***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

Onboard Activities Today;

9:00am Arrival

10:00am Local Hospitality Office (available in the Cruise Terminal)

10:30am Shuffle Board, The Retreat Deck 11

12:00 noon the Colonnade opens for lunch until 2:00pm Italian

12:30pm Restaurant opens for lunch until 1:30pm

12:30pm Patio Grill opens for lunch until 3:30pm, West Indies

2:00pm Informal Bridge Play, Card Room Deck 7

3:30pm Golf Putting Enthusists, The Retreat Deck 11

3:30pm Games Get-Together, Card Room Deck 7

4:00pm Afternoon Tea & Piano Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10

5:30pm Friends of Bill W., conference Room#1, Deck 5

Evening Activites Onboard;

Tonight's Attire: Resort Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Moods with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

6:30pm Club Cocktails, The Club Deck 5

7:30pm All Aboard

8:00pm Departure: Sojourn sails for Cobh, (Cork) Ireland

9:30pm Late Night Melodies with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

9:30pm Evening Melodies with Guitarist Brian Chartrand, The Club Deck 5

9:45pm SHOWTIME: Piano Showman David Howarth, Grand Salon Deck 6

I too agree wholeheartedly that the captain made the right call in disembarking cabin 627's passengers who apparently could not be bothered to follow his rules. Rules and enforcement- a great combination on the seas!

But as a consequence we will never know if these types would have laid out towels on the lounge chairs near the pool or deck 10 to reserve them at 6 am daily, would be pushing in the queue for caviar on deck, and would choose to go to a show in the Grand Salon late and chat obliviously- thereby irritating

everyone else.

My guess is that they would be in that category. So no loss there. Looks like a win-win for your cruise!

Happy sailing!

Post Breakfast Update; A Coruna, Spain

Decided to mix it up a little this morning and had a "continental" breakfast in Seabourn Square instead of going upstairs to the Colonnade and good thing as well as they were being ATTACKED from 9:00am onwards. Looks like 1 hour forward made everyone go to breakfast late this morning. They were running out of EVERYTHING in the Colonnade and couldn't replenish fast enough.

I had a chocolate muffin (muffin man is overcooking them again in case you are reading this!) with coffee and an O.J. and that's breakfast for today.

Funny and strangest thing on Deck 7 right near cabin #726 there is a smell for the past 3 days of CAT URINE in the hallway. I asked two cabin stewardesses in the hallway this morning if they smelled the same thing and they agreed as well. Of course it would be impossible to have a stowaway cat onboard urinating in the halls but starngest of smells on a cruiseship!:confused::eek::confused:

Background on A Coruna, Spain;

A Coruna or La Coruna still sometimes known as Corunna in English and archaically as the Groyne is a cityand municipality of Galicia, Spain. It is the second largest city in the autonomous community and seventeenth overall in the country. The city is the provincial capital of the province of the same name, having also served as political capital of the Kingdom of Galicia from the 16th to the 19th centuries, and as a regional administrative centre between 1833 and 1982, before being replaced by Santiago de Compostela.

]Important Annoucement Coming Later on CC TODAY!]

Oh come on darling, it's ironing day today, and I know you can't be expecting the arrival of tiny feet, or are you??? Hahahahahaha!

Let's see what the options could be:

A. Seabourn is paying you to write this blog

B. Nigerian shrimp for dinner tonight :eek:

C. Only 5 days till Invergordon!

D. The fog horn broke and the phantom farter blew in and helped out :rolleyes:

E. you and Annabel are getting married ;):p

F. Ah I've guessed really but I'm not telling! ;)

Happy, silly Monday!

Welcome back Miss M, as ST said we do miss your salty tales when you're gone but delighted you had a wonderful time with your family. :D

Oh come on darling, it's ironing day today, and I know you can't be expecting the arrival of tiny feet, or are you??? Hahahahahaha!

Let's see what the options could be:

A. Seabourn is paying you to write this blog

B. Nigerian shrimp for dinner tonight :eek:

C. Only 5 days till Invergordon!

D. The fog horn broke and the phantom farter blew in and helped out :rolleyes:

E. you and Annabel are getting married ;):p

F. Ah I've guessed really but I'm not telling! ;)

Happy, silly Monday!

