old Kevin and I as usual and the philippino facility cleaners. The ship is pitching and rolling a lot this morning, that's what actually woke me up this morning even before my alarm.

We currently are travelling at 14.5 knots per hour and have winds hitting us across the bow at 25 m.p.h. coupled with swells over 3 meters or 10 feet which is making for a lot of pitching and rolling on the ship and I am mid ship I can't imagine elsewhere on the ship what it's like. We are 360 nautical miles away from Cobh, Ireland so we have quite a bit of distance to travel as of yet before we arrive tomorrow morning.

Our current temperature outside is a balmy 11C or 50F under partly cloudy skies or so I think as it's still dark outside. As I walked past my Suite this morning that smell of CAT URINE by #726 is still there. I really think I am giong to speak to someone about this smell this morning.

Probably plan on going to breakfast at 8:00am when they open and get it over with before the rush arrives and starts ATTACKING on a sea day.

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn somehwere in the Atlantic Ocean enroute to Cobh, Ireland.:eek:

Nancy

Yes, I do so loveeee the 'beautiful 'lit white sleek Castle Yachts! I started on the Pride 12 years ago ~with my Mother (bless her heart) at 89 yrs~ always Suite #232 ! Many precious memories were made.

We cruised until she was 95 ~usually 3 times a year. Perhaps I just decided "when it's not broken, why fix it?" I certainly enjoyed being on all the new ships ~absolutely gorgeous and so comfortable and I liked staying in Suite #746. Configured suite,more like the smaller vessels. And the food, service, etc., all 6*'s ~met new fabulous, great Sailor's! But, for me, the Pride, Spirit and the Legend will always be "Home Sweet Home" ~ it's where my heart is.:p

Have a wonderful week!

Miss M

I agree Miss M about the "intimacy" of the smaller ship that I prefer rather than on the larger ships. But I gotta tell you with the Patio Grill open each night and Seabourn Square the larger sisters are attractive as well.

I do love the intimacy of the little sisters but the amenities of Seabourn square etc. on the big ships is wonderful. Miss Martha goes back and forth and still loves the little ones just as much! After three trips on the big ships I am sort of ready for a small sister. We will see what you think. Also your great reporting on your India trip on the small ship made me want to do it so we did sign up for 30 some days, Singapore to Athens next March...on Pride. (P.S. My husband likes the big sips better too but he found a great price on the little ones so it won him over and I am glad!!)

As your husband price would dictate my decision as well in booking on a smaller ship. It did in the case of the Spirit for next March we are doing a 20 day caribbean and transatlantic to Barcelona on the Spirit and the price per person per day is very cheap.

Post Breakfast Update; Enroute to Cohb, Ireland;

Came back a little while back from breakfast outside on the verandah of the Colonnade...can you say bbbrrrr! I thought I would get in breakfast very early this morning before they started ATTACKING.

The ship is very quiet this morning, not a lot of people are out and about this morning. There is a lot of pitching and rolling currently going on but it doesn't bother me personally. Our current temperature is 12C or 52F and under partly cloudy skies. We have currently wind gusts of 30 m.p.h. or force 6 on the Beaufort Scale. People are having a hard time to walk aroun the ship or should I say "waddle".

I forgot to add the other day that we have the Corporate Executive Travelling Chef with us onboard this cruise for 8 days by the name of Bjorn. I see people/crew members onboard with very stressed faces as he is making sure corporate standards are being implemented correctly.

With the weather we have today I am not so sure they will open the Patio Grill tonight or not. I have a lot of work to do today so I will be hunkering down in my Suite working most of the day.

The arrival temperature for us tomorrow morning in Cohb, Ireland is suppose to be 3C or 38F....bbbrrrr Polar Express cruise here we come again!

More to come later today from the Sojourn enroute to Cohb, Ireland.:eek:

Activities Onboard Today;

9:30am Absolute Beginners Bridge Lesson, Card Room Deck 7

9:30am Coffee Chat with Social Hostess Annabel, Seabourn Square Deck 7

10:30am Navigational Bridge Visit

10:30am Tours Presentation with Lisette in the Grand Salon, Deck 6

10:30am Golf Putting-Prize Game, the Retreat, Deck 11

12:00 Colonnade opens for Lunch until 2:00pm, Stir Fry

12:30pm The Restaurant opens for Lunch until 1:30pm

12:30pm Patio Grill opens for lunch until 3:30pm, Oriental

2:00pm Duplicate and Social Bridge, Card Room Deck 7

2:30pm Seabourn Speaker Series: "The World Doesn't Really Look like That" Grand Salon Deck 6

3:00pm Spa Seminar, The Spa Deck 9

3:00pm Wine Tasting Seminar, Classics of the USA, The Restaurant Deck 4

3:30pm Baggo-Prize Game, The Retreat Deck 11

4:00pm Dance CLass the Jive with Marius & Oana, The Club Deck 5

4:00pm Afternoon Tea Time & Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10