Welcome back Miss M, as ST said we do miss your salty tales when you're gone but delighted you had a wonderful time with your family. :D

Haven't seen the likes of an iron in 25+ years my dear...that's why God created a dry cleaner!

I am NOT telling a word until much later today...stay tuned!

Fairbourne, I'm sure Invergordon is a lovely place (never been, will do one day) but have you informed ST of how bl**dy cold it is here at the moment? The joking about the Polar Express cruise will stop when the freezing reality hits home!

Today's not too bad but the forecast for the remainder of this week is dire.

What day is arrival into Invergordon?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646115

I feel terrible. Last summer, I advised our friends from Oz that the UK is usually lovely in May and they planned a 4 week trip here on the basis of my word. :eek:

Fairbourne, I'm sure Invergordon is a lovely place (never been, will do one day) but have you informed ST of how bl**dy cold it is here at the moment? The joking about the Polar Express cruise will stop when the freezing reality hits home!

I feel terrible. Last summer, I advised our friends from Oz that the UK is usually lovely in May and they planned a 4 week trip here on the basis of my word. :eek:

What do you mean...... We've got a high of 10C today, sunny, positively balmly .... Hahahaha!

Oh yes thermals are still required with forecast of 10C - 50C - on Saturday, the day of arrival into Invergordon! but they are predicting a dry day with only (;)) a 20 percent chance of rain! The weather is so weird this year and usually May is a really nice month ... We had temps of 25C at the end of March, so who knows what's going on this year - even the swallows aren't back yet and they are always here by the last week in April!

But rest assured to all on the Sojourn, Imvergordon will extend an extremely warm welcome to you all. You will also have the pleasure of the company of being docked along side the Ocean Guardian. The area around the Cromarty firth is stunning and it should make for a beautiful sailing.

I was checking the extended weather forecasts for Cohb (12C) and Dublin 9C and now Invergordon 10C...Madonna... it's warmer in Canada right now than over here! Polar Express cruise is right...I can well imagine how cold it will be by the time we reach Hamburg?:eek::mad::eek:

Ravenscroft,

ST befriended??? Which well known, Seabourn lovely lady? Are you speaking of Missy A.W. ,funeral home owner from Maryland or Mrs. Stella T. from the Cotswalds area? Both seasoned and lots of fun!

Pleeeeze go ahead and tell us your big news!!:confused: We're awaiting!

The 'ole'Widda Woman from West Texas

M

Ravenscroft,

ST befriended??? Which well known, Seabourn lovely lady? Are you speaking of Missy A.W. ,funeral home owner from Maryland or Mrs. Stella T. from the Cotswalds area? Both seasoned and lots of fun!

Pleeeeze go ahead and tell us your big news!!:confused: We're awaiting!

The 'ole'Widda Woman from West Texas

M

OK OK twist my arm!

I've decided to move some of my meetings at the end of the month and I will be staying on yet for another cruise on the Sojourn from May 24th to June 5th disembarking now on the second Hamburg turnaround and doing the first Baltic cruise on the Sojourn. It will also be my birthday while on the Sojourn in the Baltics.

There you go you got it out of me in a weak moment:mad:, ST is staying onboard for another cruise after this one, 46 lovely and wonderful days onboard the Sojourn!;):D;)

OK OK twist my arm!

I've decided to move some of my meetings at the end of the month and I will be staying on yet for another cruise on the Sojourn from May 24th to June 5th disembarking now on the second Hamburg turnaround and doing the first Baltic cruise on the Sojourn. It will also be my birthday while on the Sojourn in the Baltics.

There you go you got it out of me in a weak moment:mad:, ST is staying onboard for another cruise after this one, 46 lovely and wonderful days onboard the Sojourn!D;)

You're Waaaaay tooooo easy ..... But who can resist that little Texas Gal, little ole widda woman Miss M ..... LOL!

I just KNEW you had booked anither trip .... Fits fur ye'll no' go by ye!