4:30pm Galley Tour with Executive Chef Andrew, The Restaurant Deck 4

5:00pm Sojourn Team Trivia Challenge, The Club Deck 5

5:30pm Friends of Bill W., Conference Room#1, Deck 5

Evening Activities Onboard;

Tonight's Attire: Elegantly Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

6:30pm Club Cocktails, The Club Deck 5

6:45pm Pre-Dinner Seabourn Speakers Series: Cobh for Cork & Dublin", Grand Salon Deck 6

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

9:30pm Brian Chartrand on Guitar, The Club Deck 5

9:45pm SHOWTIME: I Write the Songs, Grand Salon Deck 6

ST

Ohhh, so glad to hear Corp. Chef, Bjoern Wassmuth is aboard ~I saw him last Aug. while I visited Seabourn Sailor's (Eric & Peter) in Seattle ~~we talked/visited with Bjoern and Chris Prelog at the Holland America building (at that time there were no Seabourn offices) Bjoern is amazing!! And if you mention "Shannon" his sweet face with light up! His lady friend and main squeeze is beautiful and also a delight.

Stay warm ~be sure and stroll a'round the Cohb Pier ~I throughly enjoyed the Titanic building and exhibits. Most impressive! Will you be calling on Waterford?

Miss M

Post Lunch Update;-At Sea enroute to Cohb, Ireland

Just got back from having lunch in the Colonnade and it was a ZOO in there...people falling, tripping and bouncing around as the ship is moving a lot this afternoon with sea swells and high winds.

I decided even I would freeze, it was safer trying to eat outside.

I had the light Asian Soup and some salad for lunch and for dessert some peanut butter cookies with vanilla ice cream and decided to head out of that WAR ZONE of a place. Wow do you ever feel how full the ship is when there is no where for anyone else to go on a sea day.

The weather has not improved at all one bit today and we are bouncing around here in the open ocean with sea swells of 3 meters, and winds abating at 25-30 m.p.h. The sun is trying to shine and we have more sunshine and less cloud cover than this morning but the winds are persistent which is what is making it so cold out there today.

I passed by the pool on the way back from lunch and there 3 people out on deck chairs all bundled up and mummified trying to suntan?....huh?:confused::eek::confused:

Even the Patio Grill was pretty much deserted for lunch today.

More to come later today from the Sojourn being tossed around like a tin can here in the Atlantic Ocean enroute to Cohb, Ireland.:eek:

ST

Ohhh, so glad to hear Corp. Chef, Bjoern Wassmuth is aboard ~I saw him last Aug. while I visited Seabourn Sailor's (Eric & Peter) in Seattle ~~we talked/visited with Bjoern and Chris Prelog at the Holland America building (at that time there were no Seabourn offices) Bjoern is amazing!! And if you mention "Shannon" his sweet face with light up! His lady friend and main squeeze is beautiful and also a delight.

Stay warm ~be sure and stroll a'round the Cohb Pier ~I throughly enjoyed the Titanic building and exhibits. Most impressive! Will you be calling on Waterford?

Miss M

Miss M, yes Corporate Chef Bjoern is onboard (and he's not hard on the eyes either;)) and I will mention "Shannon" in pasing in order to light up his face.

Trying to stay warm today as well. No won't be calling on Waterford, but I have been to the Titanic building as you have before in Cohb. This will be my 3rd time in Cohb, Ireland.;)

Wine Tasting Today; "Classics of the USA"

We have today a Wine Tasting one out of three that will be offered on this cruise; "Classics of the USA", "Taste the Stars" and "Bordeaux Special" on May 15th, May 18th and May 22nd.

Today's "Classics of the USA" features the following wines in the Restaurant on Deck 4 in 1 hour's time for $85.00 pp;

Silver Oak, Napa Valley 2006

Opulent, Jettlynn, Paso Robles

Northstar, Walla Walla Valley, Washington 2005

Opus One, Mondavi Rothschild, Napa Valley 2003

Insignia, Joseph Phelps, Napa Valley 2006

May 18th 3:00pm in the Restaurant; "Taste the Stars" $100.00 pp

Laurent-Perrier, Rose, Tours-sur-Marne NV

Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin, Rose Reserve, Reims NV

Veuve Cliquot, La Grande Dame, Reims 1998

Louis Roederer, Cristal 2004

Dom Perignon, Moet & Chandon, Epernay 2002

May 22nd 3:00pm in the Restaurant; "Bordeaux Special" $135.00 pp

Chateau Montrose, St Estephe 2eme Cru Classe 2004

Chateau Palmer, Margaux 3eme Cru Classe 1995

Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou, St-Julien 2eme Cru Classe 1996

Chateau Haut Biron, Pessac-Leognan 1er Cru Classe 1996

ST

Wine tastings? ~~ ! I would love to try the Chateau Margaux '95 ~use to drink Margaux with my 'ole gentleman friend in San Antonio! The "days of wine and roses!":D

Do go have Irish beers at Fleet Street, Temple Bar in Dublin ~I stayed at the Temple Bar Hotel (really, a dump ~ha ha) in 2006 when I boarded the Pride for The Ryder Cup Charter ~(that voyage was very interesting to say the least! :confused:) As you know, Temple Bar area is a great place to people watch ~and to visit.

Enjoy your day!

Miss M

:D

ST

Do go have Irish beers at Fleet Street, Temple Bar in Dublin ~I stayed at the Temple Bar Hotel (really, a dump ~ha ha) in 2006 when I boarded the Pride for The Ryder Cup Charter ~(that voyage was very interesting to say the least! :confused:) As you know, Temple Bar area is a great place to people watch ~and to visit.

Enjoy your day!

Miss M

ST - Could I second M's advice to try some Irish stout. You don't have to wait until you get to Dublin - there are plenty of pubs in Cobh. Just a short stagger from where the ship berths.

Recommend you try Guinness, Murphy's and Beamish in that order. By your third you will have forgotten what the first tasted like and will have to start again. Best to start sampling early as Irish pubs are difficult to leave and you would not wish to miss your ship:) If time permits, you may wish also to sample Irish Whisky. Four to remember - Bushmills, Powers, Tullamore Dew and at a pinch Jameson. If you manage all of these you probably won't care if you miss your ship:eek:

And dont forget Irish booze is virtually calorie free and full of vitamins. At least that is what the locals told me as they carried me out of the pub.

Enjoy:D

Update on Satelite Communciations!:mad:

I had typed all about my quick run up to Afternoon Tea and POOF the WIfi on the whole ship goes down. I ended up saving the unposted text on my laptop and will post it later when it's hopefully back up.

I am here in Seabourn Square and there is wall to wall people and they have the heat going on full blast that it's a sauna in here.:confused::mad::confused:

Well it's very deceiving this weather outside as it's completely sunny but with the high winds and the pitching and rolling going on in the Bay of Biscay we are being tossed around like a tin can on here!

I wonder in 1.5 hours time if they will indeed open up the Patio Grill for dinner? ....stay tuned.:eek:

More to come from the Sojourn here in the Bay of Biscay enroute to Cobh, Ireland.

Wine Tasting Today; "Classics of the USA"

We have today a Wine Tasting one out of three that will be offered on this cruise; "Classics of the USA", "Taste the Stars" and "Bordeaux Special" on May 15th, May 18th and May 22nd.

Today's "Classics of the USA" features the following wines in the Restaurant on Deck 4 in 1 hour's time for $85.00 pp;

Silver Oak, Napa Valley 2006

Opulent, Jettlynn, Paso Robles

Northstar, Walla Walla Valley, Washington 2005

Opus One, Mondavi Rothschild, Napa Valley 2003

Insignia, Joseph Phelps, Napa Valley 2006

May 18th 3:00pm in the Restaurant; "Taste the Stars" $100.00 pp

Laurent-Perrier, Rose, Tours-sur-Marne NV

Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin, Rose Reserve, Reims NV

Veuve Cliquot, La Grande Dame, Reims 1998

Louis Roederer, Cristal 2004

Dom Perignon, Moet & Chandon, Epernay 2002

May 22nd 3:00pm in the Restaurant; "Bordeaux Special" $135.00 pp

Chateau Montrose, St Estephe 2eme Cru Classe 2004

Chateau Palmer, Margaux 3eme Cru Classe 1995

Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou, St-Julien 2eme Cru Classe 1996

Chateau Haut Biron, Pessac-Leognan 1er Cru Classe 1996

Those look great. We always enjoy the wine tastings. Some think they are too expensive, but I have always thought that I had at least one bottle of wine after the tastings, and the cost was close to the retail price of the wine. Its a great opportunity to taste some good wines, to meet some other wine lovers, and establish a relationship with the sommelier.

Those look great. We always enjoy the wine tastings. Some think they are too expensive, but I have always thought that I had at least one bottle of wine after the tastings, and the cost was close to the retail price of the wine. Its a great opportunity to taste some good wines, to meet some other wine lovers, and establish a relationship with the sommelier.

jam52, I agree. I am only interested in the Champagne Tasting and/or the Bordeaux Special.;)

:D

ST - Could I second M's advice to try some Irish stout. You don't have to wait until you get to Dublin - there are plenty of pubs in Cobh. Just a short stagger from where the ship berths.

Recommend you try Guinness, Murphy's and Beamish in that order. By your third you will have forgotten what the first tasted like and will have to start again. Best to start sampling early as Irish pubs are difficult to leave and you would not wish to miss your ship:) If time permits, you may wish also to sample Irish Whisky. Four to remember - Bushmills, Powers, Tullamore Dew and at a pinch Jameson. If you manage all of these you probably won't care if you miss your ship:eek:

And dont forget Irish booze is virtually calorie free and full of vitamins. At least that is what the locals told me as they carried me out of the pub.

Enjoy:D

MARIANH, you are VERY well informed on ALL of your liquids!

Archived