So we're both Geminis - that explains a lot!!!! :D

Now as you're enroute to the most beautiful country in the world .... Here's tae us! Wha's like us? Damn few, an' they're a' deid!;):D

ST

Wellll, "thank you very much!":confused: I was gettin' ready to call "The Cowboy, out of Houston....to jet to the Sojourn, requesting him to convince you to tell us!" (I have his cell #) Do not mess with The Cowboy.....as he's a best friend of El Paso, "Arms!" (he doesn't have any.....just 2, long sharp hooks!:eek:)

You've made us soooo happy!:p Thank you for sharing your great news!What day is your birthday? I'm sending you sumptin'.......a nice gift to the Patio Grille.

Miss M

Not even on the ship, haven't been since Lisbon, and still enjoying this blog.

Ever find out why in the world 627 missed the emergency drill?

We drank too much free champagne and passed out?

We are vampires and can't safely leave our coffins until after dark?

We are newlyweds and ...

cello44

Or perhaps "they", in #627 thought they were entitled.....royals?:eek:

Muster is a MUST for ever sailor.......could be a life saving drill!

Maybe this was their 1st cruise ? If they ever cruise again I bet they are the first ones there!

Martita B

Good to have you with us - :D

I did chuckle when I read "newlyweds" ... Too much champagne, on holiday, nice nap ;):D, caught in the moment ...... That's why so many people look half asleep at Muster Drill .... Hahahahaha! :eek:

Not even on the ship, haven't been since Lisbon, and still enjoying this blog.

Ever find out why in the world 627 missed the emergency drill?

We drank too much free champagne and passed out?

We are vampires and can't safely leave our coffins until after dark?

We are newlyweds and ...

Yes, apparently word has it on good authority that the "misses" before slamming the door shut on the Staff Captain said something to the likes "that she had done the Muster Drill many times on the Odyssey and didn't need to go" and then prcoeeded to slam the door shut and put the double lock on the door.

If that didn't seal her faith about being disembarked immediately then I don't know what?

Glad to have you back with us Cello44.;)

ST

Wellll, "thank you very much!":confused: I was gettin' ready to call "The Cowboy, out of Houston....to jet to the Sojourn, requesting him to convince you to tell us!" (I have his cell #) Do not mess with The Cowboy.....as he's a best friend of El Paso, "Arms!" (he doesn't have any.....just 2, long sharp hooks!:eek:)

You've made us soooo happy!:p Thank you for sharing your great news!What day is your birthday? I'm sending you sumptin'.......a nice gift to the Patio Grille.

Miss M

A Huge CheeseCake in the Patio Grill will suffice for my birthday Miss M on June 2nd.;)

Post Lunch Update; A Coruna, Spain...bbbrrrrrr:mad:

Just got back from the Colonnade for lunch...my goodness it's friggin cold on here all of a sudden...like we have been hit by a cold front all of a sudden! The winds have picked up considerably and the temperature has dropped down to 14C or 56F...so much for that high of 19C to 20C and forget the suntan lotion for today by the looks of it.

I had the grilled salmon with french fries and a side order of steam vegetables and for dessert a chocolate roulade with coconut ice cream which was delicious. I managed to sneak out of the Colonnade two Cannoli's to have later at Seabourn Square with a nice hot coffee.

On the topic of staying on for the next cruise on May 24th to June 5th; Seabourn was extremely generous with me again and have been able to somehow keep me in the same Suite even though it wasn't available to assign at the time that I booked this additional cruise and also given the fact I booked a CAT A1 on a GTY. Thanks again to whoever at Seabourn was kind enough not to make me move....it is greatly appreciated.

On another note, the "Astor" is once again alongside with us here in A Coruna today. They were already here tied up at the pier when we arrived at 9:00am.

More to come later today from the Sojourn in A Coruna, Spain until 8:00pm tonight.:eek:

My lips are sealed until later today....you won't get it out of me until then!:D....stay tuned!;)

I guessed. You complained to Richard Meadows about the smell of cat pee and you have been upgraded to the Owners suite:D. Or you complained to Richard Meadows about the smell of cat pee and you have been summoned by the captain to walk the plank.:eek: Bets anyone?

Oh and the cat aroma is probably due to the wrong sort of cacteria.

Archived